Romance - Where did you meet your partner?

Options
Go4it1985
Go4it1985 Posts: 169 Member
I'm a bit of a romantic at heart. I would say I would have made a really great guy because I've read so many romance novels (not that I expect that's real life).

So I'm curious...

Where did you meet you partner?
What did you first notice about him/her?
What is their best quality you appreciate?

I would comment but I'm single....so that's why I'm curious :p

Replies

• zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    I met him face-to-face at a Greyhound bus depot.
    Our senses of humor are what attracted us to each other.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    At work.
    His bulging pants.
    His bulge.
  • Katejohnston000
    Katejohnston000 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I met him in the pub whilst he was DJing R&B & 60's Blues. He had gorgeous hair!! And DJ'd using 45's, not CD's!.

He was everything I've always wanted (tall and slim) but I have NO idea why he's with me!!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    At his friends party. Friend was after me but he one. There was supposed to be a bbq but he didn't even own one. hehe..Funny thing is husband and I use to both go roller staketing at the same place. Meant to be.
  • Go4it1985
    Options
    At his friends party. Friend was after me but he one. There was supposed to be a bbq but he didn't even own one. hehe..Funny thing is husband and I use to both go roller staketing at the same place. Meant to be.

Awww very sweet :)
  • Go4it1985
    Options
    I met him in the pub whilst he was DJing R&B & 60's Blues. He had gorgeous hair!! And DJ'd using 45's, not CD's!.

He was everything I've always wanted (tall and slim) but I have NO idea why he's with me!!

I'm sure he appreciates everything that you are :)
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit of a romantic at heart. I would say I would have made a really great guy because I've read so many romance novels (not that I expect that's real life).

So I'm curious...

I would comment but I'm single....so that's why I'm curious :p

Where did you meet you partner? frat party
    What did you first notice about him/her? his eyes
    What is their best quality you appreciate? he makes me laugh
  • Katejohnston000
    Options
    Thank you GFI1985! So what's your story then? Are you waiting for Mr Right to come along? (Sorry - that sounds so cliché!)
  • asaunders0923
    Options
    Met in a bar of course! We were the only two not drinking.
    He was in the band and I was in the crowd... Went to the bathroom during their break and when I came back he was sitting in my seat! That was 12 years ago!
  • Go4it1985
    Options
    My story is that I probably will want to lose a lot of weight before venturing out in the dating world (haha). I'm feel kind of big at the moment though I'm told I dress well for my shape (A line dresses and empire waistlines a good at disguising :p)

I'm not sure if I believe in "waiting" for Mr Right anymore though ideally I'd meet someone through serendipity (at work/through a friend/social situation etc.).

I have been working full-time and studying part-time and the remainder of the time when I'm socializing is with my mainly single group of girlfriends. Though I have another circle of friends (who don't know my other friends very well) who are coupled up so I feel a little awkward hanging with them sometimes!
  • Bebubble
    Bebubble Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    HS 32 years ago
  • Rockstar_JILL
    Rockstar_JILL Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I met my boyfriend of 5+ years, on an online dating site. As soon as I read his profile I knew he was for me. And it helped that he was cute too. We chatted online for 9 days straight before we met in person. Been together ever since! Although we still have a long distance relationship. But it works for us. We only live an hour's drive away from each other so it isn't too bad. :)
  • Go4it1985
    Options
    we dog walked in a group for a few years. He was the tall slim handsome married man, whenhe seperated from his wife after a few months I noticed he was looking at me differently. He chased after me for a few weeks and been together ever since.

We were platonic friends first :)

strange how things happen. HE is tall and handsome and lean and I was short and chubby at the time. You dont have to wait to lose weight to find love, sometimes it just finds you in the odd places and moments :) He liked me chubby and now that I am slimmed down he still loves me :)

that is awesome! :) That's really great that you know he loves you no matter what your shape is.

I'm too self-conscious and too cynical about my body at the moment. I think I need to waaay more confident in how I look before I get involved again.
  • seliinac
    seliinac Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I met him at work. I remember the first time I noticed him walk in and asked someone who he was. He struck me as handsome and 'debonair', very well put together. What really clinched it was the time I overheard a coworker complaining that I wasn't at my desk (I was filing in the back), and he defended me to him.
    What I love about him most now is that he is supportive of me and always laughs at my jokes. We have so much fun together!
  • Katejohnston000
    Options
    Well, it's always good to feel confident in yourself before you settle with anyone else feeling comfortable with you. To be honest, I don't know what it'll be like when I get thin with my partner - he hasn't seen me like that yet! (He's a boy who likes the rounder figure... Luckily for me!)
  • Go4it1985
    Options
    Awww LOVING all these sweet stories! Good to know there is still romance out there. There's faith! :D
  • Kathryn41057
    Kathryn41057 Posts: 181 Member
    Options

We met in Community College
    He was shy, very cute, and had a really nice bum
    We've been together 34yrs, married 36... He knows me inside and out, and he settles me.

Kat :)
  • ineedalifetbh
    ineedalifetbh Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I met him through his old best friend, originally I liked his best friend but after a while he just strung me along eventually I found out he was flirting with another girl so I gave up but I still hung around because I already knew a few of his friends from a few years back and was pretty good friends with them. Months and months had passed and I became quite good friends with my at the time not-so-boyfriend-at-the-time, we began flirting at a party and within a few days we were together. That was over two years ago, still going strong. Pretty plain story but we went through a mission.

P.s first thing I noticed about him was his hair he had shoulder length hair, golden locks. Haha! And, the one thing I appreciate him for is his tolerance around me, I can be pretty annoying at times :laugh:
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,724 Member
    Options
    MFP