1200cal/day really works.

Options

Replies

• Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Edited ****
    PS to those who say "I've kept the weight off for x years" eating 1200 for most of the time and splurging a couple days...good for you but I bet if you were to actually weigh your food on a kitchen scale you are eating more then you think...and that is the kicker.

You are here defending your choice when probably in reality you are eating closer to 1600 a day on normal days and closer to 1800-2300 on splurge days...but that being said you wont admit it now or even doube check...

My diary is open, feel free to view my 1200 cal a day foods.

Yup I did and I was right in your particular case you don't use a kitchen scale for your food...you use cups and packaged item details....and "measurments" like 1 small...when in fact if you read this thread

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/872212-you-re-probably-eating-more-than-you-think

or this one from another person just recently who is a "common" user who didn't weigh her food either until recently...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1135499-eating-more-than-you-think

You will understand my statement better.

Esp considering the TDEE of a sedendary woman who is 5 ft 2 and weights about 138 is appx 1577 to maintain (that is the average daily intake) so if in fact a woman with those stats eats 1200 a day for 4 days (while weighing food to be sure) then she is consuming 2000 the other 3 days.

I probably am close to 2000 on the weekends. Bf and I like to go out to dinner. :D

If you are eating 2000 on the weekends, then you are not even doing what you say you are doing.

Okay. I don't track weekends, I eat mostly what I want but not gorge a whole pizza. More active on weekends too.

But okay.

So basically you are lying about the 1200 calories a day, right. :huh:
  • Shaylyn1986
    Shaylyn1986 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Nope 1200 Mon-Thurs. like I said a billion times. I did 1200 every day for my weight loss. I am maintaining.

I am maintaining.
    I am maintaining.
    I am maintaining.
    I am maintaining.

:)
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    Edited ****
    PS to those who say "I've kept the weight off for x years" eating 1200 for most of the time and splurging a couple days...good for you but I bet if you were to actually weigh your food on a kitchen scale you are eating more then you think...and that is the kicker.

You are here defending your choice when probably in reality you are eating closer to 1600 a day on normal days and closer to 1800-2300 on splurge days...but that being said you wont admit it now or even doube check...

Yup I did and I was right in your particular case you don't use a kitchen scale for your food...you use cups and packaged item details....and "measurments" like 1 small...when in fact if you read this thread

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/872212-you-re-probably-eating-more-than-you-think

or this one from another person just recently who is a "common" user who didn't weigh her food either until recently...

Esp considering the TDEE of a sedendary woman who is 5 ft 2 and weights about 138 is appx 1577 to maintain (that is the average daily intake) so if in fact a woman with those stats eats 1200 a day for 4 days (while weighing food to be sure) then she is consuming 2000 the other 3 days.

I probably am close to 2000 on the weekends. Bf and I like to go out to dinner. :D

If you are eating 2000 on the weekends, then you are not even doing what you say you are doing.

Okay. I don't track weekends, I eat mostly what I want but not gorge a whole pizza. More active on weekends too.

But okay.

Then why are you so vociferously defending a position (1200 calories a day) that you do not even maintain?
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

You got "flamed" because you popped into a success stories thread where people were posting pictures of their successes to tell people that doing crossfit for a couple of weeks gave you man-arms. How did you think it was going to go?

Light bulb moment...wondered why she thought I hated her...she's the right fighter...gotcha...no point in any attempt at education

on that point I might ask...

so in the evenings is it a game you play or Grad school that keeps you busy????? sort of conflicting info in previous posts....

and I agree on the "baiting".

Last point to make....no one "has" to eat 1200 cal a day and lose weight...if they choose to it comes with consequences...be prepared for that if you choose to do so even after seeing all these people tell you it's not necessary...yes it will come off quick at first but it wont stay off and you will most likely lose valuable LBM in the process and not have the ending body and/or weight you want.

And I am out...no reason to fight with a right fighter..I would rather respond where I know I can make a difference.

ETA:
    kk now I am out
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    Nope 1200 Mon-Thurs. like I said a billion times. I did 1200 every day for my weight loss. I am maintaining.

