True Male Beauty!

Options

Replies

• chezmama
    chezmama Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Yes! A sense of humor like that covers over any body flaws. But he's kind of like a psychotic teddy bear. And I like that sort of thing.
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    good lord. these forums are just a goddamned massacre of all that is good in this world!

the battle of the sexes rages on and all I wanted was pics of hot dudes.

if-a-man-is-hellbent-on-making-his-own-sandwich-does-that-make-him-a-masculinist-thumb.jpg

ETA:

i'm leaving a babe and then outta here!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQNe1IJqjdgv2QqHLKFwpgovV5AVwoRzs77EfevpSXRwo29r4kD
  • JingleMuffin
    JingleMuffin Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Personally, I have a thing for Seth Rogan :love: Something about that voice and the scruffy look!
    im not alone then
  • 33Freya
    33Freya Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I think this thread goes to prove one major point on my part.

I have no idea how to read women, nor have any idea of what a woman finds attractive.

Women are like men- we are all different and attracted to different things. If a man can be a "leg man" though- I am NOT a "hair lady," lol.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    959291-jack_black_school_of_rock.jpg

any.
    day.
    ever.

That's a movie character.

The real test is if you'd take that body if it were named Joe Blue and worked as a greeter at the local Wal-Mart.
  • sarah456s
    sarah456s Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Jeff-Goldblum1.jpg

And why is Jeff Goldblum getting no love? He's got that smart nerdy thing going on, plus I think his voice is very yummy. :flowerforyou:
  • 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    vf2.jpg

I love all these doods but find this picture very disturbing.

This is a spoof of a Vanity Fair cover a few years back.

vanity-fair-april-2009-2.jpg
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    959291-jack_black_school_of_rock.jpg

any.
    day.
    ever.

That's a movie character.

The real test is if you'd take that body if it were named Joe Blue and worked as a greeter at the local Wal-Mart.

The men I have really dated are babes. But that is because when I fall in love with someone, regardless of their particulars, I love
    EVERY

SINGLE

INCH

OF

HIM.

(and yeah, they were mostly customer service staff)
  • shadowkat57
    shadowkat57 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Jeff-Goldblum1.jpg

And why is Jeff Goldblum getting no love? He's got that smart nerdy thing going on, plus I think his voice is very yummy. :flowerforyou:

Seconded! Mmm, Jeff <3
  • PtheronJr
    PtheronJr Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    article-1133704-0342E500000005DC-934_468x264.jpg

*lick*

btw, "masculinist" isn't a term. if you believe in men's equality, the term would still be "feminist" js.
    watch the movie "Tough Guise". It's a feminist documentary about men in the media and ridiculous standards they have to live up to. It's amazing.

It's sexist that a male equality movement would require a feminine term like feminist.

I like masculinist, it is now a real term. Thank you OP for addressing this distressing trend.

Unfotunately, it IS a term. It has been used by groups that were anti-feminist (ie. misogynist) and so, unfortunately, has a bad connotation. From Wikipedia:
    Masculism or masculinism may variously refer to advocacy of the rights or needs of men; the adherence to or promotion of opinions, values, attitudes, etc. regarded as typical of men;[1][2][3] or, alternatively, an approach that is focused on male superiority[4][5] to the exclusion of women.

Personally I prefer the term "anti-sexist" as it covers the bases. Though I have had feminists get mad at me for that, like i'm supposed to agree that the term "feminist" covers it all. I know it is supposed to...but I agree, why does the term have to have a root word that inherently reflects only one gender?

We refer to it as feminism because it's easy and has been around for decades, and feminism is about both men and women as it's supposed to remove the stigma and inequality of being feminine, men can also be feminine. There's a stigma against effeminate men, this extends to things like homosexuality (because liking other men is considered emasculating in society), the stigmatization of women AND men who have been sexually assaulted (because to be raped is to be emasculated in society), and the perceptions of men in general as masculine and powerful is also one that is addressed by feminism.

Feminism is about femininity, not the "female." The issue is that women have significantly more obstacles to face than men when it comes to leveling the playing field and finding equality in the world (and a safe environment) than men do at the moment, so that's the greatest focus of the movement because it is the greatest problem.

Make it okay for women to be women in today's society without being treated as objects because of their natural traits or their gender, and all of a sudden men who "display" traits of that gender, whether genuinely more feminine, or just based on stereotypes of what femininity is, will find that their situation improves as well.

MRAs, "masculinists," or whatever the hell else you want to call them, are just weird misogynists who are upset that fixing these issues require a focus on a gender that isn't their's, it's them having their egos reduced because in a life where everything is about them, there is something that isn't about them.
    Look at the people who complain about being racially profiled because they're white, or who complain that homosexuals are infringing on "heterosexual rights" or other imaginary garbage.

