AMA says to cancel Thanksgiving due to obesity epidemic

Options

Replies

• ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    I'm still only waiting on eggnog for Christmas time. Going to take a full day to drink nothing but eggnog. That's as far as my celebrating goes lol.

That's not a celebration, that's a diet.
    You celebrate however you choose to, that is how I will celebrate :)
  • in_the_stars
    in_the_stars Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    This is not real, it's just a roll. Sorry my friend, it's annoying me. :smile:
  • YesIAm17
    YesIAm17 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    That wouldn't be fair to all of the genetically blessed slim people. Maybe as people are purchasing there turkey and trimming they have to step on a scale and if their over weight there banned from buying it and maybe thrown in jail or something. I don't know. Just a thought.

k2p17.jpg
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I would also rather have french fries than mashed potatoes with cravy.

Apparently I like "bar food".

or poutine
  • ldrosophila
    Options
    I'm still only waiting on eggnog for Christmas time. Going to take a full day to drink nothing but eggnog. That's as far as my celebrating goes lol.

woah just the thought of this is like a mini orgasm of nothing but eggnogy bliss...sigh
  • ldrosophila
    Options
    maybe portion control is in order....

this is 'merika boy. We dont portion control. You think manifest destiny was about limp wristed portion control, huh do you do you?
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    You should only be able to buy a turkey or ham if you first pass a water density measure test at the checkout.

Problem solved.
  • mheebner
    mheebner Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    When Thanksgiving is outlawed, only outlaws will celebrate Thanksgiving.....
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    That wouldn't be fair to all of the genetically blessed slim people. Maybe as people are purchasing there turkey and trimming they have to step on a scale and if their over weight there banned from buying it and maybe thrown in jail or something. I don't know. Just a thought.

There is no such thing as genetically blessed thin people. There is NO gene basis for obesity, period.
    Obesity is LEARNED BEHAVIOR, So stop feeling sorry for yourself.
    BTW, think of a pound of fat as one turkey dinner. So if you are 30 pounds overweight, that is like walking around with thirty turkey dinners hanging off your body.

That's pretty harsh. Obviously, choosing foods to eat and performing exercise are behaviours that we can control. However, there is a large amount of scientific research regarding base metabolic rate and how genetics and environment (ie. caloric intake pre-birth) can affect your weight later in life... oh wait, I'm feeding the troll, aren't I.

Oh - scientific research? Do tell!
  • FJDodd
    FJDodd Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I am 100% behind this idea.

A holiday dedicated to eating? So wrong. So wrong. It should be illegal and anyone caught celebrating arrested.

Do you truly believe that this is a holiday dedicated to eating? No one is forcing you to over eat, no one is telling you you HAVE to make food that is unhealthy. I really cannot decide if you are that idiotic or just being a troll.
  • ldrosophila
    Options

There is no such thing as genetically blessed thin people. There is NO gene basis for obesity, period.
    Obesity is LEARNED BEHAVIOR, So stop feeling sorry for yourself.
    BTW, think of a pound of fat as one turkey dinner. So if you are 30 pounds overweight, that is like walking around with thirty turkey dinners hanging off your body.

Wait are you saying Mendel lied when he said there was a mechanism for inheritance!?! I'm devastated. Mendel was my hero and here I thought he was cooler than dumb ol' Darwin.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Question: will they still air "the Charlie Brown Thanksgiving a Special?"
  • Myhaloslipped
    Options
    Omit that "a"
  • ldrosophila
    Options

I dont care as long as they still air "Rudolph" and dont outlaw Christmas
  • CompressedCarbon
    CompressedCarbon Posts: 357 Member
    Options

Don't you think "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" and "A Charlie Brown Christmas" are better than "The Charlie Brown Thanksgiving Special"? On the basis of Charlie Brown cartoons, I'd want to go straight from Halloween to Christmas, but I treasure my family/food coma day so I'm not ready to follow the AMA's plan just yet.
  • cbmae
    cbmae Posts: 19
    Options
    My brain is about to melt trying to figure out if people seriously think Thanksgiving should be no more... or if it's all trolling...:indifferent:
  • Myhaloslipped
    Options

I dont care as long as they still air "Rudolph" and dont outlaw Christmas

:wink:
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    They can have my turkey leg when they pry it from my dead cold fingers.

Hi Mike!

Hi Beautiful.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    This is not real, it's just a roll. Sorry my friend, it's annoying me. :smile:
    I bet you're fun at parties.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I am 100% behind this idea.

A holiday dedicated to eating? So wrong. So wrong. It should be illegal and anyone caught celebrating arrested.

Do you truly believe that this is a holiday dedicated to eating? No one is forcing you to over eat, no one is telling you you HAVE to make food that is unhealthy. I really cannot decide if you are that idiotic or just being a troll.
    I think you should be put on the arrest list, as clearly you think this is just harmless celebrating. It's evil and wrong. It's worse than murder!