November 2013 Move Your @ss Challenge

Options

Replies

• spikesmom
    spikesmom Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Where will my numbers be this month?? I still have several days to add more miles! I'm so proud of myself. Tomorrow, I'm doing a ride with hubby, and then we are off to the keys after Thanksgiving. My miles down there are not as copious, but definitely enjoyable :)

exercise.png
  • spikesmom
    Options
    I know this will be the group to help me...my left leg has felt tight right behind the knee for a week now. I have a Half in 12 days. I did a 12 mile day this past Saturday at a 12:26 pace (which is good for me especially for that long of a distance). I also have a 4 mile run T Day morning. I have never really been injured before and I know this is mild in comparison to what others have been through. I keep thinking that this will just go away like any other sore muscle, but it hasn't. My question is do I take it easier/slower on my runs until the Half or actually take a few days totally off (my miles that I put in here are about half running/walking and half stationary bike)?

Thanks for your help!

I don't know if it's the same thing, but I had something like that on the side and back of me knee and it ran up and down my leg. It's called IT band syndrome and I had to rest and ice it. I was poor at resting it, but I did stop running, but kept up with my bike. It did imrove but it took weeks! I hope yours is not the same thing. Good luck with you race!
  • momof2boyz832
    momof2boyz832 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    8.25 miles this morning

exercise.png
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I know this will be the group to help me...my left leg has felt tight right behind the knee for a week now. I have a Half in 12 days. I did a 12 mile day this past Saturday at a 12:26 pace (which is good for me especially for that long of a distance). I also have a 4 mile run T Day morning. I have never really been injured before and I know this is mild in comparison to what others have been through. I keep thinking that this will just go away like any other sore muscle, but it hasn't. My question is do I take it easier/slower on my runs until the Half or actually take a few days totally off (my miles that I put in here are about half running/walking and half stationary bike)?

Thanks for your help!

I don't know if it's the same thing, but I had something like that on the side and back of me knee and it ran up and down my leg. It's called IT band syndrome and I had to rest and ice it. I was poor at resting it, but I did stop running, but kept up with my bike. It did imrove but it took weeks! I hope yours is not the same thing. Good luck with you race!

Thanks! I was going to ice it for the next two days and take those days totally off. I will take it easy for my 4 miler T Day morning and the rest of the weekend. Hope this works. After my Half, I go straight to Disney for a week (well I will shower first) so I don't want to be hobbling for that either!
  • JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,944 Member
    Options
    3 mile run this morning. Now off to pick up my college boy. Keep moving!

exercise.png
  • Whereismycoffee
    Whereismycoffee Posts: 130 Member
    Options

exercise.png

Made goal, but doing this to keep track, so I don't forget what I actually did this month.
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,337 Member
    Options
    Yes! I'll be spending hours on this website looking at all of them.

This one is what I look like on the treadmill.

smiley-sport040.gif
    That's my other favorite smiley on treadmill gif! Also what I think I look like most of the time too :wink:

Dave
  • future_rockstar
    future_rockstar Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Just checking in. 84.5/100 miles done as of yesterday.
  • future_rockstar
    future_rockstar Posts: 711 Member
    Options

Thanks for your help!

Thanks! I was going to ice it for the next two days and take those days totally off. I will take it easy for my 4 miler T Day morning and the rest of the weekend. Hope this works. After my Half, I go straight to Disney for a week (well I will shower first) so I don't want to be hobbling for that either!

Good luck to you on your race. I hope your leg feels better by then.
  • OlyTriNoob
    Options
    Love the group idea.

7 miles on the stationary yesterday...too much sleet/rain to go out.

Total: 297/329

exercise.png
  • speedyf
    speedyf Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    3.8 walking miles yesterday. Still overloaded with work, so I haven't been to the gym in 4 days. But tomorrow is D day! :laugh:
    Everybody @ss Movers who made their goal, Congrat :drinker: :drinker: And for the rest of us, just keep pushing people! We can do this!:drinker:

exercise.png

Dropping a quote (this is how I feel right now!!)
    tumblr_mwsefsrf331sr9vtpo1_500.png
  • darkrider42
    Options
    Sorry I haven't been in a while, just counting since last time I updated and it was 9 days ago.

Up to when I went to bed last night I was up to 181.45km.

I think I made my challenge 195 and with 5 days to go (incl today) I should make it.
    VICKI9168 - That is so awesome!!! You're at 181KM after crushing your original goal of 65KM!!! You should be so very proud of yourself!! Only 13KM and some change to go to make goal!

