Girls: Bra size after weight loss?

Options
124»

Replies

• kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    I'm not at 160 yet but went from a 38DD to a 36D so far. I've been smaller so I think ultimately I'll wind up about a 34D?
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I started at 210 pounds and 38G bra, am currently 157 pounds and 32G bra.
  • lauraspberry
    lauraspberry Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm wondering if anyone can give me an idea of how much my cup size will shrink once I've lost the weight. I know it's a silly question but I'm really curious about it and I'm hoping some of you ca tell me your experience. I'm currently a 38DD and I weigh 211lbs(at 5'5"). My goal weight for now is 160lbs. What can I expect?

My boobs are barely existing to start with if I reach my goal of -10 more lbs my boobs might become concave
  • britneyy32
    britneyy32 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I started out as a 34 D, then went to a 32 DD (band size got smaller, not cup size), and now I'm a 32 D as my cup size finally got smaller. How much your boobs will shrink just depends on the individual, because some people lose fat from the boobs easily while others don't.
  • lauraspberry
    lauraspberry Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Little to Littler

From B to A to Negative boob size :(
  • vsangelwings95
    vsangelwings95 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    36C at 143, 32B/30C at 120
  • Angel03744
    Angel03744 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hmm, I must be weird lol
    I've gone from a 42C to a 36D ( Nope I was not wearing the wrong size to start with, I've always been measured before purchasing bras!)
  • SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Hmm, I must be weird lol
    I've gone from a 42C to a 36D ( Nope I was not wearing the wrong size to start with, I've always been measured before purchasing bras!)

That's actually a two cup size drop, because you go up a cup size every time you go down a band size.

I've gone from a 34F to a 30F and that has been a drop of two cup sizes, even though the letter stayed the same.
  • RedVelvetCurls
    RedVelvetCurls Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Your weight is exactly where I started. I was a 36G, I'm 5'3" you see. By the end of it all, I'm about 130lbs and I'm now a 30E.

Also, I don't know who else has advised this because I don't have time to read the whole topic, but use a firming lotion on your chest area as you lose weight, your skin will thank you for it.
  • Siansonea
    Siansonea Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm wondering if anyone can give me an idea of how much my cup size will shrink once I've lost the weight. I know it's a silly question but I'm really curious about it and I'm hoping some of you ca tell me your experience. I'm currently a 38DD and I weigh 211lbs(at 5'5"). My goal weight for now is 160lbs. What can I expect?

My boobs are barely existing to start with if I reach my goal of -10 more lbs my boobs might become concave

Small boobies make you look thinner. And you're young, enjoy your "clothes friendly" bust while you're young. :wink:
  • Angel03744
    Angel03744 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Mine look massive now.. gawds knows how any one above a D copes lol
  • Dewymorning
    Dewymorning Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I haven't even lost that much weight, but I have gone from a 14FF to a 12G (which is a smaller cup, since a G in the 12 is the same as an F in 14), and I think I might need to get refitted again.

I know I won't go below a 12DD because that was my cup size during puberty before I gained weight, but being a 12E would be nice.

Yay for shrinking boobs!
  • Dewymorning
    Dewymorning Posts: 762 Member
    Options

No, no, no. Your breasts are made of breast tissue and fat. When you lose weight you can lose the fat in your breasts, but you won't lose the amount of breast tissue that is in your breasts. Breast tissue is firmer then fat. So one idea of getting an idea of how much smaller you will get is giving your boobs a squeeze and work out how much if fat and how much is breast tissue.

This is how I know I can go down several cup sizes, but I will never be a C cup. :tongue:
  • Mini_horse_lover
    Mini_horse_lover Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I've lost 20kg so far and my bra size has gone from a 16C to a 12B, It also was an A at one point.
  • SamanthaH10
    SamanthaH10 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    At 255.5, I was a 44D
    At 146, I'm a 36/38C depending on where I shop.

Easily the most anger inducing part of weight loss! I want the girls back! LOL
  • JessicaLynneBaker
    Options
    When I was 200 lbs I wore a 40DDD now I'm 150 and a 34DD.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    Different for different people, I was 38DD, then 36DD. I tried on a 34DD and the band fit but the cup runneth over, if you get my drift, so I probably should be wearing a bigger cup size and smaller band but those get terribly expensive. I'm hoping that they shrink a little but eh, waiting until I'm at goal to buy more bras anyway.
  • discoveredamber
    discoveredamber Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I started at 220lbs bra size was a 40DD now I am 179.3lbs bra size 36D. Still have a lot to lose so I say my bra size will go down even more.
  • Siansonea
    Siansonea Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Gals, if you're still wearing the "discount store" sizes, measure yourselves properly and get good bras. I was wearing 34D, and it turns out that a 32E is a better fit with more support. Most people are wearing the wrong band and cup size, and they don't even know it. I bet a lot of gals here could use a properly fitting bra. It's a revelation!
  • ELIZZY20
    Options
    At my ideal weight (5'5, 128lbs) way back in highschool, I was a 32D. Now, at somewhere between 140-150 (I haven't weighed myself in months, and I've actively started dieting for the past 2 weeks), I'm a 34DD. I'm hoping to get back down once the weight comes off, as I tend to lose/gain totally proportionally: my belly, hips, and boobs all get bigger and smaller at the same time.