Admit it, you raided your kids' candy

Options
124»

Replies

• adempsey27
    adempsey27 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I totally ate five mini Hershey bars last night when every one was asleep. I told my seven year old to go hide her candy from me. Today while stretching on my kitchen floor the bag of candy was eye level between the counter and island. I yelled at her to go hide it in a better place! I have no self control:( sad but true.
  • adempsey27
    adempsey27 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Lol sad temptation in the form of a peanut allergy?
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    I admit it.
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    I don't have kids and none come to my house so I didn't even buy candy. :/

BUT - I went to a friend's house and raided their "candy to give out" stash! So I stole from other people's kids!

Their candy was kind of lame, though: Tootsie Rolls, Tootsie Pops and Dots. It's probably better for me that way.
  • beckyzalldat
    beckyzalldat Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    guess im no fun...I didn't eat one piece :frown:
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    None. Heck at this point I would love to find a candy to eat. I love candy. But since doc says no HFCS, no dairy, no chocolate, no corn syrup, and no caffeine - I am junk deprived.
  • 1two3four
    1two3four Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I have a small (920 calorie) stash that will last me through until I can get my hands on Christmas candy. It's actually just milk chocolate, I figured if I went for the Dots, Jujubees and the rest of my favorites I'd have less self control over it and I'd be out of candy in a week.

I love those of you that have parent candy taxes, that's brilliant.
  • ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    Not at all :)
    However, I did buy myself some yummy gum to chew on if I think I'm about to lose control :)
  • LisaMarie8713
    Options
    For me it's the Mommy Tax, and they have to surrender some of the good stuff the night of. I sent the rest of it with them to their dads for the weekend, **insert evil laugh** :devil:
  • benefiting
    benefiting Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I don't have to raid it. Several years ago, I enacted a parent tax on the candy. The parent tax is simple: you volunteer 5% of your candy (not just the lame stuff, there'd better be a good selection), OR I come collect it myself plus an additional 5% "audit fee".

Parent tax was on the dining room table this morning before I left for work. :drinker:

Parenting done right. Lol.
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Hell yeah, I exacted my "Daddy Tax"!!!