Double Standard

Options
124»

Replies

• Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    No they shouldn't, no one should hit anyone. But there IS a difference between a guy slapping a girl across the face and a girl slapping a guy across the face.

Please explain what the difference is.

This.

As far as I'm concerned nobody should be able to touch anyone without their permission, nobody. Male or female. I know plenty of females (myself included) who could be a threat to a male if needs be, I've been in the situation of having to protect myself. I've also grown up with domestic violence & let me tell you, if my mother had hit my father as hard as she hit me........

One thing defending yourself, another thing being the person who starts it.

There are actually alarmingly high amounts of male sexual assault victims and male victims of domestic violence.

But because we continue perpetuating the idea that men can't really be hurt by women, the greater society remains ignorant.
  • A_nonymous2
    A_nonymous2 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Some guys could definitely get away with it and some can't. I'm sure there are some women who couldn't have pulled it off without being creepy or threatening. My scale of creep might be a little looser.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Some guys could definitely get away with it and some can't. I'm sure there are some women who couldn't have pulled it off without being creepy or threatening. My scale of creep might be a little looser.

if you asked me for my pubes, i'd say "fine, but you have to pluck it yourself."
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    hahahahah. *barf* you're a braver lady than i am, my friend. that's just narsty.
  • funforsports
    funforsports Posts: 2,656 Member
    Options
    Probably because guys don't care.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,072 Member
    Options
    Who comes up with these dares?!?

Congrats, you win... hepatitis. Woooooo

STD history was the second question I asked him, right after the old "Does the carpet match the curtains"

Yes and of course he would give an honest answer about the STD's - that's if he even knew the answer - you do realize many people have STD's before they are diagnosed?

Im not sure about the double standard thing - I think your behaviour just sounds tacky OP - I don't think it is any more ok because you are female or because of how you look.

and I dont think it is ok for anybody to hit anybody, no double standard in my book - although not sure playful smacking of someone's bum is the same thing anyway.
  • kyleekay10
    kyleekay10 Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options

1) ... asked him if I could have some of his pubes.

2) ...I finally slapped him on the butt and told him to stop getting in my way.

What are your thoughts on this double standard I seem to possess?

This isn't a double standard. Whether a guy or girl does either of the above, it is still rude or unacceptable (or should be).

Carry on.

You must be fun at parties. :wink:
  • patfriendly
    patfriendly Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Its ok what you did. Admit it or not its a sexist society. I would be totally fine if you did those things to me, but I would not dare doing that to you or any girl.