People are intrinsically childish, they don't understand what they're really saying, they don't understand the topic whatsoever, and if they actually took a Women's Studies class they'd probably figure it out, but the name of that class isn't Men's Studies (see 20,000 BC - 2013 AD) so they're going to complain and whine about the name being Women's Studies and then go and scream about how there isn't a White History Month or something equally absurd.
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    Women by and large aren't as obsessed with visual hotness as men, we go for the more important stuff.

"by and large" this sets off my BS detector!
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    So what?

The day when the burgeoning genocide risk in Central African Republic is quelled is the day I will start caring about how women are valued based on their appearance. We can play this all day, but let's not, instead.

x5fxQ.gif

Hot!!
  • parrotlover
    parrotlover Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I absolutely <3 James... Rest in Peace... my heart is forever broken.
    as a dedicated chubby chaser

I approve this thread.

More moobs, please.

Enough-Said-Movie-Review-Video.jpg
  • parrotlover
    parrotlover Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Wow someone else who knows and loved Colin Firth! :) Have you ever seen the BBC Pride and Prejudice? LOVE
    Colin Firth over Channing Tatum every day of the week for me. Accent and all!
  • Safiyandi
    Options

jeff-goldblum-ian-malcolm-painting.jpg
    tumblr_luv366MugR1r4hrk9o1_400.jpg
    taste.jpg
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    We refer to it as feminism because it's easy and has been around for decades, and feminism is about both men and women as it's supposed to remove the stigma and inequality of being feminine, men can also be feminine. There's a stigma against effeminate men, this extends to things like homosexuality (because liking other men is considered emasculating in society), the stigmatization of women AND men who have been sexually assaulted (because to be raped is to be emasculated in society), and the perceptions of men in general as masculine and powerful is also one that is addressed by feminism.

Feminism is about femininity, not the "female." The issue is that women have significantly more obstacles to face than men when it comes to leveling the playing field and finding equality in the world (and a safe environment) than men do at the moment, so that's the greatest focus of the movement because it is the greatest problem.

Make it okay for women to be women in today's society without being treated as objects because of their natural traits or their gender, and all of a sudden men who "display" traits of that gender, whether genuinely more feminine, or just based on stereotypes of what femininity is, will find that their situation improves as well.

MRAs, "masculinists," or whatever the hell else you want to call them, are just weird misogynists who are upset that fixing these issues require a focus on a gender that isn't their's, it's them having their egos reduced because in a life where everything is about them, there is something that isn't about them.
    Look at the people who complain about being racially profiled because they're white, or who complain that homosexuals are infringing on "heterosexual rights" or other imaginary garbage.

People are intrinsically childish, they don't understand what they're really saying, they don't understand the topic whatsoever, and if they actually took a Women's Studies class they'd probably figure it out, but the name of that class isn't Men's Studies (see 20,000 BC - 2013 AD) so they're going to complain and whine about the name being Women's Studies and then go and scream about how there isn't a White History Month or something equally absurd.

LOL. From the 'royal we' to begging the question to brushstrokes so broad that they are measured in AU . . . that was a true masterwork.

fatmanscoop-660x440.jpg
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    TopGear460.jpg

:blushing:

And those guys TOO! You have great taste, CherokeeBAbe. :love: :heart:

Thanks! :wink: I don't know if I have a thing for "funny guys" or older guys or what, but I really can't resist someone that can make me laugh! :laugh:
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options

jeff-goldblum-ian-malcolm-painting.jpg
    tumblr_luv366MugR1r4hrk9o1_400.jpg
    taste.jpg

MMMM, MMM, Jeffy! :love:
  • dirty_dirty_eater
    dirty_dirty_eater Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    article-1133704-0342E500000005DC-934_468x264.jpg

*lick*

btw, "masculinist" isn't a term. if you believe in men's equality, the term would still be "feminist" js.
    watch the movie "Tough Guise". It's a feminist documentary about men in the media and ridiculous standards they have to live up to. It's amazing.

It's sexist that a male equality movement would require a feminine term like feminist.

I like masculinist, it is now a real term. Thank you OP for addressing this distressing trend.

Unfotunately, it IS a term. It has been used by groups that were anti-feminist (ie. misogynist) and so, unfortunately, has a bad connotation. From Wikipedia:
    Masculism or masculinism may variously refer to advocacy of the rights or needs of men; the adherence to or promotion of opinions, values, attitudes, etc. regarded as typical of men;[1][2][3] or, alternatively, an approach that is focused on male superiority[4][5] to the exclusion of women.

Personally I prefer the term "anti-sexist" as it covers the bases. Though I have had feminists get mad at me for that, like i'm supposed to agree that the term "feminist" covers it all. I know it is supposed to...but I agree, why does the term have to have a root word that inherently reflects only one gender?

Do they offer degree program in victimology these days...just curious.
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    Do they offer degree program in victimology these days...just curious.

It did occur to me this morning that the poster is 22 years old. I remember having equally strong feels about other issues in my idealistic youth.