WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2013

Options

Replies

• yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Well, it's almost the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month and I am grateful to all those who served their country; especially those who made the ultimate sacrifice and to their families. DH served in both the Army and the Navy for a total of 27yrs. My uncle served in WW2, my cousin as a Dr. in Korea, and of course I knew boys killed in Viet Nam. Many thanks to all of them, their families, and everyone who takes a minute to give them a kind thought. Thanks for posting "In Flanders Fields" Barbie; think I learned it in 1st grade and it's certainly stayed with me all these years and still brings a tear.........that poem and the song "The White Cliffs of Dover".

DD has taken some advice...........she's dropped 2 of her tutoring shifts and apparently has been in communication with the microbiology prof. Hopefully things will even out there. She had a major statistics test today, so , fingers crossed, but that should be no problem (if she wasn't so stressed over the other). But she's always taken on too much..........this is senior year (should be fun, in my opinion), she already has enough credits to graduate with degrees in two majors, so instead of easing off, what does she do?...spring semester she's booked 19 credits........says she wants to take all she can while she can. Believe me, I know there are people who don't even see a problem here, but she is just too "driven" and someday it's going to catch up with her healthwise, she already has the migraines. Sometimes I wonder if she is the proverbial "baby switched at birth". Thanks to everyone for their input and sharing their own experiences with this sort of thing.

Dee Dee.....always nice to see you, I miss you! Hope you are completely recovered by now.

Hello to all, welcome newbies!!!

Need to make some of those begging phone calls to businesses again in followup of the info packets I gave out for the 5K to benefit he childrens equine therapy program...........so far, maybe 4 of 20 came through.........but will keep at it. Just color me persistent!!!!

yanniejannie
  • meyllisa
    meyllisa Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hello Ladies, just back from a rememberance day service so nice to have that ability to do so. We have 3 bil that are retired from 30 yrs plus and fil that was in ww2 now have a nephew in active service he has seen too much for his young years!
    So thank you to all past present and future veterans.

Have been trying to keep up with everyone, some of you are regular whirlwinds of activity, good for you
    Best wishes going to all who are not well and going through surgeries and tests ect. Hugs and prayers for good outcomes.

I have hit a bump in the road to weightloss where you loose and gain the same 2 sometimes 3 pounds so have started the dreaded
    More water routine, always loose some then because of the constant walks to the bathroom, get my steps however they come!

Welcome to all newcomers best place for love laughs tears and encoragement on this journey in whats called life in a womens world

Best wishes to all have a great week
    Juanita in sudbury
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    It is foggy this morning but will likely be sunny in a bit. I’m hoping to enjoy the day. DH is cooking breakfast, and I need to help him eat it. Be sure to count your calories, log your food, and move your body if you can. Have a great day!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Sylvia: Congratulations on the loss. I’m glad to hear you’re feeling better and that your husband wants to eat healthier, too. One of my best assets in this journey has been that DH is doing it with me. We cheer each other on and are BOTH getting healthier. :flowerforyou:

Smwert: Keep a light heart. One gained pound is most likely water weight. You’re smart to stay vigilant about logging your food. We regularly weigh and measure our portions to keep them from inflating over time, and we’ve been practicing portion control for over a year. I expect the food scale will get a work out and be replaced when it gives up to old age. We haven’t even needed to change batteries yet, so that will be a long time away. It is too bad you have to wait so long for your surgery. That much time to worry is a tough thing. I’m sorry to have forgotten what you’re having done. :flowerforyou:

Pat (Phoo): I am relieved that your little lady will be getting help. You were right to worry about her and I’d call you one of her Guardian Angels.:flowerforyou:

Barbie: Thanks for posting Flanders Field. Diana Nyad is an amazing woman and role model for all of us who are “of a certain age.” I like her “find a way” mantra. It is worth adopting. Let us know how the chiropractor visit goes. :flowerforyou:

Joyce: I’m glad you’re doing okay without the meds they’ve restricted. Maybe you don’t really need some of them.:flowerforyou:

