Lady to give out "you're too fat for candy" letters?

Options
1101112131416»

Replies

• Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    2znohsn.jpg

He/She/They would hate me when I was done.

I love this. Some days I wish it was tattooed on my forehead, especially during PMS week. I don't see why people insist on crap like what that woman is doing or disappointing kids and killing their Halloween joy with "healthy snacks." It's one day, and it's Halloween, so just give the kids the damn candy. They are their parents' problem after that. It's not complicated.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Oh I just dropped in to see if there might be any update on what happened with this lady and her letters.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Oh I just dropped in to see if there might be any update on what happened with this lady and her letters.

Consensus is that it was a radio station hoax. Station has a history of it.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

Consensus is that it was a radio station hoax. Station has a history of it.

Ahhh, thank you. Now to TP that radio station...who's in?
  • AlyssasDiet
    Options
    For one, she's basically saying that letting your kids gorge themselves on candy is okay if the kid isn't fat, but if the kid is fat it's unhealthy. That's not how it works. O.o Halloween isn't healthy for any kid! But so what? It's a holiday! Which brings me to my second point, kids don't get fat off of Halloween candy, it's one day in the entire year. They get fat because of genetics and poor diet/inactivity over their entire lifespan. So she is literally accomplishing nothing, other than making little kids feel bad and pissing off parents. Plus "It takes a village to raise a kid"? I'm sorry but I didn't grow up in that kind of era, I grew up in the "the village had better stay the hell away from my kids and mind their own business" era.
  • AlyssasDiet
    Options
    Oh, I just read the posts saying it was a hoax. XD I got on my soapbox for nothing.