True Male Beauty!

Options

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I think this thread goes to prove one major point on my part.

I have no idea how to read women, nor have any idea of what a woman finds attractive.

But still, a hilarious thread.

I cant speak for all women but for me, I find personality and the way a man treats me more attractive than anything. I don't care what the man looks like as long as he takes care of him self... meaning, bathe please... brush your teeth and care about your appearance no matter what size, shape you are. I look for a good heart and a CLEAN body. Just sayin.... :drinker:
    YES, YES, YES to clean!

I did the online dating thing VERY briefly and I met this guy who was really awesome. Good-looking in his photo, smart, interesting, nice, respectful. I mean, he had it all.

Then we met for a date.

He was not quite as attractive as his photo, but whatevs. The problem was he smelled. Bad. And not even BO. More like he hadn't washed his hair or clothes in about five years -- stale and gross. I couldn't take it.

Needless to say, no second date. If he'd only used basic hygiene, we might be married now.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    zachrewind_a.jpg
  • StinkyWinkies
    StinkyWinkies Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    vf2.jpg

I love this picture (and I don't know any of these guys)

I don't have "a type" as in physical appearance...but intelligence is a huge turn-on for me. Not say I don't enjoy some eye-candy now and then. But not for long term, I want to be able to hold a conversation about all things.
  • xiamjackie
    xiamjackie Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Absolutely love this thread.
  • tracieangeletti
    tracieangeletti Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    who-are-we-women-what-do-we-want.jpg?w=560

I think that is about how I see it.

And this is why you'll never understand women.
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Why exactly are we discussing Sean Connery, Burt Reynolds and Colin Firth in a thread about the average male physique?
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Why exactly are we discussing Sean Connery, Burt Reynolds and Colin Firth in a thread about the average male physique?

They're soft and hairy.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options

Why aren't we always talking about Sean Connery, Burt Reynolds and Colin Firth in every thread regardless of the topic. It would be far better conversation than 95% of what pops up in the forums.
  • nonstopper
    nonstopper Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    I agree that it comes from the inside.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    who-are-we-women-what-do-we-want.jpg?w=560

I think that is about how I see it.

And this is why you'll never understand women.
    I think my wife would agree :cry:
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    tumblr_msywbkjgpz1ql3ntoo1_1280-1.jpg

All good, but mainly the bald one cuz he's the tallest and beefy-est. :love: My higher brain might like smart, funny, nerdy types but my reptilian brain still responds to big, strong males.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    It's a good thing we are building up the male ego because it's always so low. Poor men always crying about their lack of thigh gap, expanding derriere, and feeling fat. Always relating their worthiness as a human to how attractive they are to women. Poor guys.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options

He was not quite as attractive as his photo, but whatevs. The problem was he smelled. Bad. And not even BO. More like he hadn't washed his hair or clothes in about five years -- stale and gross. I couldn't take it.

Needless to say, no second date. If he'd only used basic hygiene, we might be married now.

Damn that's some confidence you think your so hot and irresistible that basic hygiene doesnt even apply to you.
  • FatHuMan1
    FatHuMan1 Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    It's a good thing we are building up the male ego because it's always so low. Poor men always crying about their lack of thigh gap, expanding derriere, and feeling fat. Always relating their worthiness as a human to how attractive they are to women. Poor guys.

If you're insinuating that men don't suffer from body image issues I can assure you your dead wrong.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    This thread needs more Sean Connery....

Sean+Connery+in+Zardoz.jpg
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    959291-jack_black_school_of_rock.jpg

any.
    day.
    ever.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Real beauty has very little to do with how you look, male or female.

However, I couldn't give two hoots about the perceived inequality. The day when a man's worth is judged as much on the way he looks as a woman's is the day I will start caring.

We are judged on our sexual prowess much more than women.
  • padams2359
    padams2359 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    SprocketsSNL_zps53adc12e.jpg
    Now is the time on Sprockets when we dance....

Would you like to touch my Monkey?
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    article-1133704-0342E500000005DC-934_468x264.jpg

*lick*

btw, "masculinist" isn't a term. if you believe in men's equality, the term would still be "feminist" js.
    watch the movie "Tough Guise". It's a feminist documentary about men in the media and ridiculous standards they have to live up to. It's amazing.

It's sexist that a male equality movement would require a feminine term like feminist.

I like masculinist, it is now a real term. Thank you OP for addressing this distressing trend.

Unfotunately, it IS a term. It has been used by groups that were anti-feminist (ie. misogynist) and so, unfortunately, has a bad connotation. From Wikipedia:
    Masculism or masculinism may variously refer to advocacy of the rights or needs of men; the adherence to or promotion of opinions, values, attitudes, etc. regarded as typical of men;[1][2][3] or, alternatively, an approach that is focused on male superiority[4][5] to the exclusion of women.

Personally I prefer the term "anti-sexist" as it covers the bases. Though I have had feminists get mad at me for that, like i'm supposed to agree that the term "feminist" covers it all. I know it is supposed to...but I agree, why does the term have to have a root word that inherently reflects only one gender?
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options

I was convinced I was ugly until my early twenties and used to assume that no woman would want me because I didn't have abs.

You were saying?