Romance - Where did you meet your partner?

Options

Replies

• supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Where did you meet you partner?
    What did you first notice about him/her?
    What is their best quality you appreciate?

I met my husband at college.
    The first thing I noticed about him was that he was tall.
    He is very patient and slow to anger, I appreciate that he is not a hothead. Also, he is very protective of and kind to me :flowerforyou:
  • cppeace
    cppeace Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    We met online on pof... I was absolutely sick of pof. I saw his profile. He was new to pof. He seemed overall sweet, nerdy and had beautiful eyes in his pic. He read my brief message and I saw that he had but hadn't answered. Being ignored annoys the heck outta me so I figured this was the last straw and I was deleting my account when I got home from work. By the time I got home I'd received a message from him. We lived about 35 miles apart and hit it off right away, had so very much in common. Love the giant with all my heart. Been together a year and a half now and been living together for 6 months.
    I'd been single more than two years. I met him still weighing 210lbs and he thinks I'm super sexy even though I gained back to what I was a year before we met.
    If you feel too insecure to currently date then don't, but my opinion has always been high of myself, no matter my size. That is why I dated and met several men highly interested in me, but they simply were not who I wanted. No click, no butterflies...
    My giant is my forever love and when you are destined to find yours you shall.
    Kimmie
  • FattieBabs
    FattieBabs Posts: 542 Member
    Options

Across an orchestra pit!
    His smile and cheeky sense of humour
    Loyalty, still has that sense of humour, very intelligent!

It took us 5years to get together - we kept meeting up in orchestras...but 26 years later still smiling....
    I was a beanpole in those days. Sigh!
  • shred_me_up
    shred_me_up Posts: 267 Member
    Options

Hahaha well I actually met him on MFP :D Then we met up in person in Paris (he lived in france and I moved there last year) and hit it off. Now we've been together for over a year <3

What did you first notice about him/her? His friendly voice and intelligence

Not to be corny but there is no "best" quality, its everything about him together that makes me appreciate him as much as I do!
  • luckydays27
    luckydays27 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    my husband found me on an alternative lifestyle dating website.

His first email was intriguing enough for me to want to talk to him. We exchanged a few emails, talked on the phone once and meet in person 7 days later. Within 10 mins I knew he was the one. What was supposed to be a short lunch, turned out to be 7.5 hours of walking and talking. I came home and took my profile down and have not regretted it once. We have been together for 3 years and just got married about 10 weeks ago.

He is dependable. No matter what is going on, I know that I can count on him. He is my best friend and I dont want to ever live without him. He is my biggest supporter and I love him with all my heart.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I met my husband while I was bartending at a Microbrewery.

The first thing I noticed was that he slipped through the door that I had been too busy to lock and a rudely asked him, "Do you want to order food?" He said he did no, so I let him stay. I noticed that he was very social and handsome.

Best quality as that he makes me laugh.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    First Colony Coffee in Norfolk.
  • lynalinda
    lynalinda Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I met him online nearly 6 years ago, in a chat-room, we both don't exactly remember how we ended up being contacts in msn, but at first he was really getting on my nerves lol but then we became friends and finally ended up lovers. He was living in france back then and i was living in canada, so he came to visit me and i knew from then that he was the one.

When i saw him for the first time i noticed his eyes, there was so much kindness emerging from them, he just made me feel safe and at peace ( and i still love looking at his eyes :) )

