The most bad a** thing you've ever done

Options

Replies

• whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Gone down a zipline naked and let go over a pond that had only thawed out a month after winter ended.

Made a ramp and jumped my bicycle over a bonfire. (hair singed everywhere!!)
  • icyeyes317
    icyeyes317 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I've done a lot....there's graduating from boot camp, traveling the world, giving birth, becoming a paramedic, BEING a paramedic, etc.

The MOST badass thing I've actually done is getting drunk and telling my best friend how I felt about him....

We're married now. :love:
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    Quit a decent job with benefits to move to Italy with a boyfriend.
    Took a job in South Korea without knowing anyone there, and had the balls to quit after being sexually assaulted and miserable for four months.
    Then, only a couple months later, took a job in Moscow without knowing anyone here...

Not even close to as badass as most of you, but it's definitely a different kind of adventure :)
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    I got drunk at the north pole, "wrote" my name in the snow, and then took a picture on the infrared camera on my submarine that will forever be saved in the Naval Archives.

The other most badass thing I've done is getting drunk and telling my best friend how I felt about her....

We're married now. :bigsmile:
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    mostly just stupid stuff:

jumped off a second story roof into a bush

ghost rode the whip on a golf cart

lots of dumb stuff with my horse

hopefully in the near future, bungee jumping and skydiving!!
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    completed my first 26.2 at age 42 this past Sunday! Marine Corps Marathon.....ooh rah!!!
  • Rachlovesfitness
    Rachlovesfitness Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    stopped drinking when I saw I was having problems....over a year now :)
  • MagicalLeopleurodon
    MagicalLeopleurodon Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Chased down an attempted robber armed with nothing butva crowbar and a bad mood.
  • RunBrew
    RunBrew Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I don't like to talk about my deployments in the Army (I was an infantry medic), but honestly the most badass thing I've done was treating a soldier who was hit with a grenade in the middle of a firefight. I ran across the street, grabbed his vest just like I was trained to do and dragged him behind a parked car where I went to work on him. I'm quite proud to say he lived to tell the tale, but sad that he is missing his left leg below the knee.

Other than that, in high school my best friend and I drove the 3 hours north from our hometown to the South Rim of the Grand Canyon, ate some dinner, slept a few hours then hiked/ran the 20-ish miles to the North Rim, had lunch, changed socks, and hiked the 20 miles back. Completed the rim-to-rim-to-rim in about 18 hours.
    Dumbest thing I've ever done to date. I was wrecked for a week afterwards. But we still talk about it.
  • BrokenButBeautiful
    Options
    I don't like to talk about my deployments in the Army (I was an infantry medic), but honestly the most badass thing I've done was treating a soldier who was hit with a grenade in the middle of a firefight. I ran across the street, grabbed his vest just like I was trained to do and dragged him behind a parked car where I went to work on him. I'm quite proud to say he lived to tell the tale, but sad that he is missing his left leg below the knee.

Other than that, in high school my best friend and I drove the 3 hours north from our hometown to the South Rim of the Grand Canyon, ate some dinner, slept a few hours then hiked/ran the 20-ish miles to the North Rim, had lunch, changed socks, and hiked the 20 miles back. Completed the rim-to-rim-to-rim in about 18 hours.
    Dumbest thing I've ever done to date. I was wrecked for a week afterwards. But we still talk about it.

You are awesome, that is all. :flowerforyou:
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options

True badassery. Much respect.
  • Cre8veLifeR
    Cre8veLifeR Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    stopped drinking when I saw I was having problems....over a year now :)

That takes a lot of courage -- Congratulations to you!! :flowerforyou:
  • RN514
    RN514 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    I would like to think saving lives is pretty BA.
  • dicoveringwhoIam
    dicoveringwhoIam Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Got married, married now for 17yrs when everyone said it wouldn't last. Had 4 kids and raising and autistic Kido to proud of who is instead of who he's not.
    *bungee jumping a week before I got married.
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    nothing compared to you all. i've done tones of dump stuff not worth bragging about. so i'll just put i listened to mily cirus on youtube the other day not proud of it
  • kayla_who
    kayla_who Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I acquired Rivendare's Deathcharger on my first run in Stratholme. :D
  • SteveStedge1
    SteveStedge1 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Probably the 100+MPH police chase I got in with my motorcycle when I was 16. Then we built a motocross track with my dad's bulldozers in our back lawn. Or the time I did 172MPH on my brothers crotch rocket. Or making big profit with stocks. Or becoming a stay at home dad. Or most recently doing our own timing belt on my wife's Acura-that saved us about $1000.00 I dont know. Oh, shooting accurately at 300 yards. That's pretty badass. Bench pressing 315 lbs. That was a lot for me. Or going back to college and getting remarried after my first wife left me. That was pretty badass.
  • alliemarie77
    alliemarie77 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    You are truly a badass!

• aelphabawest
    aelphabawest Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • sunman00
    sunman00 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    pulled my son out dead underwater in a swimming pool & gave him CPR for what felt like eternity until he gave a little cough & opened his eyes,
    all very by the book & under control, but when he was ok I cried for about an hour