JB: Thanks for your service. I hope the dinner was enjoyable. Joyce was a big help to me when while I was dealing with a husband who refused conventional MS treatment. He is finally getting help and the medicine has made a huge difference to his quality of life. Don’t be afraid to trust her advice. And don’t be afraid of cost. There are programs out there that help with it when necessary. One more thing, RRMS is relapsing /remitting. (There are bad times and times the symptoms reduce or go away.) There is no treatment for the other kind, so DH’s doctor is of the opinion it should be ignored as a diagnosis and treatment should be tried.:flowerforyou:

DrKatiebug: I’m happy you had a wonderful and relaxing day.:flowerforyou:

Amimika: Walking away from a dessert table because you realize nothing appeals to you is a HUGE NSV. Congratulations.:flowerforyou:

Alicia: Welcome back.:flowerforyou:

Grandmallie: Congratulations on the weight loss. “Hot diggity dog” was one of my mom’s favorite expressions. Thanks for the happy reminder of her. :flowerforyou:

KookyK9’s: Welcome back. I’ve never had a fitbit and use a timer to calculate my calorie burn. It works, too.:flowerforyou:

Michele: I haven’t heard from my son for a different reason than your situation. He is in the military and deployed. Sometimes you have to turn your worries over to God because you are not able to protect your child yourself. Hugs and good luck. :flowerforyou:

BJ: Good luck dealing with students who are disappointed. Do you have an alternative way for them to work on showing mastery of the topic? :flowerforyou:

Yanniejannie: Give your DH my thanks for his service. :flowerforyou:

Barbie: Be sure to let us know what your Chiropractor says about retuning to your regular activities. I hope you get the green light to do at least SOME of your usual and enjoyable things. :flowerforyou:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

November goals:
    1. Log every bite
    2. Focus on fitness: cardio and strength every week
    3. Drink 3 or more glasses of water daily
  • Alicia7519
    Options
    Bump--I will be back tonight. :)
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,979 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Linda from Severn Bridge, I just came back from the chiropractor and she really emphasized drinking a lot of water…..I’ve been doing that for years but it took a lot of focus on my part to make it a regular behaviour…..a woman on this thread suggested keeping a pad of paper on the counter in plain sight and putting a tally mark for every 8 ounce glass of water…..I started doing that four years ago and still do it..I don’t have a fitbit, but I have an awesome pedometer that I put in my pocket as soon as I get dressed in the morning and carry it all day….it motivates me to walk whenever I have the chance.

:flowerforyou: Michele, there’s a belly dance class at the Senior Center and the women in the class are my age and older and not necessarily thin but they have a great time…….I don’t log food in my head because it doesn’t work for me………occasionally I have a day when I don’t log my food and I notice that I’ll add an extra bit or something extra because I’m not writing it down……I’ve learned from all of you to find what works for me and stick to it, no matter what anyone else is doing…..I could never make all the sweet treats that you do, but it works great for you.

:flowerforyou: BJ, no snow here yet, but I’m looking forward to it.

:flowerforyou: Katla, my back, neck, hips and one knee were way out of adjustment so the chiropractor spent a lot of time with me. I still don’t feel like going for long walks but I am hopeful that with the adjustment, ice, and heat, the pain will gradually go away…..if not, I’ll go back to see her…..she says walking and dancing are OK but I’m still in some pain so it’s not as much fun as it was.

:bigsmile: Hubby is going out with a friend for awhile this morning so I’ll have the house to myself
    a rare event and I plan to enjoy the time.

:heart: Barbie from cool and grey NW Washington

2506167m2q75z4kbu.gif
  • RebelRenny
    RebelRenny Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    :smile: I am finally down the 2 lbs I had re-acquired over the last month. I think the jazzercise is helping, Yay!

We are having our little toddler GS over. He slept till 8AM this morning. But I kept waking up wondering if I heard him :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Funny is that, isn't it. Always on the alert when those little ones are around. We love him so much. So today will be a toddler focused day. What else can an Oma do. Not that much. :tongue:

:drinker: I am grateful for freedom, and remembering those who fought to protect it.

:heart: Renny
    Vancouver Island, BC
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Happy Veterans day to all that served or are serving.My son was in the army in 2002.He was deployed to Afghanistan.It was a rough tim
    I am so proud of him.
    hugs:heart: jane
  • Kalley1959
    Kalley1959 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Another Monday, but at least the boss is out on the road so it makes for a nice quiet day. I enjoy days like this when I'm alone in the office. I can get my work done and some of his too.
    I think going to the Y after work is now a habit that I look forward to. Tonight is strength training. I bought a little notebook so I can write down what machines, how many reps and what weight so I can keep track of my progress. It might be time to increase my time on the bike too, maybe 60 min instead of 45. I think I'm ready for that.

