Family friendly ideas for chicken breasts

Options

Replies

• Bighank7752
    Options
    Season the breast, then wrap it in a slice of proscuito, then sautee it.. I also put a couple of fresh sage leaves under the prosciuto. Serve it with some Cannelini Beans or whatever veggies are in season. easy to do and tasty.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    REGULARLY (like 4 days a week) we sautee chicken with mushrooms, onions, zucchini, squash, green peppers, scallions (or some combination thereof) and just change up the spices. Sometimes we'll make curry, sometimes Mexican spices, other times more Italian spices, sometimes just some salt and garlic. I'm sure there are a thousand ways you could add flavors (that your little ones like) and cook it all together. It's quick, easy and super tasty. And it reheats well!

Good luck :smile:
    Sounds yum :) When using Summer squash, do you peel it, then chop it into chunks? I'm new to squash and unsure how to use it...... help please?

Other ways to cook it up? I so appreciate it, sounds great in a chicken stirfry :)

Becca
  • Jennifer22109
    Jennifer22109 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    This one is great for the entire family - my 5 year old even LOVES it!

Potato Flake Chicken

Basically you take a thawed out chicken breast, spray it with cooking spray and roll it around and coat it with instant potato flakes (I used 1 packet of Idahoan Garlic Potato, you can easily coat at least 4 chicken breast with 1 packet) Bake it in the oven at 400 degrees for about 20-25 min and YUMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!! They were so good. Not very fattening at all!!! Make sure you spray the top of the chicken after you coat them with a little more cooking spray (I used Pam Olive Oil spray) so the top gets all golden and crunchy. I made a couple adjustments from the recipe, like using garlic potato flakes and took the recommendation of one of the reviewers and used olive oil cooking spray instead of butter, but it turned out great. Anyway it has been a big hit in our houseso I am sharing the recipe. My 5 year old had seconds! We made it with some green beans and rice. Yum. You have to try it!

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=505683
  • Poot1971
    Poot1971 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Last nights dinner

2 chicken breast pounded thin

Stuff each chicken breast with cooked spinach, roasted red pepper strips and one ounce of goat cheese.

Coat with bread crumbs and bake
  • MamaBudda
    Options
    i cook boneless sknless chicken breast when they are cook i cube them in anothe rpot i cook a can of cream chicken soup and 8 ozs of sour cream when its hot,i put the cube chiken in a 9x13 oan pour the chicken soup mixture over the cubed chicken take a pack of ritz crackers crumbled up in about 1 cup of butter make a crust on top of the chicken bake in the oven at 350 for 45 minutes then serve it over rice or by its self with veggies on the side.I enjoy this but please leave it set after you take it out of the oven for a few minutes as i have burnt my mouth

My question to this recipe is: Do you use the fat free cream of chicken soup, fat free or at least reduced fat sour cream and have you tried the Promise spread in place of the butter. Please know that, I am not trying to criticize the recipe. It's just that, you don't say what types you are using and it really sounds good to me. Here is a site address that, gives us things we can subsitute if, we are trying to lose weight. http://www.livestrong.com/thedailyplate/nutrition-calories/food/nabisco/ritz-crackers/ :smile:

Ritz crackers
    Nutrition Facts
    Serving Size: 5 crackers (16g)

Amount per Serving
    Calories 80 Calories from Fat 40
    % Daily Value *
    Total Fat 4.5g 7%
    Saturated Fat 1g 5%
    Monounsaturated Fat 1g
    Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
    Trans Fat 0g
    Cholesterol 0mg 0%
    Sodium 135mg 6%
    Potassium 10mg 0%
    Total Carbohydrate 10g 3%
    Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
    Sugars 1g
    Protein 1g 2%
    Vitamin A0%
    Vitamin C0%
    Calcium2%
    Iron2%
    Vitamin D0%
    Vitamin E0%
    Vitamin B60%
    Vitamin B120%
    Zinc0%
    Est. Percent of Calories from:
    Fat 50.6% Carbs 50.0%
    Protein 5.0%

Regular cream of chicken soup:
    Nutrition Facts
    Serving Size: 1 cup

Amount per Serving
    Calories 160 Calories from Fat 48
    % Daily Value *
    Total Fat 3g 5%
    Saturated Fat 1.5g 8%
    Cholesterol 5mg 2%
    Sodium 860mg 36%
    Total Carbohydrate 25g 8%
    Dietary Fiber 8g 32%
    Sugars 4g
    Protein 8g 16%
    Vitamin A10%
    Vitamin C0%
    Calcium6%
    Iron10%
    Est. Percent of Calories from:
    Fat 16.9% Carbs 62.5%
    Protein 20.0%

Regular Sour Cream:
    Nutrition Facts
    Serving Size 1 tbsp

Amount Per Serving
    Calories from Fat 27Calories 31

% Daily Values*
    Total Fat 3.02g 5%
    Saturated Fat 1.879g 9%
    Polyunsaturated Fat 0.112g
    Monounsaturated Fat 0.872g
    Cholesterol 6mg 2%
    Sodium 8mg 0%
    Potassium 21mg
    Total Carbohydrate 0.61g 0%
    Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
    Sugars 0.02g
    Protein 0.46g

Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%

Calcium 2% Iron 0%

* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.

