From 199 to 129. My journey.

Replies

• slimbettie
    slimbettie Posts: 686 Member
    the thing I can't get over is that you look 10 years younger....OMG! very well done. you are amazing.
  • kristensaav
    kristensaav Posts: 41 Member
    You look wonderful! Thanks for being an inspiration to everyone fighting the same battle!
  • ladyred2479
    ladyred2479 Posts: 21 Member
    hey i'm stacy, a mother of 2 kids, 16 year old boy and a 2 year old little girl, no that's not a typo yes they are 14 years apart. I track my calories on here when I get in a rut to get back on track, I love myfitness pal, do you have facebook? I love meeting and chatting with new people and am on facebook a lot more often.
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    You look wonderful and your skin looks great too. Absolutely awesome!
  • Congratulations that is an awesome story
  • happydreamy
    happydreamy Posts: 44 Member
    Amazing and beautiful story! Commitment triumphs cravings! :flowerforyou:
  • katdell
    katdell Posts: 89 Member
    Now that is a very inspiring story!! Congratulations and you look amazing! Here is hoping I will be at my goal weight soon!!
  • VeganLexi
    VeganLexi Posts: 960 Member
    This is such an inspirational story, you look amazing and so much younger! :flowerforyou:
  • ChristinaOrtiz23
    ChristinaOrtiz23 Posts: 1,546 Member
    i love you story!!!! you look incredible!!
  • Congratulations! You deserve all that you've worked so hard to gain. This is such a beautiful and wonderfully transparent story. It's amazing how one person's triumph can inspire so many and make our hearts merry. Thank you, Skinny-now. :o)
  • is it hard to believe that you made that happen? you made that happen! wow and congrats.
  • kwantlen2051
    kwantlen2051 Posts: 455 Member
    Thanks so much for inspiring me. I felt really low this morning, but yuor story has encouraged me to keep on trying. Thank you!!!!!
  • nerge
    nerge Posts: 52 Member
    So impressive!! That first 1lb hurdle was I'm sure a triumph....and the next 69 haha!! Great work and you look AMAZING!
  • ummyasminah
    ummyasminah Posts: 95 Member
    Amazing, thanks for sharing your inspirational story!
  • cdahl383
    cdahl383 Posts: 726 Member
    You look great! That's awesome, great story! I like your advice to be patient about it all. Sometimes I get frustrated just losing 1 lb a week, but over the course of a year or so that will really add up. You stuck with it for 1.5 year and it was totally worth it, congrats!
  • I just got back home from work and am overwhelmed by your kindness. Wow. Yes, my first pound took 6 looooong weeks. I kept weighing myself and the needle on the scale wouldn't budge. Little did I know that it would move mountains later. I asked my sister, is this worth it? Should I keep going? She just said, give it a little bit more time. That's all I needed. 2 more weeks and 8 pounds went away. It was amazing.

I ate about 1500 cals per day, that's what myfitnesspal calculated. I'm crazy, I didn't eat my exercise calories back, I saved them all for weight loss, I was on a mission I guess.
    Now that I'm maintaining I eat exercise cals, I don't want to lose anymore, I want to feel strong and healthy.

One more thing, I was often terrified of the scale, I'm not kidding! So I used measuring tape around my waist every morning. Every time, I lost an inch, I knew the scale would move to the left. The measuring tape is still my best friend ;).
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    I just got back home from work and am overwhelmed by your kindness. Wow. Yes, my first pound took 6 looooong weeks. I kept weighing myself and the needle on the scale wouldn't budge. Little did I know that it would move mountains later. I asked my sister, is this worth it? Should I keep going? She just said, give it a little bit more time. That's all I needed. 2 more weeks and 8 pounds went away. It was amazing.

I ate about 1500 cals per day, that's what myfitnesspal calculated. I'm crazy, I didn't eat my exercise calories back, I saved them all for weight loss, I was on a mission I guess.
    Now that I'm maintaining I eat exercise cals, I don't want to lose anymore, I want to feel strong and healthy.

Girlfriend, I can not express enough how much of a God Send your post is...I'm soooo there, at not seeing the scale move, as it ought and I now am understanding some things I must incorporate into my way of eating and drinking. That said, to see you post that the scale didn't move in such a long time and still you carried on is the BOMB to me, I love that and it gives me such hope. YAY YOU!
  • Newlifestyle4, with you keeping on, the scale will have no choice but to move to the left ;)
  • dotTif
    dotTif Posts: 20
    Congrats on becoming your own success story!! Your story is inspiring!
  • CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    You look beautiful and so happy. My favorite part is that you project a "yes I can" attitude and people say "yes." You have truly changed! Congratulations!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!