Anamika – wow, what a great NSV. I’m not a sweet eater but give me some salty snacks and I am not so sure I could pass them up.
    Alicia – I’m so sorry about your furbaby, they are part of our families and become part of our hearts. You certainly have had some chaotic months. It will make it easier having both you & your DH on the same path.

Grandmallie – woohoo the scale is moving in the right direction! Persistence has done it for you. Those plateaus are killers. :grumble:

Heather – sorry to hear your back isn’t up to par, so it’s good you are taking care of yourself.

Linda – Patience & persistence and the scale moves again. YAY for the 2lb loss and the loss of inches. I’m with you on the fitbit, I get so attached to the little thing. It does encourage me to walk more.

Michele – I wish I had some words of wisdom for you in regards to Bryan. I just know that going through a period of time when I didn’t even know where my DS was and some nights he slept on the street almost killed me. I gave him his space, I loved him no matter what and he finally came around. It’s a slow process but now he calls me all the time esp if he needs something :wink: Bryan will come around again, just keep on loving him and letting him know you are there for him & his new bride. You are doing great.

Sylvia – YAY congrats on the loss, isn't it wonderful when we realize that we have done better then we thought? Doing the skinny dance with you :flowerforyou:

Barbie – I’m very impressed that you are taking care of yourself after your fall. It’s a hard thing for us to do. I pray that your healing continues and that you are back walking the dogs soon.

Yanniejannie – I hope the test went well for your DD. Oh how we worry over our kids.

Juanita – I hear you on the drinking more water. I swear more comes out then I drink esp at night. :laugh:

Renny – congrats on the loss, yay. :flowerforyou:

Well gotta get back to work. Have a great day everyone!

:heart: Sandy from ON
  • phoo513
    phoo513 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday and Blessing on all who have served and protected us so we can have happy days. Thank you.

I am a lazy girl today, I slept until almost 9:30. What that really means is that my cat is a lazy cat today and LET me sleep until almost 9:30. Don't know why, but he usually has us out of bed and headed for his food bowl by 7 a.m. I am just glad that today he let me sleep. Now, while he gets the rest of his sleep in, I might have enough energy to get some stuff done around here.

I am still trying to get the gift card holders done for the craft fair at church this weekend, so I do have my work lined up to do. It should be a fun project, I don't understand why I am dragging my feet about it.

Joyce- Water, lots and lots of water! Try the warmed lemon water, that should help w/ your tummy. .

JB- Thank you for your service to our country:flowerforyou: . Your sister is very blessed to have you care for her. Prayers that they will get the meds that will help stabilize her flare ups.

Anamika- Congratulations for reaching the point where you know that the sweets just really aren't as good as staying on program! That's wonderful!

Alicia- Welcome back! I look forward to getting to know you better. I am so sorry that you had to put one of your babies to sleep; that is so painful to do. Take care and be well.

Grandmallie- Sorry that you had such a bad night. Take care of that poor heal and baby yourself a little bit today.

Linda- I have to ask: What kinds of dog is that and did you make the sweater? How cute! Congrats on the loss of 2 pounds! Any drop is a good drop!

Michele- I just love following your exercise logs- You are so dedicated and have such a variety of activities, it is awesome.

Sylvia- Congratulations on the weight loss!:flowerforyou: As for our memories, well, if I don't write things down...... ya know what I mean?

Katla- Thank you for your kind words.

Renny- Congrats on losing those 2 lbs! :flowerforyou: Stubborn little devils!

Sandy- I am so impressed with your trips to the Y.:love: That is wonderful. Enjoy your day.

Ok- time to get moving. Take care, have some fun today, and be well!

Pat
  • Kookyk9s
    Kookyk9s Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Linda- I have to ask: What kinds of dog is that and did you make the sweater? How cute! Congrats on the loss of 2 pounds! Any drop is a good drop!

