Any gamers out there?

Options

Replies

• hotjodels
    hotjodels Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I play some league of legends. I occasionally play rift, and I am a sucker for the sims... :">
  • hotjodels
    hotjodels Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Right now - League of Legends and Hearthstone. ;)
    League! YUSS! I just started playing that game. haven't even gotten to level 30 yet, but I'm addicted!.
  • benefiting
    benefiting Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    The Last of Us was the best game I've ever played. Kinda wish I didn't play it cause now any new games I play feel weak in comparison. I'm hoping I can get my hands on a PS4 next Friday. I'll probably grab NBA 2K14 if I'm able to find one.

You're so lucky. That's one of the **** things about being on the Xbox side. :P
  • TheBoldCat
    TheBoldCat Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    recently, for a month I play Castlot
  • FredSetToGetFit
    FredSetToGetFit Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    The Last of Us was the best game I've ever played. Kinda wish I didn't play it cause now any new games I play feel weak in comparison. I'm hoping I can get my hands on a PS4 next Friday. I'll probably grab NBA 2K14 if I'm able to find one.

You're so lucky. That's one of the **** things about being on the Xbox side. :P

Same on this side for pc.
  • FrontBoard
    Options
    Oh, wow, yeah, I remember the original FF. I loved that game!! (It was the first game on NES I could beat before my brother did :laugh: I would love to find it again.

It has been re-released on iOS and Android!
  • Excepticon
    Excepticon Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    LOK'TAR OGAR!

But I only let myself play if I've sufficiently exercised that day. That's motivation for ya!
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    Oh, wow, yeah, I remember the original FF. I loved that game!! (It was the first game on NES I could beat before my brother did :laugh: I would love to find it again.

It has been re-released on iOS and Android!

Sweet!
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    Currently playing GTAV...just picked up Assassins Creed IV.
  • benefiting
    Options
    I started playing Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance again today. I was stuck on a part so I gave up but now I'm back into it. I also finished Brotherhood and Revelations in like a week, maybe less. Lol.
  • dumparump
    dumparump Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Skyrim... still. XD
  • FredSetToGetFit
    FredSetToGetFit Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I started playing Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance again today. I was stuck on a part so I gave up but now I'm back into it. I also finished Brotherhood and Revelations in like a week, maybe less. Lol.

I spent a lot more time with AC3 by doing all the side quests in between the normal stories. I think I just didn't want it to end or my ocd is getting really bad.
  • valandario
    valandario Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say mac's are bad for gaming. I have one specifically for that which I would pick over my PC every day.

3.5GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 3.9GHz
    32GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 4X8GB
    3TB Fusion Drive
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4GB GDDR5

Have a PC too because it is often easier to find games for that but overall i find the iMac more comfortable. Use another iMac for work stuff, not up to gaming. Then a MacBookPro for a bit of both. Obviously have the tablets, etc but I don't really count app games as gaming.

Assassins Creed, wow, FFXI online, dragon age, the witcher, cod occasionally, PWI star trek online, Diablo, starcraft, heck all sorts. I'll give most games a try. Started out many years ago with the first M.U.D where I was a coder, back in the days before the internet was full of pretty pictures and kids. It was all very geeky and sexy back then, ahhh how i miss that...

The point you addressed about how its simply easier to find games for PC was my whole point about saying PCs are better for gaming. It had nothing to do with the hardware IMO.

Well, to be fair for old games it is true, which is why I have a PC in reserve. I like quite a few old games, for newer ones there hasn't been anything I wanted to play that isn't available to mac, and, to be fair, even the old ones I can play on mac with steam or mac games. I have the PC because I'm a bit of a geek, not because I necessarily need it. Thing is, having owned and used both fo, Gods, 20 or more years (that scares me) I know that although mac is more expensive, it will last longer than a PC. My first imac was a year old hand-me-down (imac, not mac in general). I was more into games and needed windows for work, it seemed stupid to buy one and I wasn't convinced it would be worth the money. It was a year old when I was given it. First thing I did was partition it with windows. That got replaced though before long because it simply wasn't needed and quite frankly iOS was far more reliable. I still have that imac. Granted I don't use it everyday anymore, it sits tucked away acting as a secondary media server. In the time I've had that, I've got through 6 PC's. Discounting upgrades. Now, I'm no mathematician but I'd say 1 imac is cheaper than 6 pc's. I don't use it now because it is old and outdated. It still works though and works well. Yes the price is a big downer but ultimately it is worth it.