I am maintaining.
    I am maintaining.
    I am maintaining.
    I am maintaining.

then i retract my previous post
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

I am maintaining.
    I am maintaining.
    I am maintaining.
    I am maintaining.

actual no you don't weigh your food you don't really know what you are consuming as I said I suspect more like 1400-1600
  • Shaylyn1986
    Options

You got "flamed" because you popped into a success stories thread where people were posting pictures of their successes to tell people that doing crossfit for a couple of weeks gave you man-arms. How did you think it was going to go?

Light bulb moment...wondered why she thought I hated her...she's the right fighter...gotcha...no point in any attempt at education

on that point I might ask...

so in the evenings is it a game you play or Grad school that keeps you busy????? sort of conflicting info in previous posts....

and I agree on the "baiting".

Last point to make....no one "has" to eat 1200 cal a day and lose weight...if they choose to it comes with consequences...be prepared for that if you choose to do so even after seeing all these people tell you it's not necessary...yes it will come off quick at first but it wont stay off and you will most likely lose valuable LBM in the process and not have the ending body and/or weight you want.

And I am out...no reason to fight with a right fighter..I would rather respond where I know I can make a difference.

ETA:
    kk now I am out

Grad school just ended for me but it was a lot of time after work. So now it's the game.
  • Shaylyn1986
    Options
    Edited ****

But okay.

Then why are you so vociferously defending a position (1200 calories a day) that you do not even maintain?

because I did it for 6 months to lose the weight which is what the OP is trying to do as well.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    you are ignoring this user

i wonder who this is, lol.
  • Shaylyn1986
    Options

Who cares?
  • kyleekay10
    kyleekay10 Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options

Who cares?

lol'd at the fact that you replied to her, knowing she can't see your posts.
  • Shaylyn1986
    Options

Who cares?

lol'd at the fact that you replied to her, knowing she can't see your posts.

Figured why not. ^.^
  • kyleekay10
    Options
    Ok, anyway. In addition to my post up there.

Eating less than what your body needs to function in a HEALTHY way is bad, mmmkay. Doesn't matter if that number is 1,200 or 1,700.

If you're going to eat 1200/day at least do it right and carefully plan your macros so that you are not losing muscle mass, and so that you get all the nutrients you need. And then take the time to realize that for MOST people 1200/day is not sustainable for life.

That's all I've got.
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    It "really" does not work! Not for most people. I would get depressed , hungry and eat everything in sight after 2 days, because i am losing weight for "Me" and if i am not happy, i will go back to my old ways or even worse. I get a lot of cravings and 1200 calorie can nowhere near satisfy them!
    I eat 1700 on average(maybe more, i am not sure as i eat different amount everyday based on exercise) and i am still hungry after that. so at 1200 i would be miserable. My happiness and state of mind is more important to "Me" than losing a few pounds. I would rather be happy and fat than miserable and Skinny.
  • Serah87
    Options
    Edited ****

But okay.

because I did it for 6 months to lose the weight which is what the OP is trying to do as well.

Looked backed on your food diary, back when you said you logged 1200 calories to lose weight. Most of the time you didn't log and when you did, you only averaged 800 calories or less a day and only a few times you actually hit 1200 calories. :huh:
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options

Eating less than what your body needs to function in a HEALTHY way is bad, mmmkay. Doesn't matter if that number is 1,200 or 1,700.

If you're going to eat 1200/day at least do it right and carefully plan your macros so that you are not losing muscle mass, and so that you get all the nutrients you need. And then take the time to realize that for MOST people 1200/day is not sustainable for life.

That's all I've got.

bth_buffywillowtacklehug_zps71b4018f.gif
  • Shaylyn1986
    Options
    Used the fit bit site and mfp.
  • kyleekay10
    Options

That's all I've got.

bth_buffywillowtacklehug_zps71b4018f.gif

:heart: :flowerforyou:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    If I have pre-logged a 668 calorie day for today that takes up 6 meals do I win this thread?

(...does that fact change if ate 3221 calories yesterday and today's cal deficit is to make up for that combined with a deficit the day prior? My diary is only open to my friends feel free to friend or unfriend me as the case may be.)
  • Serah87
    Options
    Used the fit bit site and mfp.

Your stories keep changing.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!