Halloween Candy? Yes or No?

Options
123457»

Replies

• MandyMason7
    MandyMason7 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I have no need to sneak food, I eat what I want in moderation and yes, I've had several pieces of candy this week and I've enjoyed them all.
  • cyoka13
    cyoka13 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Oh boy...Just take a look at today's diary. Coffee, chocolate and Mexican.

And I almost forgot the beer....
  • wassergottin
    wassergottin Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Yes! I generally save at least 100 calories a day for chocolate. Since Thursday, I've been eating around 600 calories of candy, but I know I'll get tired of it soon enough. As long as I stay in my daily goal, I'm good.
  • CEMH1
    CEMH1 Posts: 33
    Options
    My issue is definitely chocolate. I've become a chocolate snob, so it helps if you can imagine. All that Halloween candy doesn't cut it. If it isn't dark chocolate and Lindt or other high quality chocolate, I feel the taste just isn't worth the calories. Now give me a couple squares of Lindt chocolate and I'm not hiding anything... just making sure I can fit it into my calorie intake for the day.
  • health1971
    Options
    Not sneaking - going to eat it right out in public and ENJOY it!!

^^^ WHAT SHE SAID ^^^
  • health1971
    Options
    Are you sneaking a piece of candy this year?

If yes, what are you looking forward to?

If no, why not? It's Halloween! :)

I had 1 fun size snickers. Yes, it is 80 calories...but Snickers satisfies! Lol.

if by sneaking you mean sitting on the couch in my underwear with a pile of it in my lap eating them hand over hand....then yes.

if by sneaking you mean hiding in a bathroom to savor a fun size piece of candy or a single smarty...then you have a sour relationship with food and you need help.

ETA: looking forward to mounds, reeses, kitkats, babyruths, fastbreaks, and peanut m&ms.
    you had ONE?!?! *gasp* you REBEL!

This is one of the many reasons why I :heart: skullshank.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: LMFAO :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Wetterdew
    Wetterdew Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I pretty much always have two kit kats per day. On Halloween, I just didn't have to buy them myself.
  • chel325
    chel325 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I had half a fun size snickers and realized it didn't even taste that good for it to be 91 calories, not worth it and threw the rest away.

When I'm in my HIIT class I just think of how I'm only working off a single burger, it's crazy. I'd rather not have to do an extra hour just for some candy.
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    I had half a fun size snickers and realized it didn't even taste that good for it to be 91 calories, not worth it and threw the rest away.

When I'm in my HIIT class I just think of how I'm only working off a single burger, it's crazy. I'd rather not have to do an extra hour just for some candy.

Your calorie budget must be tiny if you can't fit a single piece of candy in it. That gives me the sads
  • Vex3521
    Vex3521 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Yep. I don't eliminate totally and just moderate to compensate for the "bad" things. It's easier for me to just give in a little since saying no all the time sets me up for a binge. Granted I'm not a huge sweet tooth type so candy is easier to limit... pasta on the other hand lol that gets ruled with more iron fist!
  • chel325
    chel325 Posts: 199 Member
    Options

Your calorie budget must be tiny if you can't fit a single piece of candy in it. That gives me the sads
    No, it's 1400. I could fit it in as I usually don't make it to 1400 by the end of the day, I just didn't think the candy tasted good enough for it to be 91 calories and threw it away. If it was a nice piece of swiss dark chocolate I'd be all over it :P

I believe my tastes have changed since eating healthy.