going bat $#!@ crazy

Options

Replies

• StepAwayFromTheCupcake
    Options
    WTF? He buys them but won't let you eat them... I'd flush them all down the toilet.. then make him pay for a plumber...

^This. You've lost 83 pounds, which is freaking fantastic. You deserve a cupcake...and not just when he "lets" you!
    I love the irony of this with your username. :laugh:

Honestly didn't realize that :laugh: :drinker:
  • royaldrea
    royaldrea Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    If I understand this right, you're dieting and he's not, and sometimes he brings sweets home for himself that he won't share with you because he knows you're dieting...

Is that about right?

That sounds right to me. What a horrible inconsiderate guy, eating food that he likes while not sharing with her due to the commitment she made to herself, notwithstanding her apparent lack of will power. She should definitely break up with him.
  • emobarbie7
    Options
    You need to kick him in the nuts. That's very disrespectful and selfish...we have a name in the fitness world for those kinds of people

"food terrorists"

seriously have a talk with him that is unacceptable

Food Terrorists... love this, I'm using it
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Are you really ready to spend the rest of your life with someone who won't let you eat a cupcake? Sounds horrible.
  • gabbygirl78
    gabbygirl78 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    He's an *kitten* and not very supportive of you if he would buy something that he knows may hit your weaknesses but then fuss at you if you slip up. Move on honey! He will be the death of your spirit! :noway:
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    she may have told him when she started this not to let her eat anything like that.

besides, pumpkin has no place in anything sweet ever. its a vegetable, and a gross one at that.

1. Then she wouldn't (I assume) be complaining to strangers about it.

2. Go sit in the corner for that remark.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    is this even serious...

what does he do put them on the table and slowly eat them and say "none for you" over and over....

Grow up and put the smack down and eat a damn cupcake if you want to ...

How are you even allowed to use the internet...???
  • LuLuChick78
    LuLuChick78 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Everything I wanted to write was too mean....so I am going to just go with "are you f**king kidding with this?" :huh:
  • VelvetMorning
    VelvetMorning Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Was this a badly transcribed post? I can get something like, "You've come so far - i'd hate to see you blow it for something like a crappy cupcake" or "Are you sure you really want to do this? I won't let you until you've slept on it to make sure you really want to do this"
    Maybe OP just didn't say what really happened! Maybe the "He gave in" was after a playful argument after a comment like one above ^
  • YoungIronG
    YoungIronG Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    "YOU WANNA BE STINGY! EAT 'EM! EAT 'EM ALLLLL!"

*say this while shoving tray of cupcakes down his throat.

punch him a little too
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Yes, it is pumpkin season again. And I LOVE everything pumpkin. But, I keep telling myself that next Fall, pumpkin season will come again and the year after that, and the year after that..... I will have another chance (unless I get hit by a truck and then I'll be mad I passed on all the pumpkiny goodness) to enjoy all things pumpkin. This year, I'll pass because getting to my next goal is more important to me than pumpkin. And candy corn.
  • _firecracker_
    _firecracker_ Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I am glad to see that you know your place...more women should follow your lead!

Did I say you could come out of the kitchen!?
  • _firecracker_
    _firecracker_ Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Repeat after me...

I am a grown woman, I do what I want.
  • niricava
    niricava Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Here is the secret to making this a LIFE STYLE change not a diet. Live life. If you deprive yourself, you will be angry, (you've hit that stage) and go off the deep end and eat an entire Sara Lee cheesecake in the car in a dark parking lot with a plastic spoon, tossing the evidence in a trash can before you chew gum to rid yourself of the tell-tell cheese cake scented fumes before you go home.

You have to find a balance. A cupcake is not going to kill you. NOT having the cupcake might. If you can find a way to fit those treats in your calorie budget, you'll be sucessful. I'm at 1,300 calories a day (net after exercise) I eat 3 full meals and several snacks, and I managed to fit a Dunkin Dounut Red Velvet Cake dounut into my budget today. Do I feel guitly? No, becuase I will give up something else throughout the day. If I had not had that delicious little red-ish treat today, It would still be haunting me and I would eat 3x the calories trying to satisfy that haunting smell/taste/texture.

I have days, beleive me. Halloween almost killed me and there are days recently when I ask myself "What is wrong with me" when I log my food intake and see what I consumed. But it can work, you can have both. Try to show your fiance how you make it fit into your budget, and tell him you've got this. He needs to trust you and know you can handle a cupcake. Otherwise, it will be food infidelity, sneaking around bakeries and other food outlets looking for your fix.

OMG, I want a Dunkin Donut Red Velvet Cake Donut now too... Was it worth it? I may fit in an extra workout today so I can stop and get one :wink: :laugh:
  • pixlamarque
    pixlamarque Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I am glad to see that you know your place...more women should follow your lead!
    is this even serious...

what does he do put them on the table and slowly eat them and say "none for you" over and over....

Grow up and put the smack down and eat a damn cupcake if you want to ...

How are you even allowed to use the internet...???

Indeed. Personally, I always maintain a walking distance of 3 feet behind my husband, only speak when spoken to, and I certainly would never eat a cupcake without his express permission........................
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Was this a badly transcribed post? I can get something like, "You've come so far - i'd hate to see you blow it for something like a crappy cupcake" or "Are you sure you really want to do this? I won't let you until you've slept on it to make sure you really want to do this"
    Maybe OP just didn't say what really happened! Maybe the "He gave in" was after a playful argument after a comment like one above ^

I see you're new here.

At MFP, when there is ambiguity in OP, we *never* assume it is the least controversial interpretation. If a woman has a problem with her husband or boyfriend, the correct assumption is that he is an evil, vile person and she deserves better. Always. You may be tempted to want to consider *his* side of the story. Don't. It is completely irrelevant to providing her the support she needs to do what must be done...and that is almost always dumping his @$$ to the curb and finding better. Occasionally, the advice may be that she should talk with him (or a counselor) about the problem and not to a bunch of strangers on the internet, but her message to him should almost always be that she's leaving him because he is a worthless piece of trash and that she is going to find someone she deserves.

Welcome to MFP. :flowerforyou:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

I see you're new here.

At MFP, when there is ambiguity in OP, we *never* assume it is the least controversial interpretation. If a woman has a problem with her husband or boyfriend, the correct assumption is that he is an evil, vile person and she deserves better. Always. You may be tempted to want to consider *his* side of the story. Don't. It is completely irrelevant to providing her the support she needs to do what must be done...and that is almost always dumping his @$$ to the curb and finding better. Occasionally, the advice may be that she should talk with him (or a counselor) about the problem and not to a bunch of strangers on the internet, but her message to him should almost always be that she's leaving him because he is a worthless piece of trash and that she is going to find someone she deserves.

Are you denying that men are the scum of the earth?
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I would spray his sweets with windex right before it gets in his mouth. If I can't have sweets, no one is having sweets lol
    It's not impossible to lose weight and have the good stuff. Tell him to take the stick out of his bum and to maybe give you a look before you eat TOO MANY, not one. My goodness....

LMFAO- I think this is the best answer every
  • Rawr1978
    Rawr1978 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I think the wording of the original post was brilliant. Guaranteed to set off the ones who don't read it through and focus on the, "won't let me".
    I'm someone who has a serious problem with anyone "being allowed" to do something past the age of 18. However, I gave my hubs the go-ahead to give me grief when i overeat. He still refuses to "not let" me do something, says he isn't my boss (but im his...it's pretty awesome)
  • LuLuChick78
    LuLuChick78 Posts: 439 Member
    Options

I see you're new here.

:laugh: on point Jof, on point indeed.