Pastry Chef: Immoral and Unethical?

Options

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Your friend is of the debil. I say exorcism at once! Or jail, maybe. She is a really horrible human being.

If you want, once she's trained, you can send her to my house and I'll set her straight.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    I'm so grateful we've been given this opportunity to laud the sometimes maligned pastry. Aren't you all? :flowerforyou:
  • Ravissante1997
    Options
    OMG!! Do you eat meat, dairy and/or eggs???? If you look into these, you will see the horrors and effects not only on animals but people as well, young and old alike!!

Maybe we should never drive in case we have/cause an accident? Really? Is this for real?? Maybe we should all give up living and certainly not have friends because, God only knows, our friends are soooo imperfect!!
  • jeffd247
    jeffd247 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    What you guys think? Am I right? Or should I ease up, be happy for my friend and go to the party even if I feel like I’m compromising on my morals and ethics?

I think that your post is one of the most asinine things I have ever read, or that I am getting trolled hard and you are a pro sir.

Either way I got a little dumber reading what you typed.
  • CassandraBurgos83
    CassandraBurgos83 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    If this isn't a joke, you sound like sad and jealous man.
  • paygep
    paygep Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I own a cake bakery... does this make me a bad person?
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I can't believe you admit that in public.
  • Collier78
    Collier78 Posts: 811 Member
    Options

In for cake!
  • cparter
    cparter Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I am probably echoing some of the comments but I did not bother to read the page after page of responses. This is what I have to save:
    1. People choose to smoke, eat bad, drink, do drugs, etc. It is a part of life

2. Paula Deen fed people with fat for years and people were endeared to her but that is their choice to control their urges/passions

3. If the demand is there why should she not pursue it

4. One should look beyond their desires and see it for what it is, in other words - instead of being so negative about this business venue you should find the golden nugget and wish her well

There is more I can say but the bottom line, no one "has" to eat/buy her goodies and even if you are in a weight loss program - moderation is the key - so if you eat enough good foods and treat yourself moderately to those delicious but fattening goodies, you should not have any issues...
  • ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Da *kitten*?
  • fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    you think she is contributing cause she makes sweets? people are overweight because they eat to much and do not move enough, it has nothing to do with sweets. You can eat junk and not be overweight if you watch how much you eat hell you can get fat eating salad if you eat to much of it. What you are saying is just like saying that cooks and servers in restaurants make people fat, people make themselves fat by eating to much.
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    I can't believe you admit that in public.

She must be a witch. We must purge the devil from her. With fire.
  • Happymelz
    Happymelz Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Pastry Chef's have been around for YEARS.

Self Control on the other hand is something that people don't seem to learn anymore.

NO it isn't wrong for her to become a Pastry Chef.

I eat Pastry. I won't stop eating pastry.

I will however choose to eat LESS pastry. Because I CHOOSE to not become obese.

Pastry doesn't make one fat. Lack of self control makes one fat. (Unless one is fat due to a medical issue that can not be helped. Better add that or I'll be killed.)
  • thrld
    thrld Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    This is a joke post, right? You are just trolling us. Gotta be.

Otherwise, you'd rail against people who work for Segway (devices that stop people from walking) or companies that make high heel shoes (also hard to walk in).
    You'd ask your friends to NOT work for La-Z-boy -- it's right in the name! No activity!

And of course, anyone who works for Anhauser Busch or Coors or brews their own is definately off your party list. Because alcohol has all those empty calories!
    And Frito-Lay, and Yum! industries, and of course anyone you know who is a waiter/waitress -- they are just delivering unhealthy foods to people!

Don't forget people who work for cable companies or tv manufacturers -- they encourage you to sit for hours.

Boy you won't have any friends left.

Also, on a side note, I can't imagine what Thankgiving or Superbowl parties at your house looks like.
    Enjoy your kale!
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Here is the situation I’m currently facing and I don’t know what to do.

So I have a friend who announced that she was moving into a new profession. SHE IS BECOMING A GOURMET PASTRY CHEF!

So everyone is congratulating her on this big step in her life and all I can think is…WHY!? So she will be preparing pastries and directly contributing to the obesity epidemic in America. What’s next, should I congratulate the Marlboro man on the new gourmet cigarette brand he is coming out with? I just think it’s wrong for someone to knowingly provide sugar laden treats to others knowing the harm it causes. And even worse, these are gourmet treats which people are likely to eat even more of!

I don’t know. If it were me, I don’t think I would be able to live with myself if I knew I would be harming people like this long term. They are throwing her a going away party in a few weeks and she is going to be providing a sampling of her work for us. I’m still undecided if I should attend with these concerns. I’m not sure what kind of message that will be sending ya know?

What you guys think? Am I right? Or should I ease up, be happy for my friend and go to the party even if I feel like I’m compromising on my morals and ethics?

One of my siblings is a pastry chef and I feel ambivalent about it. I have something of a sugar "addiction" and I can't control myself during the holidays. The way pastry chefs see it, especially if they work in restaurants, is that people have paid a lot of money for a fine meal and they want to complete it with a treat. Desserts in moderation aren't unhealthy. The best are works of art.
  • blueevertonchristine
    Options
    are you actually joking? shes not hurting children or animals shes a chef, get an actual grip of yourself!! shes got a job so not sponging off the government which is immoral and unethical. i seriously hope this is a joke or you need to get out into the real world
  • GayleCain
    Options
    Congratulations to her for finding a passion in this life!! Many are not so lucky. Immoral, and unethical -- never! Perhaps you could spend more time pursuing your own passions and less judging others....unless, of course, you are, actually, a judge.
  • KeViN_v2pt0
    KeViN_v2pt0 Posts: 375 Member
    Options

So I have a friend who announced that she was moving into a new profession. SHE IS BECOMING A GOURMET PASTRY CHEF!

So everyone is congratulating her on this big step in her life and all I can think is…WHY!? So she will be preparing pastries and directly contributing to the obesity epidemic in America. What’s next, should I congratulate the Marlboro man on the new gourmet cigarette brand he is coming out with? I just think it’s wrong for someone to knowingly provide sugar laden treats to others knowing the harm it causes. And even worse, these are gourmet treats which people are likely to eat even more of!

I don’t know. If it were me, I don’t think I would be able to live with myself if I knew I would be harming people like this long term. They are throwing her a going away party in a few weeks and she is going to be providing a sampling of her work for us. I’m still undecided if I should attend with these concerns. I’m not sure what kind of message that will be sending ya know?

I think you should STFU & convince your friend to hook me up with FREE THESE!!

Large+Napoleon.jpg
  • rachaelbarton
    rachaelbarton Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    clearly she is a natural born killer with no conscience.
  • Yetta729
    Yetta729 Posts: 68 Member
    Options

MORON!!!