The dog is an Italian greyhound named Rodney - was one year old on Oct 16, 2013. I adopted him from the Hamilton -Burlington Humane Society after seeing him at a flyball tournament with a friend of mine who was fostering him. I think that he was sent to make me laugh which he does every day. He is wearing 4 legged jammies made of double polar fleece that I made for him. He actually has an entire wardrobe of them so I do not have to do laundry every day. You know those boy dogs - aims is not so good all the time and the water pressure is not always consistent so jammies get wet. And no pissy jammies on my bed so he gets changed every day if he likes it or not.

And I do agree - any drop is a good one - I just get impatient when it does not go quicker.
  • kathyszoo
    kathyszoo Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon ladies!

Sorry I have been MIA for so long! School is going good, in fact my algebra final is on Wednesday. We have a new addition-a $5 kitten we adopted from our local shelter last month. They had this adoption special because they were so overcrowded. Well, he ended up getting sick with pneumonia, a collapsed lung, and needed breathing treatments. Long story short, my $5 kitten ended up being about $700 after vet bills and medication, along with one trip to the emergency vet when he had nosebleeds over the weekend! This was a few weeks ago and now he is healthy and into all sorts of mischief! I will definitely try to catch up with all of you here!

Take care, :flowerforyou:

Kathy from IL
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Nov 11th, what I am thankful for. I could say I am thankful for our military as this is the day we all remember the military but I would be thankful for them anyway. My Dad, brother, husband, ex son in law have all served willingly and we owe our freedoms to them. No today I am thankful for friends. I just got back from our monthly lunch with our old nurses club. It was so good to see them again. We know that we have the freedom to say anything, confide in them and just be ourselves. Mostly we talked about our old job experiences, what health care was, and husbands! But there are friends everywhere now. Through the power of the internet we can make friends from all over the world that we may never ever see in our life time yet close enough to them that if we did see them would immediately feel at home with them. Friends know us, they know our hurts, our joys, the little things that make us who we are. They can see us at our worst and best and love us just the same. Our friends are the ones we feel we don't have to dress us, put make up on and be some one we don't feel like being. Friends are chosen by us, sometimes by chance like through the internet common interest others by living next to each other for all our life.

Katla, thank you so much for your vote of confidence. It is my hope that my passion for education continues on even though I can't work any more and evolves into something different as I age. Yes, I am wondering if I need to continue some of these medicines. Time will tell.

Well I need to go over to my diary and figure out how I can enter what I ate today. Our hostess made home made potato soup and chicken salad. Then she had this desert that was kind of like ice cream cake although it was more like a frozen sorbet than cake with a whipped topping type stuff on top. I had a small slice of that and I must say it was good!

Joyce, Indiana
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,799 Member
    Options
    evening chica's~
    such a busy group we are... got over 14,000 steps in and that is because I race walked this morning..
    I got barked at by the office manager today for using my phone for personal use, she said we could change my hours, she was really nasty..
    but it is ok for her and the other girls to be Constantly on there phones...
    you know I thought the girls I work with are better than that, to back stab me, I am not the kind for revenge,nor am I the kind that would say anything nasty to them, from now on I will distance myself from them, not talk about anything,
    and maybe after the first of the year look for a full time position somewhere else..
    I love all the girls ,but i am the one everyone constantly picks on:grumble:
    oh well , will check in in the a.m.
  • texasgal22
    texasgal22 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    hello, hello this Veteran's day is just about to wind down into an evening of Dancing with the Stars. It's been a beautiful day with lots of sunshine but that's going to change for us tomorrow. I'm thinking I am going to have to do some kind of dance routine with the stars tonight to get in some exercise. I really don't like putting it all towards the end of the week as that puts too much stress on me to get it done.

I enjoyed reading everyone's posts about their weekend and good to hear that others made it a peaceful, restful day on Sunday too. I spent too many hours watching Hallmark's Holiday movies - yes, already :smile:

Now I am off to make dinner; did the shopping earlier and I made an extra special effort to walk much faster than normal. Seems like others were doing the same as people were coming at you from all angles. Oh the joy of Walmart shopping :smile:
  • Gardengail
    Gardengail Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    bump....
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Today I am thankful for the veterans in my family, my dad who served during the Korean Conflict and my husband who served in the Air Force during the Vietnam war.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,387 Member
    Options
    Sylvia - what a very nice surprise! There is no way I could log my food in my head, either. I just know that I'd forget something.

