So...what HAVE you stopped eating?

Options

Replies

• ldressle66
    Options
    I have given up refined sugars completely.

It was hard the first couple of weeks, but now, I just take it one day at a time.

It has given me a calorie deficit - no cupcakes, no candy, no processed foods (most have sugar), no cakes, no puddings, no kind bars (sugar is the second ingredient), no pastries, just say "NO" to sugar.

I feel better most of the time and am feeling the results after a short 40 days...

I may have sugar again some day, just not today and hopefully not tomorrow...
  • lighteningjeanne855
    Options
    I gave up sugar, wheat, corn, rice, potatoes, peanuts, and legumes.
    I am careful with salt, dairy, starchy vegetables, and fruit.
  • susanrechter
    susanrechter Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    For now,
    No red meat.
    No dairy.
    No booze.
    No processed food.
    No breads.
    No sugar.
    No sodies.
    :tongue:
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I haven't completely stopped eating anything, but I've cut down a lot on potato chips, pastries, and candy bars, and I've cut down a little on alcohol.
  • nyankoland
    Options
    snacks pretty much
  • gyrox1992
    gyrox1992 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    YES! I could not agree more with pop tarts. i used to eat those all the time until I saw how many carbs/calories it was for the package. CRAZY
  • CubicalF13
    CubicalF13 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    ive given up
    any fizzy drinks, energy drinks, alcohol, full cream milk, most processed fruit/vege juices and foods made from white flour.

other then those, im still into the sweets when i can fit them into the diet.
  • marise1113
    marise1113 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Fruit juices:drinker:

Table sugar

Starting today - sandwich breads
  • roflskates
    roflskates Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Stopped eating: White bread, potato chips, hash browns, juices / soda , chocolate, candy.
    Also eating less rice and more veggies instead for dinner.
    Also swapped out bacon and other hams for leaner / 97% fat free meats.
  • jillianbeeee
    jillianbeeee Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    diet coke, chips and ice cream. I had a 3-6 can (daily) diet coke addiction, had to stop. Chips. I could eat a whole bag during one episode of my favorite shows and ice cream, hubby had us going to dairy queen 3 times a week! uggg. I do drink a sprite zero a day but hubby still buys them like he did my diet coke! So now I have 4-5 24 packs under my cabinet at a time. LOL he thinks he is being sweet I am trying to start going unprocessed and find I am feeling much better so even the sprite zeros are going to end soon.
  • Huppmanj
    Huppmanj Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I gave up Pepsi. If I crave a carbonated beverage I have a Diet 7-Up or a Ginger Ale.
  • lannabelle
    lannabelle Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    i avoid Chinese Buffet - Mainly because it's hard to track the calories and I don't like it enough to not care about the calories.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Anything labeled reduced fat but that was years ago.
  • j0705
    j0705 Posts: 185
    Options
    just take aways and bread :P
  • StacyReneO
    StacyReneO Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Everything dairy has been the one thing I have managed to stay clear of the last 6 months.
  • j0705
    j0705 Posts: 185
    Options
    i really miss cheeeeeeese!!!!!!!!!
  • emalinemartin
    emalinemartin Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Dairy. Eggs. Meat. Fast food. Sweets.

Everything unhealthy, really. lol

Edit: Oh and pop. That nasty stuff. -_-
  • Sashyteds
    Options
    Biscuits and now if the family are having pizza or takeaway I only have a tiny portion, or sometimes none at all. I still have chocolate but limit myself to one piece so it is easy to work in to my daily allowance. :-)
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    fruit juice
    sugary cocktails & mixed drinks
    shakes (I still have occasional ice cream but not shakes/malts, they are just not worth it at all to me)
    snack cakes
    bagels
    chunks of cheese. I mostly eat small quantities of shredded cheese on other foods instead of snacking on a hunk of cheddar like before
    Chinese food...I do still eat this once in awhile but MUCH smaller portions, like 1/4 the amount I previously ate when ordering takeout
    fried food, for the most part

I also use condiments very sparingly compared to in the past. I don't put butter or margarine on anything, really. I cook or bake with butter maybe 1-2 times per month.

I stopped eating beef, poultry & pork but that was before joining MFP. I'll occasionally have something made with a bit of meat in it like sauces or soups but not often.
  • Sashyteds
    Options
    Diet pepsi and diet cola sure are bad news hey! I started having one glass with the odd takeaway (I figured it was better than all those high calorie sodas they offer) but now I have a glass or two every day. I tried giving it up for a while, but somehow got back onto it. Unfortunately any artificially sweetened beverage is just as bad, so looks like water for me from now on!