Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Awful weight loss advice on Facebook

1235»

Replies

• Stage14
    Stage14 Posts: 1,046 Member
    What's that supposed to mean? Some of that advice could actually be helpful. There's dumb-a** comments too, but I think that she's over-reacting. The post about not eating carbs after 3 isn't a bad one, for example. The body metabolizes food faster/better early than in the late evening so that may work for some people. Also, detoxing for a week isn't a bad thing. It cleans out your system and can jump start a clean diet. THe only posts I find truly stupid are the ones talking about pills, eating one food for a week, or anything super drastic that is never going to work long-run.

Please link a scholarly, peer reviewed article that supports any of this

Most of these are theories that certain people have profited off of, but okay. http://www.csulb.edu/~druz/wesconemb/BioImmune.pdf It's an edu which says "Heavy metal detoxification has been shown to decrease cancer mortality
    by 90%" and lists several side effects of too much heavy metal such as early aging. During the study, it references juice several times and diet supplements. There's no vitamin included in those that plain juice won't have.

You do realize that a good portion of the "heavy metals" we ingest are from our WATER, right? Including the water that is used to make most fruit juices. This is why water has to be treated before used in fish tanks or given to exotic pets. It's the metals added to treat it. Even most bottled water has it, and no your Brita filter does not get rid of it.

Yes, that's why detoxes are home made most of the time. Just drinking orange juice for a day won't do jack **** because it's all crap. Usually, the person buys fresh produce and blends it up how they want.

So I assume by homemade you mean made with fruit specially certified to have been grown using completely untreated natural spring water on remote farms too far away from modern industry to have any sort of treated or groundwater in the soil, right? And of course all of these detoxes include instructions to treat all water and ice cubes consumed with a dechloinator that is specifically designed to break the bonds of heavy metals, yes?
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Shoot is it not just on FB, I was walking around Costco and they had some "diet drink mix" they were sampling and I over heard this woman tell another woman, that if you drink this daily, you will never need to diet, because it will cleanse your system out.

OMFG are you SERIOUS?? I popped in and firmly told the sample lady - please do NOT put out information like that because she is purely WRONG on all levels. Then I told the lady she shared with - please do NOT believe this bahooey because it is all garbage.

SMH everywhere I turn it is garbage being shared with the unknowing
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Shoot is it not just on FB, I was walking around Costco and they had some "diet drink mix" they were sampling and I over heard this woman tell another woman, that if you drink this daily, you will never need to diet, because it will cleanse your system out.

OMFG are you SERIOUS?? I popped in and firmly told the sample lady - please do NOT put out information like that because she is purely WRONG on all levels. Then I told the lady she shared with - please do NOT believe this bahooey because it is all garbage.

SMH everywhere I turn it is garbage being shared with the unknowing

Good on you for saying something.

I believe people are free to do what they want with their bodies, however nobody should make misleading claims and essential make *kitten* up. Give people the pure facts