Did about 20 minutes of yoga this morning, then held my plank for 2 min 30 sec, then took the extremepump class. On my way to the class I stopped at Lowe's foods to buy what they had on sale. I completely forgot to look for their muffin cups. I'm thinking that they're on sale, hopefully, they'll be on sale again next week.

In about 1-1/2 hour the gals are supposed to be here to watch Downtown Abbey. I got some Skinnhy Pop popcorn mainly because *I* want to try it. I made an apple slice cake, have the coffee ready to plug in and I'll make tea

Had some ladies here to watch the Downtown Abbey shows. Actually, we were supposed to watch episodes 3 & 4, we wound up watching 5 also. That's all that's on this flash drive. Anyway, I'd made this apple cake. You know, I had a little and my stomach said "I don't think so". Right now I'm having an apple and my stomach feels good. Oh, I found the Skinny Pop at Sam's here so I decided to give it a try. It's really quite good. Only thing is that I can only get a large bag of it. Some ladies are supposed to be here for mahjongg later tonight (since the lady who usually has it is having to take care of her mother) so we'll probably have the rest of the popcorn and I have grapes. I'm just leaving the coffee plugged in.

Tomorrow I'll do a spinning downloadable workout. Then I'll take some things to the food pantry and then volunteer at the Green Room. I'm thinkinging that I'll wear a pedometer tomorrow just to see how many steps I can get in while I'm at the Green Room.

Sandy - I'm so glad things worked out for you and your son. It's so hard to let Bryan kow that I'm here for him when I don't even know his address or if he has the same cell phone number. You're right, I have to give it up to God. But it is so hard.

Thank you everyone, for your service to our country.

Pat - I do a lot of different exercises mainly because I get bored easily!

Kathy from IL - good for you getting that kitten! I'm so proud and I know that kitten has a great home. It seems that the less expensive the kitten is initially, the more expensive it is later on. We had that happen with our first cat, then with Lexi (I think they even waived the fee) and she needed special (translation: thousands of dollars) in surgery. Now Bonnie and Clyde cost more initially but so far -- knock wood -- we haven't had any big problems.

Michele in NC
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Hello my vitamin F gems. Today was an annoying day at work LOL. I can’t seem to get anything accomplished because I am putting out so many fires. Today’s issue was an online class that doesn’t seem to be working even though all the settings are correct. *heavy sigh. Oh well.

DD#1 and her BF came over for birthday cake and ice cream last night. That was a lot of fun. We ended up playing UNO until we all about passed out from sleepiness!

Today was pretty dreary and cold. Tonight it will get down to 10 F (-12 ). I’m not quite ready for that yet. I do love winter, but ……oh it needs to stay at least fairly nice for a while. I am grateful for the fact that we will be warm even in the coldest weather…we have a warm house, a good heater, and adequate clothes.

I am also thankful for our service men and women who put themselves in harms way.

Oh one interesting thing from Saturday. We were on our way home, we saw this guy driving the wrong way on the interstate, so we pulled over next to the side divider and followed him while calling the police. We gave half of the license plate, the car description….I thought he was a drunk. Turns out he was on the run from the police, had carjacked the car he was in and lost the police. After we called it in, the cops chased him for nearly 2 hours until he crashed through a fence and ended up in someone’s yard…right by our old house! And no, we didn’t drive on the wrong side!

Bj: I am with you on walking in the cooler weather and the same feelings about the grey November days.

Sylvia: as long as you log in and do anything, it counts.

Sue: sounds like a lovely evening with your friend

Heather: your food choices and menus always sound so wonderful

Joyce: your grandbabies sure do give you a ton of joy, don’t they?

Barbie: I didn’t know you could turn off the daily notifier-thing. How do you do that?

Sandy: you sound like quite the scrapbooker. I need a scrapbook intervention I am so far behind. Such a great weight loss..you must be so proud!

Susan: I love those old movies! TCM had “B” rated horror movies every Thursday during the summer…it was so much fun

Viv: why do you have fireworks?

Tammy welcome to our group!

Tina: lots of people in the water aerobics classes have joint problems and say that’s the only way they can exercise. Give it a try!

Grandmallie: take care of yourself

Katla: I wore my poppy today

Anamika: such a great nsv!!! I’m proud of you!

