Calories in calories out

Options

Replies

• FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    No. Everyone's metabolism is basically the same, with some variation for thyroid baseline which varies no more than 50% percent.
    Obese people should realize that their problem arises from LEARNED BEHAVIOR, and act accordingly.
    The KEY to weight loss is being honest with yourself.

lol everyone metabolism is basically the same....Oh you people on these sites with your same spoon fed generic information. Don't eat bananas either because fruit sugar is EVILLLLL mahahahahaha. What you people believe on these calorie sites is laughable. At least caloriecounter.com doesn't have a whole forum of desperate single people trying to date each other...

ITT RATE THE PERSON ABOVE YOU

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Sad, like isn't there a fat people meet.com or something?

1/10 - would not bang.
  • Rawfoodsho
    Options
    Actually when I was in highschool all the way up till about 22 I was the typical 5'8 125 pound girl, I lived off soda, fast food and did nothing but play video games, I didn't start gaining weight until about 22, I went to the doctor and they told me I had a nodule on my thyroid that killed my metabolism. SO I use to sit in my room eating chips, candy, taco bell JUNK all day until like 3am, not to mention I drank a 12 pack of soda a day since like 12. I didn't gain weight UNTIL some random medical **** happened. So I actually lived most of my life able to eat whatever I wanted with out gaining. Nothing that I ate, EVER effected my body until I was about 22 and gained 60 pounds in one year. When I was 17 I used to sit in my room, drinking soda, eating bubble jug, playing video games, and I couldn't gain an ounce. When I gained 60 pounds my doctor was straight up like "Ohhhh we need to check your thyroid levels something is wrong with you". Granted I stopped my ****ting eating habits a few years later. But I lived my whole life until about 22 skinny as hell and able to eat anything I wanted.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    OP seems awfully familiar...fo shosho

buddy?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Actually when I was in highschool all the way up till about 22 I was the typical 5'8 125 pound girl, I lived off soda, fast food and did nothing but play video games, I didn't start gaining weight until about 22, I went to the doctor and they told me I had a nodule on my thyroid that killed my metabolism. SO I use to sit in my room eating chips, candy, taco bell JUNK all day until like 3am, not to mention I drank a 12 pack of soda a day since like 12. I didn't gain weight UNTIL some random medical **** happened. So I actually lived most of my life able to eat whatever I wanted with out gaining. Nothing that I ate, EVER effected my body until I was about 22 and gained 60 pounds in one year. When I was 17 I used to sit in my room, drinking soda, eating bubble jug, playing video games, and I couldn't gain an ounce. When I gained 60 pounds my doctor was straight up like "Ohhhh we need to check your thyroid levels something is wrong with you". Granted I stopped my ****ting eating habits a few years later. But I lived my whole life until about 22 skinny as hell and able to eat anything I wanted.

obviously the laws of math and thermodynamics do not apply to you OP; perhaps you and your "friends" live in an alternate universe where these things work in reverse....
  • Rawfoodsho
    Options

obviously the laws of math and thermodynamics do not apply to you OP; perhaps you and your "friends" live in an alternate universe where these things work in reverse....

I did it first hand almost my whole life until I developed a thyroid problem. I use to drink a 12 pack a day of soda and went weeks with out drinking water or eating vegetables. Yet I stayed thin until my 20s. How many people dont change their eating habits and then at like 25 get huge and fat? And they are like "but I have always eaten this way" thats because its way more about your body and metabolism then calories. I ate the same at 16 that I did at 22 yet I gained nothing as a teenager I gained NOTHING until I hit a medical issue, once I got on medication it was fixed and the weight came off some. Also I know teens are typically hyper active, thats why I pointed out that I was a lazy teen that sat in their room doing nothing. Because I was NEVER active, always ate junk and STAYED skinny until I was in my 20s
  • samammay
    samammay Posts: 468
    Options
    People who think they know what they are talking about ALWAYS bring up thermodynamics

Dude - its a friggin LAW of Physics. They bring it up because it cannot be disproved because its A LAW OF PHYSICS
  • Rawfoodsho
    Options
    People who think they know what they are talking about ALWAYS bring up thermodynamics

Dude - its a friggin LAW of Physics. They bring it up because it cannot be disproved because its A LAW OF PHYSICS

It has already been long disproven
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

Sucks to be you.
  • samammay
    Options

It has already been long disproven

Im curious... does it hurt to be as ignorant as you appear to be? I mean physically?

You are trying to tell me that the laws of physics have been disproved by your friends who eat all the time and dont gain weight?
  • samammay
    Options

Yes they went from "Yes it works a 100% of the time" to "oh well yeah there is a few health problems that can cause it to not work" Uh news flash. THAT MAKES it NOT 100%.

