Running - Ladies, do you wear underwear under your spandex?

Options

Replies

• Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I wear boy shorts in technical fabric - no point wearing something technical on the outside just to have something cotton holding on to all that moisture.

I can't do commando - it feels weird to me.
  • LiveLoveLift67
    LiveLoveLift67 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I wear a type of spandex compression short UNDER my running shorts and use those as the underwear...i would just consider them underwear unless you are wearing them alone.
  • joannadalina
    joannadalina Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the feedback. I appreciate it :)

Gonna check out those compression shorts!
  • inferiormeatsack
    inferiormeatsack Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Heck no, I love the way spandex breathes!
  • tuulikki30
    tuulikki30 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I always wear underwear, just in case I get hit by a car or something while out running. What would the paramedics think lol? :smile:

As a retired paramedic, the lack of underwear wouldn't even register on my gaff meter. You would not believe the things I've seen. :laugh:

As for the underwear question, nope, I don't wear 'em.
  • marko320
    marko320 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I always wear underwear, just in case I get hit by a car or something while out running. What would the paramedics think lol?

As a retired paramedic, the lack of underwear wouldn't even register on my gaff meter. You would not believe the things I've seen.

"Ma'am, you've been hit by car. I'm going to have a look at that nasty cut on your head while my partner does an obligatory clean underwear check."
  • Firefighter4ever
    Options
    This thread is full of "WIN"
  • melinda189
    Options
    I normally don't wear any when i workout either. The compression pants do good keeping everything in place. Now if i have on some thongs I'll leave them on but any other cut of underwear tend to ride up as I workout making things uncomfortable. Long as your pants aren't see thru i think you'll be just fine going w/out.
  • kelleybean1
    kelleybean1 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Always wear panties when working out! Just the thought of going w/out makes me cringe!
  • marycmoyer3
    Options
    You should always wear underwear . I wear boy shorts . If you don't wear panties you have a good chance of getting a camel toe .
  • vmlabute
    vmlabute Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I hate it because it rides up my *kitten* crack every half mile or so but I feel weird just wearing spandex...
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    Spandex, yeesh. yes I wear undies under my yoga/warm-up pants..
  • riadhdeb
    riadhdeb Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I hate it because it rides up my *kitten* crack every half mile or so but I feel weird just wearing spandex...

I always wondered lol
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    I wear comfortable underwear and have visible panty lines. Guys are too busy looking at my *kitten* to notice the panty lines (I've asked).

Nice!
  • WandaWoman41
    WandaWoman41 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    " The touch, the feel, the fabric of our lives..." - Cotton
    Big girl panties please.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    " The touch, the feel, the fabric of our lives..." - Cotton
    Big girl panties please.

:laugh: Me, too! Oh, and I don't wear spandex pants for running. I prefer loose-fitting basketball shorts (a little shorter than knee length ones). I definitely have to wear underwear under those. I don't care for the breeze blowing through.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I have some thongs that are loose, seamless, and made of breathable synthetic fabric for working out. I wear those when I run.

I wear either a seamless cheeky boy short or athletic thong under my compression pants when I lift, and I always do a bend over test to make sure my pants aren't see-through. (I bend over and look at my butt in the mirror at home or ask someone to look at my butt and tell me if my underwear show) There's nothing worse than doing bent over rows with pants that are see through and people being able to see your underwear. I see this in the gym almost every single day.

Lululemon yoga pants are completely see through when women bend over, FYI.
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    The only time you'll catch me wearing underwear while running is if it's FRIGID out and an extra layer on my behind feels warm. I hate sweaty, bunched up undies! My running shorts are either compression or they are running shorts with the built in "drawers." Way more comfy to go sans undies!!
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    No. Why wear underwear under undergarments? And yes..^^^ ....I love lululemon yoga pants.....
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    Undies with spandex but not with running shorts with a liner. I try to pick panties that don't make lines, but basically I don't care. If anyone is that close for that long when I'm running, I have something far more serious to worry about.