Alicia welcome back. I’m so sorry about your health problems, but you are on the right track now!

Well ladies, I need to get to bed. I have missed responding to most of you I know and I apologize. I am eternally grateful for all of you. Take care, Meg in BRRRRR-Omaha!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,979 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Meg, you can turn off any or all of the automatic news feed notifiers
    go to "MY HOME", then click on Settings, then click on "Automatic News Feed Updates", then you can uncheck any of the notifiers that you want to. I unchecked most of mine. I can post my own notices when I want to but not have things done automatically.

:heart: Barbie from chilly NW Washington

Revised November Resolutions (with week one updates)
    *use ice, heat, gentle yoga stretches, breathing daily (every day)
    *gradually return to dog walking as my back heals ( a little bit of dog walking but not much, yet)
    *don’t use the step counter as a measure of my daily success (I am getting OK with daily step counts under 5,000)
    *act the way I want to feel (doing great)

“If it’s important to you then you will find a way, if it’s not you’ll find an excuse.”
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,815 Member
    Options
    Good evening! Today I am Thankful for ALL the veterans and all they have done and are doing so that I can live in this country where I am free to worship God!:flowerforyou:
    I am really having a bad time with time flying by. I was off for 4 days and not sure where they went. I did get alot done around the house, but it was back to work today. Update on the house. They were here on Friday and took the porch roof off and finished the siding. But the porch roof is laying in the front yard and the doorbell and porch light are not up. And I was looking at the siding they put up and it must have been stored in grass, It is sooooooo dirty. So early this morning I call the company and ask when they plan to finish and if they plan to clean up. He said they would be here today. Well came home after work and no one had been here alday. So early in the morning I will call again. DH says he is going to dock them for everyday this drags on. I can't believe we have been dealing with this for months. This company was recomended by several people.
    At our CMA meeting acouple weeks ago I was talking with this one lady about giving all my big clothes away and my winter coat. I said I didn't think I would buy one this year as plan to keep losing and by next year be close or at goal. She asked what size I wear now and when I told her she told me she has one I can have that is to small for her. So today she dropped it off at DH work. I am so excited it fits and it is purple!!! My scarf is purple and they look like they were made for each other. I feel so Blessed!

Meg--We get the GI paper, but I understand that the Omaha World Herald owns them. On the days I work (which is atleast 4 days a week) I read the paper at work and the one at the house goes in the recycle box. But I do like the Sunday and Wednesday papers.

Sylvia--:smile: glad all went well with the test and that DH is going with you Friday. Saying prayers for you. Congrates on the weight loss. Puppy sounds like he is very active. Since we got the pug puppy, he is just over a year old, our teacup poodle has perked up. I think it was before we had Sassy and she was 15 years old and she was not real active and Toby is younger and just took after her. Now with Jake he is playing and having fun. Jake is a handful and loves to go for rides and walks. He is strong for a little dog and can get by me to get out the door. He has only been here acouple weeks, but he has made his plance and we love him. I also enjoy garage sales. I do that before I would shop in a store. Our DGD who is 5 loves them also. She will take her little coin bag full of quarters and check out all the baby stuff for her dolls. We have 5 of them here and she has more things then most babies. But she has fun and some of the others play with them also.

Heather--:flowerforyou: Happy 9th Anniversary. Hope you and your friend have a good visit. Friends are the blessings of life.

Renny--:happy: Good for you going to jazzercise. Our church has an exercise class three evenings a week. I called the lady in charge and she told me they do step, weights and different things. It lasts an hour. So since I am off this Thursday want to check it out.

Sandy--:indifferent: Congrates on your weight loss. Your going to the Y everyday is great. You should be so proud of all you have done and the changes you have made. Thanks for sharing about your children. Sounds like they have turned out well. I know growing up they give us times of worry, but in the end they do ok. My DS has grown into a very caring man, sometimes he makes me so mad and then the next minute he will do something so sweet I want to cry. Guess nobody said being a MOM was easy. The Scrapbooks you are making sound neat. They will be something they will have and treasure for years.

Viv-UK-- I feel for the dogs. Mine just hate the fireworks and by the time the week is over they are so strressed out. Getting Toby to go out and do his business is not fun. Not sure how Jake will be this year.