Nutrition Values are based on USDA Nutrient Database SR18
  • MamaBudda
    Options
    Thanks always looking for good recipe sites.:smile:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    doin the chicken bump:glasses:
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    i cook boneless sknless chicken breast when they are cook i cube them in anothe rpot i cook a can of cream chicken soup and 8 ozs of sour cream when its hot,i put the cube chiken in a 9x13 oan pour the chicken soup mixture over the cubed chicken take a pack of ritz crackers crumbled up in about 1 cup of butter make a crust on top of the chicken bake in the oven at 350 for 45 minutes then serve it over rice or by its self with veggies on the side.I enjoy this but please leave it set after you take it out of the oven for a few minutes as i have burnt my mouth

How is this even remotely healthy...butter, sour cream, ritz crackers and cans of cream soup???
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Last night I took 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut them into strips. In a shallow dish put 1 cup panko bread crumbs, 1 tablespoon paprika, 1 teaspoon onion powder, and 1 teaspoon lawrys seasoning salt . Next, I mixed the bread crumb mixture together with about 1 tablespoon of EVOO to keep it together. In a separate shallow bowl, beat one egg white and about 1 tablespoon of skim milk together. Dip the chicken into the egg, then into the Panko bread crumb mixture. Place chicken into a 400 degree oven for about 30 minutes or until juices run clear and chicken is done.
    These are the BEST....crunchiest chicken tenders I have ever had. My husband went WILD over them and want them again tonight. haha I got this from Jamie Oliver's website!

Also, if you go to this website...........http://www.angelfire.com/journal/wwrecipes/ It has tons of healthy recipes. Weight watchers. There is a poultry section.

Happy eating!!!!!!!!!! Stacey

This sounds delish!

Double ditto
  • Beebee78
    Options
    We do a stir fry with them or bake them, cut them up and add them to a salad xxx
  • nisijam5
    Options
    When using Summer squash, do you peel it, then chop it into chunks? I'm new to squash and unsure how to use it...... help please?

Other ways to cook it up? I so appreciate it, sounds great in a chicken stirfry :)

Becca

I am fairly new to squash as well; but, I have tried it this way...butter, maple syrup and some blue cheese crumbles...I bought it that way from the local deli...it was really good...thinking of making my own as well so I know exactly what goes in
  • bigmama65
    bigmama65 Posts: 2,529 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing these yummy recipes.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Please know that, I am not trying to criticize the recipe. It's just that, you don't say what types you are using and it really sounds good to me. Here is a site address that, gives us things we can subsitute if, we are trying to lose weight. http://www.livestrong.com/thedailyplate/nutrition-calories/food/nabisco/ritz-crackers/ :smile:

Umm, your right to call this one out!!!
  • Mesmereyes
    Mesmereyes Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    These ideas are incredible! Thanks!
  • sgp329
    sgp329 Posts: 184
    Options
    We are loving chicken tacos! Sprinkle chicken with taco seasoning mix lightly and grill (I cook on a George Foreman grill). Cut into taco shell sized pieces and load with lettuce, a tiny dab of light sour cream and salsa. So good!
  • tcreech76
    Options
    Great ideas! I love getting new ideas, cause it is easy to get bored with my own cooking!
    Any good recipes for chicken enchiladas?
  • freemanamy22
    Options
    Super easy chicken salad -
    We just season them with salt, pepper & garlic powder and bake at 350 for about an hour. Then cube and add them to a bowl of chopped romaine hearts. I just add fat free ranch but he likes to add bacon bits & croutons, too.
  • brityn
    brityn Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Tonight I made "sunday chicken" (even though it was monday)
    4-6oz chicken breasts
    8oz. sliced baby bella mushrooms
    1 pkg. frozen artichoke hearts
    1c. fat free plain yogurt
    1 can healthy request cream of chicken soup
    garlic salt
    pepper

Place chicken in a square casserole dish. Sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper on both sides. Pour artichoke hearts and mushrooms on top. Mix soup and yogurt together and pour over chicken and veggies. Bake at 325 for 2 hours...servce over brown rice or whole wheat pasta
  • alissaanne
    Options
    I made this the other day and it was soooo great! Low fat and full of flavor! My daughter ate it right up and she is such a picky eater!! She even loved the extra cilantro on top!

4 Chicken Breasts- Thawed, trimmed etc.
    3/4 or 1 full onion cut long way
    2 Tbsp fresh minced garlic

1/4 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
    2-3 Tbsp Soy sauce
    1 Tbsp Cilantro

Mix together last 3 ingredients and set aside for later

Saute onions and garlic in 2 Tbsp oil. Add Chicken (I like to cut the breasts in half the long way to speed up cooking). Cook chicken until done throughout. Helps to cover the pan if possible. Add lime juice mixture and cover and let boil for a few minutes. Serve sprinkled with a small amount of cilantro for an awesome kick! Enjoy!!

Serve with a veggie or 2 and you are set!
  • KZOsMommy
    KZOsMommy Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    these all look YUMMMMY!!!