HOYALAWYA22003 - Thanks for clearing that up! I was scratching my head a little. :laugh:

SPIKESMOM - Beautiful job! Way to keep piling on those BONUS MILES! :drinker:

WHEREISMYCOFFEE - No, no, don't stop moving and don't stop reporting your miles! Keep 'em coming! We *LOVE* BONUS MILES around here!!!! :flowerforyou:

BFLOGAL854 - Got it, thanks! Your new total is 23.25 miles so you can include your new total with future updates! :bigsmile:

SPEEDYF - You're getting close to goal and I so totally relate to that pic! I often say things like that! The most common being that "I'd better run before I end up in a clocktower with a rifle." :laugh::laugh: Anyway, I hope you get that run in tomorrow! I'm a little tight on bail money right now... :bigsmile::bigsmile:

...and now making GOOOOAL are CEECEMEE and LISAH8969!!!!! :drinker::drinker::drinker:: CONGRATS on your excellent achievement! And CeeCee...please don't think your miles are any less of an achievement. We're all at different 'places' in our our fitness so everyone has a different number that is a lot of work to achieve! Hold your head high and be proud of what you've done! :flowerforyou:

LISAH8969 - And regarding your knee issue...I think the things you ought to try are of course ice, ibuprofen/Advil, gentle stretching before and after you run, and use a firm foam roller over the entire length of the back of your leg (both legs actually so you don't get imbalanced :smile:). Work your calves, hammies and glutes.You can pick up inexpensive foam rollers from Target or Walmart. I don't remember who said it, but it does take a while to go away. Mine lasted a little over a month? If it starts bothering you too much, switching to bike or elliptical would help if you have those available. Good luck and I hope you're able to manage it until you're able to get rid of it. And good luck on your races! :smile:

...and I'm also very happy to report that we have BLOWN PAST OUR OLD MONTHLY MILES RECORD!!! The old one was 16,880 and as of this update, we are now at 16,965!!! WOOOHOOO!!!! And we still have 4 more days to go this month!!

Keep on moving, folks! There's still time to rack up some more miles. Whether or not you've made goal, you are still doing great and every mile you move is a WIN. :heart:

Dave
    Darkrider42

SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

View (but not edit) at this address:

WWW.TINYURL.COM/MGTPPLU
  • happylife2014
    happylife2014 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Not looking like I'm going to hit my goal this month.. I started Chalean Extreme 90 day program, and it's a little harder to get a ton of extra miles in as I do most my workouts in the morning so I have the nights for my family.. I'll keep trucking along though and see where I end up at the end of the month. I will set my goal for December a little lower! :) Sorry everyone!!

exercise.png
  • darkrider42
    Options
    Not looking like I'm going to hit my goal this month.. I started Chalean Extreme 90 day program, and it's a little harder to get a ton of extra miles in as I do most my workouts in the morning so I have the nights for my family.. I'll keep trucking along though and see where I end up at the end of the month. I will set my goal for December a little lower! :) Sorry everyone!!
    Hey you! Nothing to be sorry about! You are still moving and you are doing so great with that DVD workout! Very consistent! And when you do finish with it and if you decide to get back to running, I bet you'll be able to "Run like the wind, Bullseye!!" (Toy Story quote) :smile::flowerforyou:

Dave
    Darkrider42
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    11/26/13: 3.27 miles. I walked from where i dropped the car off to the hospital (hubby pulled something in his back) from the hospital back, as well as from my house to where the car was dropped off at for repair. More will be coming later. Figured I would log this before I forgot to.

exercise.png
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    LISAH8969 - And regarding your knee issue...I think the things you ought to try are of course ice, ibuprofen/Advil, gentle stretching before and after you run, and use a firm foam roller over the entire length of the back of your leg (both legs actually so you don't get imbalanced :smile:). Work your calves, hammies and glutes.You can pick up inexpensive foam rollers from Target or Walmart. I don't remember who said it, but it does take a while to go away. Mine lasted a little over a month? If it starts bothering you too much, switching to bike or elliptical would help if you have those available. Good luck and I hope you're able to manage it until you're able to get rid of it. And good luck on your races! :smile:

...and I'm also very happy to report that we have BLOWN PAST OUR OLD MONTHLY MILES RECORD!!! The old one was 16,880 and as of this update, we are now at 16,965!!! WOOOHOOO!!!! And we still have 4 more days to go this month!!

Dave
    Darkrider42

Thanks Dave! And I just happen to be going to Target after work today so I will pick up a foam roller there.

Good job everyone on a new miles record! Woo hoo!
  • spikesmom
    Options
    3.8 walking miles yesterday. Still overloaded with work, so I haven't been to the gym in 4 days. But tomorrow is D day! :laugh:
    Everybody @ss Movers who made their goal, Congrat :drinker: :drinker: And for the rest of us, just keep pushing people! We can do this!:drinker:

exercise.png

Dropping a quote (this is how I feel right now!!)
    tumblr_mwsefsrf331sr9vtpo1_500.png

@ speedyf
    this is why I have to keep moving! Hubby is between jobs ofr the ifrst time in 30 years, kids are home from college, so I have to watch out for their wellbeing before someone gets hurt :) Thank God for work and my bike!
  • Libi_KK
    Libi_KK Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: We really need a little guy on the treadmill smiley.

Nice work
    You mean like this?? smiley-sport015.gif

Thanks! :bigsmile:
    Dave

Yes! I'll be spending hours on this website looking at all of them.

This one is what I look like on the treadmill.

smiley-sport040.gif

I love the smileys! (edited to try out new ticker that didn't exactly work)
  • Beckyann1971
    Options
    3 miles walking on treadmill today.

exercise.png
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    think this will be my last post for november updating my miles....maybe some friday when i hike with the kids but we'll see if i track it and then get it reported lol....

lunch bike ride (last of november)
    8.86 miles
    163.86/135 complete