Overall, as much as I would love to deny it PC will remain more popular for gamers. PC is cheap to buy and although unreliable in many aspects, most PC users only have other PC's to draw on for comparison so as long as windows looks pretty it will remain the fore runner with gaming. Most PC users don't realise how easy it is to play a PC game on a mac, let alone that they could run windows on said mac if they were daft enough to want to. Partition with windows you essentially have a PC.

Note: I've used the term PC in the common useage sense, might get confusing if I used it in the correct sense. Yes I've dumbed down. Yes I am twitching.
  • destructor2013
    Options
    I have so many games in my backlog it's ridiculous. Lately I've been playing a lot of Diablo III (never got my main character to max level). Probably go back to either Assassin's Creed or Half Life 2 after that. Haven't beaten either of those yet either. I missed out on a lot of games being a former WoW player and thus almost all of my game time was taken up by that.
  • valandario
    valandario Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Another gamer here, World of Warcraft was my 'thing' for 7 years (yes, 7) but I quit when they gave us pandas. Because pandas. 'nuff said.

Playing League of Legends now, come meet me on EUW, midlane Talon wtfpwing everything ;)

A fellow panda hater! I started wow in vanilla. So was at it for a good 7 years *cough*. Played a holy priest as main then had pretty much everything but rogue maxed, well I say I didn't have rogue, I did but was for the lock picking so that I could max out ravenholdt rep, that was before they dumbed it all down with those bloody pandas. Achievements were my thing. Those and Pets. I collected pets and mounts from the start, every bit of space was maxed out with my main thanks to it lol, the day they introduced achievements and the pet and mount thing was huge for me. I went from guildies taking the piss to receiving their awe lol. I worked hard at rep, before achieves, etc, so had most immediately, can't say how hard that was. Pandaland expansion was like a slap in the face for me. It basically pissed all over everything and handed everyone everything on a silver platter. I'd always played holy/disc priest, had been through all the crap, how under powered, then over powered, then under powered they were. Panda land was a joke, even priests had to admit they were unplayable over powered. Took all the fun out. Add to all that annoying kids shouting and screaming constantly, rage quits and the like. Enough was enough. I logged off and didn't go back.

In a year or so I might even delete wow... Not yet, you never know...openraid looks tempting, I do like old content...
  • jaysonhijinx
    jaysonhijinx Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Used to be a pretty heavy gamer thrashing stuff like the COD and Battlefield games, C&C, Half Life, Crysis etc. Then got into the MMO EVE Online and **** got hectic. Would get home from work and logon as soon as I got through the door, would play almost entire weekends and didn't leave the house. This went on for over 3 years.

Become more of a casual gamer now and won't touch an MMO as they're so easy to get sucked into!
  • benefiting
    Options

I spent a lot more time with AC3 by doing all the side quests in between the normal stories. I think I just didn't want it to end or my ocd is getting really bad.

Yeah, I haven't finished everything. Just the main story. I still need to finish the original AC and I'll probably go back and do the achievements on all 3 then do the next two AC. :p
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Used to be a pretty heavy gamer thrashing stuff like the COD and Battlefield games, C&C, Half Life, Crysis etc. Then got into the MMO EVE Online and **** got hectic. Would get home from work and logon as soon as I got through the door, would play almost entire weekends and didn't leave the house. This went on for over 3 years.

Become more of a casual gamer now and won't touch an MMO as they're so easy to get sucked into!

Totally agree about MMOs. Once you reach endgame content, or (in EVE's case) reach a high enough "level" (through SP) to actually become a significant component to a high-tier corp, it becomes virtually impossible to play it "casually." Logging into the game requires devoting 4 or more hours of your life to whatever it is you're about to do, and it's a commitment. It's virtually impossible to juggle that with a healthy lifestyle. Giving up MMOs was the best thing I could have ever done for my health. Being able to play a game for only 15-45 minutes before I call it quits is necessary for juggling it with fitness.
  • Suzmp85
    Suzmp85 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I play more facebook games. My biggest one is Marvel Avengers Alliance. :)
  • WonderWoman_5
    WonderWoman_5 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Call of duty Black Ops 2 since rent was due and couldn't get Ghosts this week :explode: :sad: :angry: :mad: :grumble: