Romance - Where did you meet your partner?

Options

Replies

• arathena720
    arathena720 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I met mine on an online dating site. I had actually logged in that day to delete my account, but was taking one last look around. I had seen his profile before but I didn't message him. I really liked the kindness in his face and the fact that he quoted Monty Python. Plus he looked very handsome in the picture of him in his tuxedo playing for the symphony (he's a trombone player). I decided to give it one last go. We met, and the first thing I noticed was he was nicely dressed, with clean jeans, nice shoes, and a button down shirt. He had such a kindness about him, just relaxed, kind of nerdy and funny. I went home and told my neighbor that this was the guy I was spending the rest of my life with. We're getting married in May next year. :)

His best qualities are his kind heart, how well he treats me, and his confidence in being a nerd with me! lol!
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    online haha
    we spoke for 2 years before meeting
    and now have been together for a year since meeting
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I met my husband of 28 years on the beach in Cancun,Mexico. He is Italian and didn't speak much english--I spoke no Italian, however, we comunicated and fell in love, married, and I've lived in Rome Italy for 27 years. We have 3 sons. Some people pick up seashells at the beach--I found a sexy italian lawyer!
  • gimpygramma
    gimpygramma Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Where did you meet you partner? He was our paperboy. He was twelve. I was ten.
    What did you first notice about him/her? He was smart, funny and hard working.
    He got sexier once we both hit puberty.
    What do you most appreciate? That sixty years later, he still can make me laugh.:love:
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Where did you meet you partner? I lived next door to his cousin,one night he had to help him for work and it was love at first sight!
    What did you first notice about him/her? his sexy face and his height
    What is their best quality you appreciate? He treats me like a queen, nothing is more important to him than my happiness
  • RobinvdM
    RobinvdM Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Where did you meet you partner?
    What did you first notice about him/her?
    What is their best quality you appreciate?

Online. Gaming. On a MUD to be exact. Anyone remember those? :tongue:
    He wouldn't leave me the heck alone. He apparently felt that because I replied to him once I was supposed to never stop talking to hiim even when I was trying to kill stuff. ANNOYING.

We have since moved on from MUDding to mmorpgs to no longer gaming in the past 16 years. We also got married and had kids.

Best quality? Patience. A quality all top notch online stalkers need :laugh:
  • Montarosa456
    Options
    Well...
    He found me via pof.com (!)
    But we first met for a long walk at a country park where I first noticed his height & lovely blue eyes..Mind it was the second date when we really hit it off.
    More than anything it's the fact he makes me laugh everyday, he's patient, kind & just fantastic in a nutshell :)
  • matchbox_girl
    matchbox_girl Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I met my husband at a Hookah Bar. My good friend introduced us, and we had no romantic interest in each other whatsoever. Not even a little bit. At the time he had the hots for my friend and I was chasing a total d-bag guy. But John became someone in my life that I could rely on all the time.....he was kind of like my angel, especially when I was in a really dark spot in my life. Eventually I saw him through new eyes....I saw this kind, caring, "nice guy" of a man that treated people (especially women) with respect. So we hooked up. Then started dating. And a year after that he asked me to marry him.

