Christmas Goals!!

Options

Replies

• Allibaba
    Allibaba Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I would like to lose 5 lbs by Xmas, which would put me around 165 and 10lbs away from my first goal. I think it can be done if I keep up my workouts and I stay away from the rest of the Halloween candy (and the incoming Xmas treats). I will indulge a bit but I know myself and I know with some things there is no happy medium I just eat and eat.
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    I'm 147lb now, down from 170lb. I had hoped to scrape under the 10 stone (140lb) mark for Christmas but don't think I'll make it. I have quite a lot of stress at the moment (mum in hospital, work issues, a £1000 bill for the car...) and I find that even with me eating at a deficit and exercising, when I don't sleep well my body likes to hang onto pounds for longer. But hey ho, this too shall pass. :smile:

First off -- you're doing AMAZING! Congrats on all your success to date. As for the stress -- fingers crossed for you that everything will ease up a bit. So sorry to hear about your mum -- hope it's nothing too serious and that she will be feeling better in no time! I can totally relate to your car issues -- I just went through that same thing not too long ago.

Drink some hot tea, breathe deeply, and carry on. You've got this!

Thank you sweetheart! :flowerforyou:
    My mum has end-stage COPD, a progressive form of lung disease like emphysema, caused largely by a life of smoking, which will not improve, only get worse. She is on 24-hour oxygen and can't walk very far anymore. Her lung function is now down to 25%. It's difficult because my parents live abroad and it's always a tough call when to down tools and book a flight, and when to sit back and see how it goes. At the moment it looks like I won't have to down tools. Thank you for your encouragement. xx
  • hopsgirl74
    Options
    My goal is to be able to enjoy the holidays while sticking to my weight loss. I need to lose about 60 more lbs, but I'm not going to deprive myself either. So it's a balancing act. Portion control, eating slowly, and finding non-food ways to enjoy holiday goodness.

I'd love to be down to 174 by Christmas - which would finally put my BMI at merely "overweight" and no longer "obese".
  • runshellersrun
    Options
    I have mini-goals marked on my calendar for the end of each month. By the end of December, I need to be down 7 lbs. So I guess by Christmas I would need to be down 6. Yikes....Christmas isn't too far away!
    Good luck with your Christmas goals :-)
  • LarissaJenkins
    Options
    I'm at 138lbs, and I'd like to loose another 4 pounds for Christmas :)
  • Tolstoy26
    Tolstoy26 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I want to lose 9 lbs by the holidays, which will put me at 155 lbs and 30 lbs. lost since May. Fingers Crossed!!
  • mandyplace
    Options
    IMy goal is to continue my workout schedule , update MFP and not gain any additional lbs. I will not kid myself in thinking I will not enjoy the holiday goodies. Good luck everyone!!!!!
  • mandyplace
    Options
    Get you a exercise buddy this keeps me motivated.
  • mandyplace
    Options
    My goal is to exercise at least 5 times a week between now and christmas - anything from going for a walk, the gym or yoga!

I've totally lost motivation for exercise lately so this is gonna be a challenge for me

Get you an exercise buddy, this keeps me motivated.
  • sunnshhiine
    sunnshhiine Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I would like to lose 5 lbs by Xmas, which would put me around 165 and 10lbs away from my first goal. I think it can be done if I keep up my workouts and I stay away from the rest of the Halloween candy (and the incoming Xmas treats). I will indulge a bit but I know myself and I know with some things there is no happy medium I just eat and eat.

Exactly!! Enjoy a few treats guilt-free -- but don't over indulge! That's my plan too!
  • sunnshhiine
    Options
    My goal is to be able to enjoy the holidays while sticking to my weight loss. I need to lose about 60 more lbs, but I'm not going to deprive myself either. So it's a balancing act. Portion control, eating slowly, and finding non-food ways to enjoy holiday goodness.

I'd love to be down to 174 by Christmas - which would finally put my BMI at merely "overweight" and no longer "obese".

I find that drinking ALOT of water throughout the day helps me to portion control and eat slower. I try to drink anywhere from 8-12 glasses of water a day. Usually 3 before lunch. 2-3 with lunch. then another 3-6 throughout the day.
  • sunnshhiine
    Options
    I have mini-goals marked on my calendar for the end of each month. By the end of December, I need to be down 7 lbs. So I guess by Christmas I would need to be down 6. Yikes....Christmas isn't too far away!
    Good luck with your Christmas goals :-)

Good luck to you as well! Our goal is about the same!
  • sunnshhiine
    Options
    I'm at 138lbs, and I'd like to loose another 4 pounds for Christmas :)

very realistic and doable! You got this! :)
  • sunnshhiine
    Options
    I want to lose 9 lbs by the holidays, which will put me at 155 lbs and 30 lbs. lost since May. Fingers Crossed!!

That's basically my goal as well -- if I lose the 7 lbs I want to lose by Christmas, i will be at a total loss of 30 lbs! Good luck to you!!!
  • sunnshhiine
    Options
    IMy goal is to continue my workout schedule , update MFP and not gain any additional lbs. I will not kid myself in thinking I will not enjoy the holiday goodies. Good luck everyone!!!!!

I definitely plan to enjoy Christmas treats as well! Everything in moderation! Good luck!
  • sunnshhiine
    Options
    Get you a exercise buddy this keeps me motivated.

Good plan!! My SIL is my 30DS buddy, and my mom and dog are my walking buddies! :)
  • DavePFJ
    DavePFJ Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    To find out where my abs went.
  • sunnshhiine
    Options
    To find out where my abs went.

Haha! If you find them, tell me how you did it! I lost mine awhile ago and I'm pretty sure they are lost forever! LOL.
  • DanielleDee88
    DanielleDee88 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My goal is 15 lbs. (that would put me at 180 lbs.) and staying consistent to work out 4x/ week. Working out is really what I'm struggling with right now, so that's what I'm trying to work on. :) Also, not "falling off the wagon" on the weekends. lol Trying to cut down eating out to once a week.
  • teresamwhite
    teresamwhite Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I just want to get into a slinky evening gown for the military ball the first Saturday in December! By Christmas, I would like to be 10lbs lighter than I am now, or another jeans size, whichever comes first!