Katla--Your reindeer sounds so cute. I wish I was more crafty. I get ideas, but trying to get them from my mind to something that looks anything like I want is hard. It doesn't happen very often.

Pat--I understand how hard it is to get started. I have a list of things I need to get done, but I can get sidetracked so easy or feel so over whelmed I don't even start. I am trying to take it one thing at a time. So far I have gotten acouple things crossed off. :smile: Glad to hear the doctor is taking care of your friend. She is lucky to have you looking out for her. :sad: Sorry to hear your tooth is giving you so much trouble. I am scared of dentist and almost 5 years ago I had to have all of mine pulled for health reasons. Now I say I never have to go to a dentist again. But since I am losing weight my dentures do not fit well and I have been getting alot of sores. First thing I do when I get home after work is take them out. After I get to goal I will have to get a new set. Until then doing the best I can.

Barbie--Thanks so much for sharing. We have so much to be Thankful to our veterans for. Hope your back is better soon. Sounds like you are doing all you can to take care of yourself. My chiropractor is great. He saved me from having back surgery. A year ago I was in so much pain and had severl of the back injections and they were not working anymore. So DH asked me to give his chiropractor a try before surgery. Well when in 3 months he had me walking and almost pain free. For the last 6 months atleast I have been pain free and long as I go back every month or more if needed I am doing great. I am such a chicken that I was afraid if I went to the chiropractor they would break my back and I would be in a wheelchair the rest of my life.

JB--Hope your sister is doing better.:happy: She Blessed to have a family taking care of her and keeping her home. That does alot for her outlook I am sure. My dad is planning on going home this Thursday. He is really excited and said the other day he was afraid we had put him in the nursing home for the rest of his life. He is doing well and can walk and feed himself and that is what we told him he had to do to go home. He will be on O2 the rest of his life. But from where we were a month ago he is doing great. My sister and I plan to take turns going to visit, She lives 1 1/2 hour away from them I live 4 hours. But mostly want to make sure mom is not doing to much and that he is doing what he can for himself.

Yanniejannie--Hope DD is getting things figured out. Sometimes the hardest thing to do is stand by and watch. I am the one that wants to jump in and fix everything. :smile: I admire you doing all the phone calls to get donations. The last three years I have put together a basket for the New Years baby at the hospital where I work. I remember years ago when the business in town would give the baby all kinds of gifts and they would put the picture on the front page of the paper. Well three years ago a friend and I dicided we would put together a basket and give it to the mom. So I sent out 60 letters and was surprised only a handful responded. But we put together a nice basket. Then we have done it every year since and I firgure I give them all the chance to help and then we make the best we can and I put a Thank you in the paper naming all those who gave. I am not comfortable asking for donations but sending letters works.

Kathy--WOW poor kittly, Sounds like he has been thru alot. He is so lucky to have found a home with such caring people.

grandmakkie--Love your bargin shopping. I don't have alot of luck finding bargins. Usually DH does most the shopping. Being around alot of people make me uncomfortable around alot of people. Know you will never find me out Black Friday shopping. I voluteer to work those hours so someone else can go. :sad: sorry to hear about things at work. It is not easy working with people you can't trust. My boss is real good about stiring things up and then sitting back and watch. Some days are so stressful I just want to cry. On those days I spend alot of time praying. Today my boss tells me some money is missing again, this happened last summer. This time it is right around $100. So I asked if she has any doubts about who did it this time. We have a lady that has done this before. My boss said she knows this person did it, but how to prove it. We do have a large amount of money in my deptment as we have petty cash and pay out that alot. The missing money is money that been in a draw the last year that had been added to over time, with found money or when we had to much money in one of the bags. Anyway it sure makes things tense when you know someone is stealing and she gets away with it.

Tazgirl--I do not know how to make cabbage rolls, but I make a really good soup. I start with a can of spicy V8 and then just add all vegetables I can find. When the carrots are done I then cut up and add a head of cabbage. I love it and from what I can figure it has low calories. Very filling.

Well it is time to think about getting ready for bed, 04:30 comes early and I did not sleep well lastnight. Welcome all the new ones and hope you come back often and get to know us and us to know you. I do think this is the greatest group. I have never found so much support and not judgements. Going to be another cool day tomorrow so keep warm.

Blessed! Vicki GI NE