Running - Ladies, do you wear underwear under your spandex?

Options

Replies

• gelar93
    gelar93 Posts: 160
    Options
    Of course I do. What is wrong with you :O
  • bethfartman
    bethfartman Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    No way, I've never even considered it.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I always wear underwear. Cotton granny gitch all the way!!
  • eventerchick80
    eventerchick80 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I don't wear underwear if I can help it. Most of the pants and capris that I wear are of a wicking material and I don't like that the cotton would kind of interfere. Or the extra material. It's just way better/more comfortable to go without.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    I wear boyshort style under mine. I may try a different brand of running tights that don't have a certain seam in the totally wrong place - which is why i wear the underwear. In winter, if it gets cold enough, I wear compression shorts under the running tights with no undies. But, I live in a warm weather city, so that's rarely an option.
  • ChristenSchwiegerath
    ChristenSchwiegerath Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I never wear them, they're horrible!! Panty lines are a BIG fat NOPE!
  • HannahLynn91
    HannahLynn91 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I'm lucky I have a big enough yard to run laps in. With that being said... no I don't wear panties or a bra while running. I don't own a sports bra, but I have been in the market for one... so that will probably change soon. :embarassed:
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Hi -- this question is really for the females.

The question may be for the females. .but the answers are for the males. .
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    This kinda thread is practically guranteed to turn into something creepy at some point, lol.

I'm guessing there are hundreds of lurkers here just for this reason.

Wait, did I say that out loud? Damn. :laugh:
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I have some thongs that are loose, seamless, and made of breathable synthetic fabric for working out. I wear those when I run.

I wear either a seamless cheeky boy short or athletic thong under my compression pants when I lift, and I always do a bend over test to make sure my pants aren't see-through. (I bend over and look at my butt in the mirror at home or ask someone to look at my butt and tell me if my underwear show) There's nothing worse than doing bent over rows with pants that are see through and people being able to see your underwear. I see this in the gym almost every single day.

Lululemon yoga pants are completely see through when women bend over, FYI.

Breathable thongs. .. boy shorts . . spandex. .compression pants. . Bending over!!. .

52583139.jpg
  • inthesaddle29
    inthesaddle29 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm lucky I have a big enough yard to run laps in. With that being said... no I don't wear panties or a bra while running. I don't own a sports bra, but I have been in the market for one... so that will probably change soon. :embarassed:

Ummm I would knock myself out if I didn't wear a bra, and usually wear a pair of undies designed for workouts :) who cares about vpl lol they can deal with those and my hail damage
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Hi -- this question is really for the females.
    Why just female? Are there no male runners and do they, if they exist, not wear clothes as well?

Compression shorts with some shorts over them. Ladies can wear just the compression shorts if they like. Guys, cover that stuff up. I don't want to know if you're smuggling fruit when you run.
  • korrinef
    Options
    I wear Smarty Pants underwear under all my workout gear. They're boy cut (longer leg), super comfy and wicking. Can't stand going commando - not with "leakage" issues ever present!
  • pangepange
    pangepange Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Moisture-wicking seamless hipster cut undies work great for me. Most of my running gear has weird seams so I can't imagine going without and being comfortable.
  • muffywesley
    muffywesley Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I always run without underpants, reduces the chance of chaffing!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Thong
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Cotton granny panties under spandex-much more comfortable than spandex alone!
  • dlr165
    dlr165 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Always wear panties when working out! Just the thought of going w/out makes me cringe!

+1
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I do wear undies BUT only ones that fit super well! I wore a pair that had outgrown me and that did not go well! They wore a blister- yikes!
  • LabAgility
    LabAgility Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Semper ubi sub ubi.

The only Latin you need to know.