We've been man and wife for 8 days now....together for over two years. He is amazing.....he gives me foot massages every night, cleans the house, tucks me in at night, showers me with compliments every day......I couldn't have hand picked a better man.
  • CaraRahl
    CaraRahl Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I first met my fiance online on a dating website...the headline of his profile made a reference to an anime that I was watching for the first time, so I messaged him to comment on it (totally not in my normal line of behavior) and we started chatting. I first noticed that we had a huge thing in common: a love of Doctor Who :) I think his best quality is his determination to be a gentleman and treat me like a lady (over a year into the relationship and I'm still trying to get used to being treated like a princess, never happened to me before in any other relationship)
  • action_figure
    action_figure Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I was dating his boss.
  • Nikoruo
    Nikoruo Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Hmm well I met my fiance online on Plentyoffish.com. We came to be very attracted to each others personalities and instantly couldn't stop talking to eachother. I didn't believe in meeting someone offline because of course it was dangerous. Though he was the first person to make me take that risk. I went across my city to meet him and well it wasn't love at first sight but i thought he was beautiful, too beautiful for me. He on the other hand was a little let down by me being so big. However, he was raised to see beyond appearances and he asked me out on more dates and we hit it off. Regardless to say, we fell in love with each others personalities right away and just couldn't stop seeing each other or talking to each other. :) Here we are, nearly 3 years later and engaged. I've never had a better match and i doubt i will. He is so perfect for me :)
  • Karissa_Clohan
    Karissa_Clohan Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Chris and I met online in late July, three years ago. We made it through numerous ups and downs during our two year online escapade. He visited me twice - the first time was a year after we started dating, the second time was almost 8 months later. He was from MD, and I'm in KY (550 miles apart, from my city to his)... so trips to see each other wasn't easy. We ended up going on a 'break' from May of 2012 until around December of 2012 while he went to AA and tried to get his **** together. Soon as we were over that period, things went right back to normal for us. He moved in with me in February of this year, almost 10 months after his last visit. We got an apartment together in June of this year, and then we got married ( :3 ) on October 7th of this month.

The first thing that made me get all googly eyes for Chris was how similar our interests were. From there, it was his sense of humor, his intelligence, his pretty blue eyes and long majestic hair, etc. The list keeps growing.

While there are a million small things about him that I love, his best qualities are his sense of compassion, commitment, and patience.

He started going back to NA and AA meetings the day we got married, and I resolved to get back on-track with my weightloss. We're taking this opportunity to grow together, find our strengths and our weaknesses, and prepare for the best possible future.
  • iheartbiology
    iheartbiology Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    We found love in a hopeless place...

a.k.a. grad school.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    on mfp= we were banned in the same thread at the same time. we knew then and there we were made for each other.
  • benefiting
    benefiting Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Met in a bar of course! We were the only two not drinking.
    He was in the band and I was in the crowd... Went to the bathroom during their break and when I came back he was sitting in my seat! That was 12 years ago!

Aw, cute. xD
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Church, 18 years ago, when we were ten :happy:
  • Go4it1985
    Go4it1985 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Chris and I met online in late July, three years ago. We made it through numerous ups and downs during our two year online escapade. He visited me twice - the first time was a year after we started dating, the second time was almost 8 months later. He was from MD, and I'm in KY (550 miles apart, from my city to his)... so trips to see each other wasn't easy. We ended up going on a 'break' from May of 2012 until around December of 2012 while he went to AA and tried to get his **** together. Soon as we were over that period, things went right back to normal for us. He moved in with me in February of this year, almost 10 months after his last visit. We got an apartment together in June of this year, and then we got married ( :3 ) on October 7th of this month.

The first thing that made me get all googly eyes for Chris was how similar our interests were. From there, it was his sense of humor, his intelligence, his pretty blue eyes and long majestic hair, etc. The list keeps growing.

While there are a million small things about him that I love, his best qualities are his sense of compassion, commitment, and patience.

He started going back to NA and AA meetings the day we got married, and I resolved to get back on-track with my weightloss. We're taking this opportunity to grow together, find our strengths and our weaknesses, and prepare for the best possible future.

You've been through a lot together - good on you both for sticking it through :)
  • elainemorris1982
    elainemorris1982 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    drunkin night out with work, he also works there in another department, we had never met before that night I was there 3 years and he was there 2 years but the strange part was that day I had rang his area and he picked the phone up and I was wondering who Mark was!! That was 7 years ago and will be married 2 years in December :)
    The first thing I noticed was his smile, he has a great sense of humour and makes me laugh so much. Best friend ever xxx
  • GooooHeather
    Options
    I met him at the Dental office. Loved his easy personality, his wit, and his teeth, lol.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Where did you meet you partner?

At a bar.

What did you first notice about him/her?

His taller friend, who ended up being an *kitten*, so yeah...

What is their best quality you appreciate?

Sense of humor I guess.