Replies

• MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    character_design_the_evil_chef_by_xandox-d3kg36x.jpg
  • HannahJDiaz25
    HannahJDiaz25 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    It's astonishing that someone would be so brazenly careless with their futures.....and the lives of others.

In this day and age, the only acceptable career in food is that of an organic-raw-vegan chef who can educate and help others understand the importance of such healthy choices.

Chocolate, sugar, pastry, etc are clearly evil and unhealthy and should be banned.

Obviously, you should ditch her.

:drinker: Cheers!!
  • xaMErica
    xaMErica Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I don't want to sound rude or mean.....

but YOU sound mean!

There are plenty of people in this world that deserve a damn pastry! Each one of us has to make our own damn decisions. If I know that pasty is bad for me, I wont eat it. Or maybe I will and it will be MY problem, not hers!

THIS is the problem with our country! It is always someone elses fault! The makers of Doritos and f*cking chocolate did not make me fat! My poor decision making made me fat.

Get over yourselves people!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    Wow, you are so rude. Follow Thumpers advice.

We are all here for the same reasons people. To cure obesity.

all hail thumper.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options

but YOU sound mean!

There are plenty of people in this world that deserve a damn pastry! Each one of us has to make our own damn decisions. If I know that pasty is bad for me, I wont eat it. Or maybe I will and it will be MY problem, not hers!

THIS is the problem with our country! It is always someone elses fault! The makers of Doritos and f*cking chocolate did not make me fat! My poor decision making made me fat.

what makes one DESERVE a pastry?
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options

but YOU sound mean!

Breathing.
  • mapenguinkeeper
    Options
    I am not a professional pastry chef, but I did own my own coffee shop for a few years and can out bake and out cook some of the best. I don't have a sweet tooth and so I look for recipes that use less sugar and butter or find substitutes (olive oil and applesauce are my go-to replacements in lots of recipes). I also tend to stick with fruit-based tarts, cakes, etc. My son didn't know what frosting was until he went to a birthday party at 5. I don't like frosting so never put it on my homemade cupcakes and he never missed it. Have you SEEN how much frosting some of those commercial bakeries add?

You can make healthier pastries and desserts AND the key is moderation and portion control - a regular Cinnabon could feed 4 people!!
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options

but YOU sound mean!

This is the kind of attitude I'm talking about. And I never said they MAKE you fat. They CONTRIBUTE to it. Am i the only one comprehnding this difference? And if I can help reduce it, why wouldn't I?
  • MrsBingley
    Options
    character_design_the_evil_chef_by_xandox-d3kg36x.jpg

You win this thread
  • ryry_
    Options
    I am not a professional pastry chef, but I did own my own coffee shop for a few years and can out bake and out cook some of the best. I don't have a sweet tooth and so I look for recipes that use less sugar and butter or find substitutes (olive oil and applesauce are my go-to replacements in lots of recipes). I also tend to stick with fruit-based tarts, cakes, etc. My son didn't know what frosting was until he went to a birthday party at 5. I don't like frosting so never put it on my homemade cupcakes and he never missed it. Have you SEEN how much frosting some of those commercial bakeries add?

You can make healthier pastries and desserts AND the key is moderation and portion control - a regular Cinnabon could feed 4 people!!

Thats a great start...And good for you making healthier options available. I wish there were more options like this out there.

ETA: That still does not help with my dilemna as the pastries in question are not that.
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options

Thats a great start...And good for you making healthier options available. I wish there were more options like this out there.

In keeping with this trend, I was hoping to maybe develop a recipe for pastries that uses cauliflower instead of flour, butter, and sugar. Any suggestions ?
  • Cranquistador
    Options

but YOU sound mean!

This is the kind of attitude I'm talking about. And I never said they MAKE you fat. They CONTRIBUTE to it. Am i the only one comprehnding this difference? And if I can help reduce it, why wouldn't I?
    reduce, recycle, reuse:flowerforyou:
  • Cranquistador
    Options

In keeping with this trend, I was hoping to maybe develop a recipe for pastries that uses cauliflower instead of flour, butter, and sugar. Any suggestions ?

NO:angry:
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options

but YOU sound mean!

I will not get over myself until the children of the United States of America are protected from this Appetizing Axis of Evil.

Do your part, save America.

ThePatriot-'Hawk-04-400-sg.gif
  • ryry_
    Options
    I was going to say something like, "Frankly, I think your attitude helps the obesity epidemic more than your friend's career. Her career allows customers to be responsible for their choices, whereas yours completely removes personal responsibility from the equation. Few if any of us got fat because of what other people do, we got fat because we made bad cho

We got fat because food companies have pushed their sugar laced devil food on us for decades now! If that food didnt exist then none of us would be fat. Gun crimes do not exist when guns are banned. Obesity doesnt exist when sugar laced foods are banned.

Duh

ok...I agree with you on the sugar part but I did not intend to start a debate about gun control. I own guns and enjoy hunting. Its one of the few things we have to do in NE. Responsible gun ownership is key. Guns ARE NOT addicting like sugar is you just have to take precautions.

OP, you really, really need to check your sarcasm meter :-/

Yeah, OP. Do you even know what sarchasm is? GOD!

Haha :laugh: ...I'm not completely dense...Good one Contrarian
  • Striving4Fit_MrsOrtiz
    Options
    If you were a true friend you wouldn't be talking smack on your friend behind her back. If you can't chill out with just by one treat then maybe you need help. Your friend is doing something that she's going to be happy with. Gourmet foods are more expensive therefore what she makes isn't contributing to the obese epidemic! If people want to stuff their faces with sugar by all means let them. People need to quit making excuses for why they get obese. It's no one's fault but their own. I'm a going to school to be a chef and one day own my restaurant where I'll be serving delicious greasy foods. Sue me!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

Demi-Lovato-Haha-No-Reaction-Gif.gif
  • ryry_
    Options

but YOU sound mean!

I will not get over myself until the children of the United States of America are protected from this Appetizing Axis of Evil.

Do your part, save America.

ThePatriot-'Hawk-04-400-sg.gif

Haha...Love Braveheart...Great Movie.
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Here is the situation I’m currently facing and I don’t know what to do.

So I have a friend who announced that she was moving into a new profession. SHE IS BECOMING A GOURMET PASTRY CHEF!

So everyone is congratulating her on this big step in her life and all I can think is…WHY!? So she will be preparing pastries and directly contributing to the obesity epidemic in America. What’s next, should I congratulate the Marlboro man on the new gourmet cigarette brand he is coming out with? I just think it’s wrong for someone to knowingly provide sugar laden treats to others knowing the harm it causes. And even worse, these are gourmet treats which people are likely to eat even more of!

I don’t know. If it were me, I don’t think I would be able to live with myself if I knew I would be harming people like this long term. They are throwing her a going away party in a few weeks and she is going to be providing a sampling of her work for us. I’m still undecided if I should attend with these concerns. I’m not sure what kind of message that will be sending ya know?

What you guys think? Am I right? Or should I ease up, be happy for my friend and go to the party even if I feel like I’m compromising on my morals and ethics?

Didn't read the first 13 pages of comments, all that came to my mind was-it's not like she's cooking crack into her cookies. She's not harming people-people are harming people by not exercising some self control. There's nothing wrong with pasteries, if you eat a reasonable amount once in a while. That's like saying McDonalds is unethical.

If you want to go after someone, get that guy who opened the Heart Attack Grill. I believe people actually HAVE died after eating there.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I'd be bothered much more if she was going to work for Little Debbie snack cakes figuring out more ways to create cheap chemical desserts that people eat by the dozen.

Just sayin'