Why do men like spoiling women. (non giggity)

Options
12346»

Replies

• micheleld73
    micheleld73 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    I don't spoil. If I'm taking a woman on a date, I pay. But I don't shower a woman with gifts or anything. If someone wants to be with me, it will be because she wants me. Not because I buy her a bunch of chit.

^^THIS^^ I don't want to feel like he is trying to buy my affection.
    if i care about the woman then I want to show it by expressing it. I do hold the door open, open the door for her in the car, make dinner, and take her out....but that's not spoiling...that's just being a good man

^^AND THIS^^
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I've been in relationships where I thought I didn't care about sex that much. It was like, "meh, I can take it or leave it". It was recently where I realized it wasn't the sex. It was the person. Lol.
    Ha!

Well, even when I'm unhappy with a relationship, I've always had the physical attraction. We might fight like crazy, but there's always the passion. :-)

I'm personally not OK with no sex (though who knows how I'll feel in my 60s), but some people just don't care and as long as those people are not in my relationship, they can do whatever they want.

I do think, though, if you're not happy with your situation, you should try to change it.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Giggity is never not an option at some point in time.

I'm a long-term thinker.

My dear hubby is 65 and diabetic. Hasn't been any giggity in years, and according to my sister-in-law, she and hubby's brother have the same suituation. Don't expect giggity to be an option forever.

I'm not sure that being 65 and diabetic have anything at all to do with it. Sorry. But, that's the truth. There are other issues there. Giggity is always an option, and a great one. Saying it's not an option is giving up.
    Diabetes affects circulation to the extreminties, so, yeah, I would think it might have something to do with it ...

At least if what I learned in sex ed is correct.

That could be, I suppose. I wasn't think about that issue. Yes, in that case, there could be no giggity. There could be other alternatives. I don't know, I'm not in the situation. There might be something. You just have to be open-minded.
    True.

But then some people don't care that much about sex, so maybe she's OK with it.

I suppose it's possible.

I've been in relationships where I thought I didn't care about sex that much. It was like, "meh, I can take it or leave it". It was recently where I realized it wasn't the sex. It was the person. Lol.

Yes, the diabetic condition completely kills the hydraulics, in many cases, including this one. And I am very much NOT okay with it ( nothing wrong with ME) as I love him dearly, but don't want to go outside the marriage, so I just have to play the no-sex hand I'm dealt. Life isn't always fair. Yeah, there are other techniques, but that's just never as good. Oh well, at least I still have him as a companion, though not a lover.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Some of us were socialized believing we were "supposed" to (to use your term) spoil women, regardless of whether we expected giggity. In fact, expecting giggity was one of the working definitions of a slimeball, according to my particular background. If a man and a woman went out to dinner, he was SUPPOSED to pay, or else be considered a cheapskate. He was SUPPOSED to pull out her chair and wait for her to be seated, or else be considered gauche. He was SUPPOSED to chauffeur her around, or else be considered a scrub. And, of course, he was SUPPOSED to do all of these things without expecting any giggity - or even hoping for it in an obvious manner - or else be considered a womanizer/chauvinist pig.

The late '80's and early '90's were a confusing time for many of us.
  • NinjadURbacon
    NinjadURbacon Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    how else are sugar daddies going to get young woman?
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Why would I spoil my woman? My wife? The mother of my children? The one person that supports me 100% and accepts me for who I am?

Think about it for a moment.
  • figo1987
    figo1987 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Why would I spoil my woman? My wife? The mother of my children? The one person that supports me 100% and accepts me for who I am?

Think about it for a moment.

Good post!

I think if people don't understand that then they must have dated some pretty big twats.

Why do we spoil our Other halfs? Simply because when you really love someone you are no longer numero uno in your life.