How are you going to avoid holiday binging?

Options

Replies

• Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    I'm not ;-)
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I am going to lose weight this holiday season!!!!
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I plan on avoiding "binging" by eating what anything I want in the first place.
  • ktsimons
    ktsimons Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I am overweight specifically due to a binge mentatlity, I will literally eat until I feel sick. It is a bit disgusting and I have a very difficult time with it during the holidays. If the food is not there, i don't crave it and I will not eat it, but once it is in the house it seems to be fair game. I do believe that one holiday meal isn't going to set me back, but the leftovers WILL!!

The person who said it is a HoliDAY, not a HoliWEEK might hold the key to my success this year. I believe I will adopt this attitude and throw in a few extra long workouts during the week and see if I can manage mind over matter this year...
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    I usually zigzag my cals so that helps a bit- just try to account for the days you know you'll be over by being under a few days that week. I'm also planning on working out hardcore before and after- not only does that give me extra cals to work with but sometimes it also makes me not want to indulge too badly just so I don't completely negate what I did.

Always open to more suggestions though!
  • ncahill77
    ncahill77 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I intend to embrace Holiday binging!
  • Followingsea
    Followingsea Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    logging relentlessly and cutting a steeper deficit into days surrounding a binge, p much
  • LuLuChick78
    LuLuChick78 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    By declining all invitations as I do each year. I catch up with family and friends after January 1st

That sounds a bit extreme, don't you think?!? Sounds like a sad holiday season for no good reason...
  • perfect_storm
    perfect_storm Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    As mentioned portion control, I plan on staying away from sweets tho, cause I actually do not care for them my weakness is real food. So I portion wisely. No need to over do it you do not have to go away from the table feeling like the stuffed turkey.
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    Last night, I went to a friend's house. I did nothing but NUM UM UM. It was not even a holiday. But when you are having fun with friends and the food is right in your face. Everyone is snacking on something. What can I do? :drinker:

I don't have moderation/self control skills. I eat first so I'm not hungry at all (and keep that to myself). Then I eat something small and take forever to eat it.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I always assume I'll overeat on holidays or parties or other occasions. I don't binge (as in out of control eating) though. I just enjoy myself. It's usually alcohol that puts me as much (or more) than food. How much I go over is usually controlled by how long it's been since I did it last. Through Nov - Dec, there are so many parties and occasions that I usually gain weight. About 7 lbs on average. A good deal of it is water weight and goes quickly in Jan, but it's usually all gone by mid-Feb.

My goal is to not gain this year. But I'll just have to exercise more, because I love parties.
  • supra_driven
    supra_driven Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I started intermittent fasting, so that means that I will use the holidays as a cheat day. I just have to move my eating window from the AM to the PM hours. It will be easy as cake!
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Last night, I went to a friend's house. I did nothing but NUM UM UM. It was not even a holiday. But when you are having fun with friends and the food is right in your face. Everyone is snacking on something. What can I do? :drinker:

I avoid overconsumption when it's NOT a holiday, so I don't really have to think about avoiding it on holidays.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    I plan to overconsume myself, and looking forward to it.
  • JulesAlloggio
    JulesAlloggio Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I think if you stick within moderation, then you should be fine.

I don't understand why you would work so hard and then blow it on holiday food??? just seems pointless
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
  • hananah89
    hananah89 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I'm running an 8k on Thanksgiving morning.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    I don't avoid it. I realize that those days are maybe two percent of my total diet, that what I do in aggregate is what matters, and then I enjoy it.
  • LvLite
    LvLite Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I am planning on bringing some healthy but yummy dishes and pre planning my day - how much and what I will have. My health and new lifestyle is too important to me to give myself reasons to binge when I want to look amazing for New Years and beyond.

Turkey trot is also a great motivation. My family typically eats fairly well and we have a tradition of a long Thanksgiving walk and football after dinner
  • ShaSimone
    Options
    I'm just going to stop eating when I feel full. And then have pie and cake later on when I feel hungry. I plan to do a 5K the morning of Thanksgiving.