He's always there to support me when i need it, he gives great advice and whenever i struggle with something he's the one who keeps me from giving up. He's so loving and adorable, i just can't imagine my life without him.
  • HeyGoRun
    HeyGoRun Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Myspace 2006
    Married in 2008
    Had son 2009
    He works his *kitten* off for us and still gets to the gym even if its at 2am!
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Outside the front door of my apartment. I was grilling out and she and a friend were walking by on the way to a party. Had I cooked inside that day, I'd never have met her. We've been married 30 years.
  • raaraa17
    raaraa17 Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    In a club, I banged into him when I was walking past.
    I noticed how hot he was!
    His best qualities are his kindness and how he makes me feel beautiful
  • VickiDiane22
    VickiDiane22 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I met my husband when I was 19. We were both in the Army. I was at the Enlisted Men's club with friends He was there with friends. He asked to be introduced to me. From then on we were inseparable. We fell in love at first sight. I especially liked his eyes. He has been my best friend for 44 yrs. No matter what happens good or bad he's always there with his support. Don't think I could live with out him. :love:
  • greeneyes0809
    greeneyes0809 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Aww all these stories are just melting my heart. Especially the mfp ones, how precious!:heart:
  • TonyN7
    TonyN7 Posts: 14
    Options

First met her on the first day of college, when we had been put in the same classes on a number of subjects. Before long our groups of friends merged into one, which meant we spent a long while as friends. Would have asked her out sooner, but knew (and still know) that she was completely out of my league.

Got together 2.5 years later after she had gone to University and had come back for christmas. We agreed to go out for a drink and ended up there for 8 hours. It all went from there really, and now been together nearly 9 years and married for 4.5.

First impression was "wow, you're hot" Not one thing in particular, it just felt like I was looking at my perfect women. When I got to chat with her, I found that she was caring and perfect inside too. To me I struggle to see how she can better herself.

The ability to get me through anything life throws at us. She is so calm, and always thinks logical and calmy when any problems arise. She is also the best Mum to our 2 kids!
  • Carissa145
    Carissa145 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I met my SO on MFP

I noticed he spelled well, and he actually knew how to write intelligently.

I appreciate so many qualities, its hard to choose my favorite-- his caring nature, how he is willing to stay up chatting with me late into the night while I finish up papers, his humor, his deep philosophical mind, and so much more.
  • Docmahi
    Docmahi Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    strip club her name is nikki - she doesn't know were an item yet :PP
  • crystalbluewolf13
    crystalbluewolf13 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Met on a website called OkCupid :) he had a really weird profile and it just drew me in, moved in on our first date, got married a year later and we're still going strong XD
  • MikeCzarbary
    Options
    I met her at work and it was love at first sight. We've been together for almost 2 years now and we still work together and live together with no problems :)
  • Quieau
    Quieau Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    We met online. Lived 400 miles apart. It was love at first sight for both (even with me at my highest weight, he always thought me beautiful), we talked marriage on our first date. Saw each other every other weekend for 2-1/2 years, waiting for my daughter to graduate and then I moved (and we married) 2 years ago. Together almost five now, married for almost two of those. Have never had a fight to this day. Neither has ever doubted that we would grow old together from the time we connected. It was just meant to be.

I love so much about him, but his devotion is what still awes me ... he saw me through some very rough years with several health problems, including cancer, before we even married and from a distance of 400 miles (6 hrs drive each way). Never blinked.

I wish for everyone what we have. Didn't find him until my late 40s ... after a really terrible first marriage.

Don't settle! Your perfect match is out there.

(Photos on my profile) ...
  • squishybarb
    squishybarb Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I met my husband when I was 19. We were both in the Army. I was at the Enlisted Men's club with friends He was there with friends. He asked to be introduced to me. From then on we were inseparable. We fell in love at first sight. I especially liked his eyes. He has been my best friend for 44 yrs. No matter what happens good or bad he's always there with his support. Don't think I could live with out him. :love:

Thank you both for your service. I have a soft spot for those who serve our country. :flowerforyou:

I met my fiance in our American Sign Language class in college. He dated a girl who was deaf and learned sign language. I was just super interested in ASL.. I remember texting my mom the first day when he walked in, saying "MOM! Gorgeous guy, long hair, nice arms, beautiful teeth - and he has a camo backpack." :love:

Ahhh, yeah. A handsome one, he is. :heart: Love him to pieces.