To share or not to share your food journal

Options

Replies

• Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    Mines always open. I've got nothing to hide :) judge away.
  • tarabole
    tarabole Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I share to stay accountable and have not found that people have judged me. I am trying to get off drinking a lattte every day, so I want to have an open diary so that I know if I have a latte everyone who looks at my diary can see it. Also, I was not losing for a period and cut out sugar and sodium and added more fibre, that really helped so I want to share that.
  • Truegoddess22
    Truegoddess22 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    This. I like looking at other people's diaries just to get a variation in what I eat. It's up to you though. :D
    Meh, mine is open. I haven't gotten one unsolicited message and I eat quite dirty and often over calories. :smokin:
  • cookiealbright
    cookiealbright Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Mine is open to my friends only. I have changed how I eat, but I do eat donuts for breakfast alot. I like my sweets and I'm gonna get them in. I really only base it on a weekly average. I try to stay under goal Mon., Tue. & Wed. so that I can have a couple glasses of wine on the weekend. Most people are going to go over occasionally due to special days like weddings & birthdays, but it's real life and that's why we have holidays - to enjoy ourselves!
  • QuincyChick
    QuincyChick Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Mine is open to everyone. Judge away!
  • _jayciemarie_
    _jayciemarie_ Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I share mine. I'm not afraid of constructive criticism. I need all the help I can get.
  • ellybeann
    ellybeann Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I share, and like to view others. It gives me food ideas and lets me mix thing up instead of the same thing over and over. As far as being judged, whos cares you only have yourself to answer to..this is your journey own it
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    I am keeping mine open because six months from now, and I have successfully have lost a steady 1-2 lbs per month, I can show that I eat Pizza and have a realistic approach to life. Not some derp-based orthorexic "bunker" mentality. LOL :drinker:

I just want to be like Chevy when I grow up so I share mine as well. :bigsmile: Also, since I am trying to kick my Starbucks "addiction", I like my friends to keep me accountable and give me carp when I go over my 3/week allowance!!! But I also like getting meal ideas from my friends as well!!
  • Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I just want to be like Chevy when I grow up so I share mine as well. :bigsmile: Also, since I am trying to kick my Starbucks "addiction", I like my friends to keep me accountable and give me carp when I go over my 3/week allowance!!! But I also like getting meal ideas from my friends as well!!

@Rhon - You are headed down the road to a path of misery and despair and pizza LOL :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Thoughts on this? I have mixed feelings about it. Part of me doesn't want to share what I eat over fear of being judged. The other part thinks it may be beneficial. I need to be convinced either way.

It all boils down too how grown up you think you are I rather have friends that tell me if I am doing something wrong, than trod along thinking what I am doing is correct.
  • Llamos4110
    Llamos4110 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have mine open to friends. I am much more apt to make a healthy decision that way. I don't mind when my friends don't open theirs, but if they do, I do look every day- mostly because I have been able to borrow some really great and yummy ideas! I only offer my thoughts when they have specifically asked for someone to make suggestions.
  • musicboxes
    musicboxes Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I agree to keep open, as I get inspiration from others, see what is working for them & get healthy food ideas to try. It's your path so don't worry about what others think...be yourself.
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    Mines public and always has been. I eat what I want, I go over calories, I go under calories, I eat 8 cookies at a time or 3 chocolate bars or whatever I manage to binge on IF I do. Some weeks are better than others but all in all I don't really care about anyone's opinion but my own. Judge away LOL!

I leave it open because when I am asking for feedback - which I have on occasion - it is impossible to get anything accurate if the diary is private (keep this in mind if you are ever wanting help from someone who is not on your friend list).

I think maybe one person who was not on my friend list ever sent me a message to comment on my food choices and probably I ignored it like I tend to do if someone sends me unsolicited advice (or empty friend requests ;p ). If you're going to take comments personally then it's probably better to keep it private but in the end it's a personal choice.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    Leaving it open was part of me becoming okay with what I eat.

I don't complete my diary (except for the lulz days) because I don't need any assistance or feedback and don't want to clog up their news feeds, but it's open so I can share those lulz days to my FL or if someone on my FL wants to see it for guidance.
  • bugtaylor
    bugtaylor Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    KEEP PRIVATE. NO ONE NEEDS TO KNOW EVERYTHING.
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    @Rhon - You are headed down the road to a path of misery and despair and pizza LOL :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :smile: :flowerforyou:

Can we put bacon on the pizza??? :laugh:
  • Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options

Can we put bacon on the pizza??? :laugh:

@Oh Yeah - That is a given! - Also Wait until you see one of my famous Spaghetti-O's sandwhiches on White Bread next month too! :drinker:
  • Siansonea
    Siansonea Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Judge me all you want, humans. I'm not such a fragile flower that your censure actually affects me in any way. Cheers! :drinker:
  • cavia
    cavia Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Food shouldn't be shameful.

My diary is open. I have had unsolicited comments about what I eat - moreso from those MFP friends I have IRL. It doesn't bother me. I love food, I love to eat and I try to maximize my ability to eat as much as I can.

I don't peruse the diaries of people whose eating habits are very dissimilar to my own unless they've explicitly asked for advice. Those whose eating habits match my own get looked at regularly because I enjoy discovering new meal ideas.
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    Hi, I keep mine public, this thing is really all about me. People can judge if they want, I don't care. I've been on this site for a long time and been pretty successful so it may help others.