1200cal/day really works.

Options

Replies

• Bigjayinga
    Bigjayinga Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I can't believe you have that many people hating on your weight loss. Y'all act like she gain 4 pounds.
    Thank you. And I can see you've lost 165lbs. WAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Thanks, I'm trying.
  • Alisha28
    Alisha28 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    People are just jealous way to go :)
  • candiceh3
    Options
    Ugh. And when she realises next week that she can't continue losing 4 lbs a week... or that her metabolism eventually crashes... or that this is not a sustainable lifestyle... I'm sure yall will be there still cheering her on.

Why not just tell the truth and let the cards fall as they will?

Congrats on losing 3 lbs of water and 1 lb of fat.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I just plugged your numbers into the TDEE calculator and with 1 day a week of exercise your TDEE would be a little over 2000 calories and if you took 20% from that for weight loss then you should be losing eating 1600 calories. Are you weighing and measuring all your food and logging???

Yes am doing that. Every little thing i eat, i log on. I made sure i didnt go over 1200. Don't exercise partly because of the weather here in the UK and also coz there would be no one to look after my babies. If ur keen on trying eating 1200cal, please do. Don't want to sound cliche but it does work. I ate salads, chicken and water most of the time. Drank a cup of coffee a day too. I was surprised myself when i lost 4lbs. Because I had not managed to lose that much in a week before.

You know you can workout INSIDE right? Zumba, pilates, exercise bike, treadmill, 30 day shred.... there are billions of YouTube videos... Fitness blender, Blogilaties.

I'm sure your 18 month olds ARE running around, unless they can't walk at all...ten they are active & you should be just as active. I remember 1200 cal, it was ok... but now I workout INSIDE like crazy every day even with a back injury & can eat as much as I like. (Yeah I really can) and I've kept my weight off for over a year now. I just finished a loaf of fruit bread.... a whole loaf. I also had about 4 coffee today (no sugar cause I dont take it in it) and I'm about to have dinner with some full fat cheese & greek yoghurt.

I doubt I'll be under 2000 cals today. I wont put on weight, but I'm sure not making an excuse to NOT workout & NOT eat properly.
    I don't have to expatiate my reason for not exercising but am sure as hell eating properly. So the "Not eat properly" was just you trying to be what? rude?

You reason for not exercising was winter, I gave you proof you can still do it in winter. Your excuse was nobody to look after your twins, those same ideas means you dont need to have someone look after them.

You do realize that if you workout you get to eat more & you will actually burn more the stronger you get & therefore lose weight easier. That way when you do up you calories (and you will) you won't end up putting on weight.

You are not eating properly if you think 1200 is some magical number that you can sustain for life. Yep for life.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    Options

Sorry I just choked on my coffee. 78lbs in 7 months gone & kept it off for over a year. Jealous of what? :huh:
  • dawniee
    dawniee Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with sticking to low calorie intake for only one week. People do this stuff all the time to bust through plateaus..my dad always told me......OPINIONS ARE LIKE *kitten*....NOBODY LIKES THEM.

I want to encourage you in great job in thinking about doing something different to help jump start your weightloss!!! Your a beautiful momma !
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    OP, congrads on your 4lb drop . The problem a lot of people have is that after one week most of your loss is going to be water rater than fat and weight loss usually drops off very quickly after the first week. you may be doing exercise without increasing it as well. I think people are concerned that others may read your advice and think its the way to go when for most people it isn't .

If you want to have a read of this thread (and the off shoots). If you don't want to then store the link somewhere so you can if you need it sometime later.

Good luck though, hope you get to where you want to be either by using your method or following a different path.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with sticking to low calorie intake for only one week. People do this stuff all the time to bust through plateaus..my dad always told me......OPINIONS ARE LIKE *kitten*....NOBODY LIKES THEM.

I want to encourage you in great job in thinking about doing something different to help jump start your weightloss!!! Your a beautiful momma !

That is not the saying - or even true.

Try again :laugh:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

:noway: I beg to differ.

Also, i thought the saying ended with "...everybody has one, and most of them stink." at least that's how my daddy ended it.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options

OMG i didnt' see you already made my point. you are so succinct in your answers all the time. I gotta learn to do that.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options

OMG i didnt' see you already made my point. you are so succinct in your answers all the time. I gotta learn to do that.

Oh no don't follow my example - apparently succinct means I'm not polite and I'm a meanie :laugh:
  • Alisha28
    Alisha28 Posts: 406 Member
    Options

Sorry I just choked on my coffee. 78lbs in 7 months gone & kept it off for over a year. Jealous of what? :huh:
    Just cause u lost weight doesn't mean your a happy person let her be happy and congrats on your loss that's what everyone should be encouraging :)
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    Options

Just cause u lost weight doesn't mean your a happy person let her be happy and congrats on your loss that's what everyone should be encouraging :)

Not when she's giving the advice that 1200 is "the way to go & everyone must try it". Yep she lost 5lb, great. But when she goes back to eating like a normal person she will find .... nevermind.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options

Oh no don't follow my example - apparently succinct means I'm not polite and I'm a meanie :laugh:

That's right I almost forgot! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :smooched: :smooched: :smooched: :smooched: :heart: :heart: Whew that was close.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options

Jealous BWHAHAHAHAHA that is funny. I have lost mine eating MORE than 1200 and working my butt off. And 4 lbs in a week is SO NOT right. Like said, probably water weight, because any other way is NOT healthy.
  • belindanjumo
    belindanjumo Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Ugh. And when she realises next week that she can't continue losing 4 lbs a week... or that her metabolism eventually crashes... or that this is not a sustainable lifestyle... I'm sure yall will be there still cheering her on.

Why not just tell the truth and let the cards fall as they will?

Congrats on losing 3 lbs of water and 1 lb of fat.

Yea even if its just 1lb of fat and the rest is water, am glad i still lost something! Mscheeeeeeww!
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    What are you going to do when you are done "dieting" and need to go on maintenance? I'm glad you enjoy recreational dieting. It's fun and the cool thing (I know from experience of losing more than 50 pounds six or seven times), is that each time you do the 1200 calorie approach, you get tons of compliments on your quick weight loss. Even better, you get to get the same sense of accomplishment every few years because you have to go on a diet again.
  • MagicalLeopleurodon
    Options
    1200 calories is like....breakfast.

All i can say is thank god i powerlift.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    1200 calories is like....breakfast.

All i can say is thank god i powerlift.

I am so happy for you. Truly. :drinker:
  • belindanjumo
    belindanjumo Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    What are you going to do when you are done "dieting" and need to go on maintenance? I'm glad you enjoy recreational dieting. It's fun and the cool thing (I know from experience of losing more than 50 pounds six or seven times), is that each time you do the 1200 calorie approach, you get tons of compliments on your quick weight loss. Even better, you get to get the same sense of accomplishment every few years because you have to go on a diet again.

Am not in a haste to lose the weight. Am on 1200 because of my lifestyle. when I start exercising, i will up my calories.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!