No - it still works 100% of the time. The difference with the medical issue folk is that the number of calories burned is different than the mainstream. If they were to burn more than their intake they would still lose weight. That number just appears to be different for them. Its still 100%.
  • VoodooAborisha
    VoodooAborisha Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I used to eat 5 huge meals a day, including fried chicken and mashed potatoes and two burgers plus fries and milkshakes and and Dairy Queen and all kinds of horrible things and was a size 4, and now I eat about a third of that, in respect to both quantity and calories, and am a size 12. My exercise level was approximately the same at size 4 as it is now. It is definitely not simply calories in, calories out.
  • samammay
    Options
    I used to eat 5 huge meals a day, including fried chicken and mashed potatoes and two burgers plus fries and milkshakes and and Dairy Queen and all kinds of horrible things and was a size 4, and now I eat about a third of that, in respect to both quantity and calories, and am a size 12. My exercise level was approximately the same at size 4 as it is now. It is definitely not simply calories in, calories out.

It really is. As we get older, our bodies burn less calories to perform the same actions. So when you were 20 it took you 3000 calories to get through a day of activity where at 40 it might only take 2000. If you have the same amount of fuel, that extra fuel has to be used somewhere (you can neither create or destroy energy) so it gets stored in Human Fuel Cells (fat).
  • DanIsACyclingFool
    DanIsACyclingFool Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    creationsimmfp_zpsdbe02a42.jpg
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    I am curious as to what the OPs explanation is then as to why these people maintain their weight. If you genuinely don't believe in proven science and calories in vs calories out, then what exactly do you think happens to the apparently 'extra' calories the skinny person is eating? Or what is your theory on why your larger friend cannot lose weight? I would genuinely like to know.

I'd also like to add, just because you live with someone does not mean you know exactly what they are eating. At the height of my binging issues, I used to tell my partner I was going to the shops to get milk, come back with 5 chocolate bars stuffed in my pocket and eat them in the toilet.

If anorexics can hide their eating disorder from their loved ones, binge eaters sure can too.
  • samammay
    Options
    I am curious as to what the OPs explanation is then as to why these people maintain their weight. If you genuinely don't believe in proven science and calories in vs calories out, then what exactly do you think happens to the apparently 'extra' calories the skinny person is eating? Or what is your theory on why your larger friend cannot lose weight? I would genuinely like to know.

I'd also like to add, just because you live with someone does not mean you know exactly what they are eating. At the height of my binging issues, I used to tell my partner I was going to the shops to get milk, come back with 5 chocolate bars stuffed in my pocket and eat them in the toilet.

If anorexics can hide their eating disorder from their loved ones, binge eaters sure can too.

Maybe skinny girl poops more than the rest of us...

ETA: wait no... thats still calories out.
  • YoungIronG
    YoungIronG Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    LOTS of people sneak and eat. especially emotional eaters.
    i used to be one of thoses people.
    you dont know what they are eating before they get to work, during lunch, and before they get home.

you cant assume what they are telling you is true...
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I can't believe this is going on still. Just for a good giggle, I'll bump this in order to do my part to get this to a part 2. I need something more entertaining to do today than actual work :tongue:
  • Gkfrkv
    Gkfrkv Posts: 120
    Options
    lol at everyone acting like they haven't had a close relative or friend that ate crap all day long, sat around and never gained a pound. Well clearly it can be reversed.

These folks usually started with a slightly higher than expected metabolism, they retained their LBM by not actually sitting as much as you would think, and when they do eat more in excess their metabolism is more willing to rev up to burn it and body is less efficient at dealing with the food, because it's a plenty.

You can leave the crap and healthy food aspect out of it. They may cause other stress with mineral or vitamin deficiencies, but in general doesn't matter.

And yes you can easily reverse the person sitting around skinning to being moving around and big, slowly over time.

Sadly the person that allowed themselves to get overweight and has always been doing some sort of diet and exercise routine, has likely lost LBM, and their metabolism isn't what it could be anyway, so they would have to eat even less than expected to actually lose weight.

And they will likely NOT be able to reverse that down the road, even at maintenance. They'll always have to eat less than their skinny friend that was always that way.

So because their lbm is damaged the calories in calories out will not 100% work for them?

No. It's still calories in calories out, they just have fewer calories out then other people.
  • YesIAm17
    YesIAm17 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Yes they went from "Yes it works a 100% of the time" to "oh well yeah there is a few health problems that can cause it to not work" Uh news flash. THAT MAKES it NOT 100%.

That'd be great for you, and true... if we had any evidence at all that there were any actual cases wherein it wouldn't work.
  • YesIAm17
    YesIAm17 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I did it first hand almost my whole life until I developed a thyroid problem. I use to drink a 12 pack a day of soda and went weeks with out drinking water or eating vegetables. Yet I stayed thin until my 20s. How many people dont change their eating habits and then at like 25 get huge and fat? And they are like "but I have always eaten this way" thats because its way more about your body and metabolism then calories. I ate the same at 16 that I did at 22 yet I gained nothing as a teenager I gained NOTHING until I hit a medical issue, once I got on medication it was fixed and the weight came off some. Also I know teens are typically hyper active, thats why I pointed out that I was a lazy teen that sat in their room doing nothing. Because I was NEVER active, always ate junk and STAYED skinny until I was in my 20s

It doesn't matter what you say or want to believe, if you did not gain you were not in a calorie surplus, period. If you say "because its way more about your body and metabolism" the ONLY way that can be true and you not gain weight is if your body/metabolism is burning off/using what you are consuming, in other words CICO.
This discussion has been closed.