Post Halloween Horror

Options

Replies

• LuLuChick78
    LuLuChick78 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    BRB...gotta go log my heartburn "burn". I'm thinking somewhere in the 2-4 cals burned area. Opinions?? :laugh:
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I was actually a good girl last night.:blushing: Had a volleyball game, home to 3 pieces of pizza and very little candy.
  • LuLuChick78
    LuLuChick78 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    It's one day of indulgence, just drink plenty of water today and take some heartburn tablets, you'll be fine tomorrow. Also try drinking milk, that tends to help.

Milk? Isn't that for baby cows?

I snorted...lol :laugh:
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    BRB...gotta go log my heartburn "burn". I'm thinking somewhere in the 2-4 cals burned area. Opinions?? :laugh:

Feels like it's gotta be more than that.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    It's one day of indulgence, just drink plenty of water today and take some heartburn tablets, you'll be fine tomorrow. Also try drinking milk, that tends to help.

Yep...plus it will make you fat.

That's the LAST think I want!!!!!

It might make you grow horns too. Cows drink it. Cows grow horns.

SCIENCE!!!

Only the boy cows...so either I am ok or I will grow something else as well!
  • sjohnny
    Options
    I was actually a good girl last night.:blushing: Had a volleyball game, home to 3 pieces of pizza and very little candy.

Doesn't sound like you're taking this journey very seriously.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

I am sure you can spot reduce also that way.
  • sjohnny
    Options

SCIENCE!!!

Hmmmmmm. And with all that lifting you look like you do.......
  • sjohnny
    Options

I am sure you can spot reduce also that way.

Oh good. Finally, something to get rid of my man boobs.
  • CompressedCarbon
    CompressedCarbon Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    The best candy hangover cure is a big bag of Lays potato chips and 20oz of regular soda (no diet soda, that stuff if full of more toxins). Trust me, you will feel better in no time:)

Regular soda has sugar in it. I NEVER eat sugar. Potato chips are made of potatoes and sodium. That's like putting toxins on a toxin.

While it is true that sugar is of the Devil as are potatoes, every once in a while you have to give your regular diet a shock or a break, so that your body will be surprised by the next thing you put into your face. You don't want to plateau, do you? After a day or so of sugar and sodium, you can then return to your regularly scheduled ketone based shakeology drinks and be just fine. I might also suggest ID, intermittant drinking: a bottle of water, then a bottle of something else. I hear that is effective as well.
  • sjohnny
    Options
    My body is a temple. I aint got no time for any o' them Hallowe'en sweeties - didn't partake; ain't suffering!

->righteous glow<-

Meh.

Live fast, die young, leave a good looking corpse.
  • sjohnny
    Options
    The best candy hangover cure is a big bag of Lays potato chips and 20oz of regular soda (no diet soda, that stuff if full of more toxins). Trust me, you will feel better in no time:)

Regular soda has sugar in it. I NEVER eat sugar. Potato chips are made of potatoes and sodium. That's like putting toxins on a toxin.

While it is true that sugar is of the Devil as are potatoes, every once in a while you have to give your regular diet a shock or a break, so that your body will be surprised by the next thing you put into your face. You don't want to plateau, do you? After a day or so of sugar and sodium, you can then return to your regularly scheduled ketone based shakeology drinks and be just fine. I might also suggest ID, intermittant drinking: a bottle of water, then a bottle of something else. I hear that is effective as well.

Is this kind of like muscle confusion?

Colon confusion. Seems like a good idea.
  • IamOnMywayNow
    IamOnMywayNow Posts: 470 Member
    Options

Lies!! I read on the internet that sugar neutralizes acid and potatoes+sodium will absorb the toxins.....................off to find my source.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

SCIENCE!!!

20ian8x.gif
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,671 Member
    Options
    I think I made up for all the weight I haven't been losing anyway last night. Chocolate, freezer pizza, chocolate, beer, chocolate, cake, chocolate, bourbon, and chocolate. This morning I woke up with horrible heartburn.

Two questions:

First: is it the toxins in the candy that are causing my heartburn? And if so how do I get rid of them?

And: Since the word "burn" is part of heartburn should I log calories burned?

Thanks
    :flowerforyou:
    There aren't "toxins" in candy, there's axe cutting elves in them. Heartburn can be caused by anything including OVEREATING and lack of farting.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Whoa! Were you at my house because minus the bourbon and cake, we did the same thing?!
  • sjohnny
    Options

Lies!! I read on the internet that sugar neutralizes acid and potatoes+sodium will absorb the toxins.....................off to find my source.

Bonjour
  • sjohnny
    Options

SCIENCE!!!

20ian8x.gif

I'm afraid the damage is done...... Sorry. :cry:
  • sjohnny
    Options
    I think I made up for all the weight I haven't been losing anyway last night. Chocolate, freezer pizza, chocolate, beer, chocolate, cake, chocolate, bourbon, and chocolate. This morning I woke up with horrible heartburn.

Two questions:

First: is it the toxins in the candy that are causing my heartburn? And if so how do I get rid of them?

And: Since the word "burn" is part of heartburn should I log calories burned?

Thanks
    :flowerforyou:
    There aren't "toxins" in candy. Heartburn can be caused by anything including OVEREATING.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Especially overeating TOXINS. Like those found in candy. And freezer pizza. And cake.
  • sjohnny
    Options
    Whoa! Were you at my house because minus the bourbon and cake, we did the same thing?!

You probably would have had bourbon and cake if I hadn't gotten there first.

Sorry about your bourbon and cake :flowerforyou: