Big stomach to visible abs photos, please

Options
cssyti
cssyti Posts: 108 Member
I had/have a big stomach, I lost about 7 inches on my waist but I would like to eventually see some type of definition. I went from 47 in to 40.5 in waist. Still a ways to go.

If you had a big stomach and now you can see your abs, will you please post your before and after pics for some inspiration.

Please :flowerforyou:

Replies

• jhloves2knit
    jhloves2knit Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I have a big stomach and a big waist too, but I don't have any answers. I have a question: How did you lose the inches around your waist?
  • cssyti
    Options
    I have a big stomach and a big waist too, but I don't have any answers. I have a question: How did you lose the inches around your waist?

Eating 1200 calories a day, I ate about half my calories back from exercising. I did a 90 day program called Jillian Michaels Total Body Revolution. it comes with 3 different phases, 5 DVDs in each phase.
  • ehimass
    ehimass Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Ok, not the best, my lower abdobmen is still pretty messy but I can at least begin to see my abs after going from 290 to 165 lbs. I'm hoping in another 10 lbs it will improve more. It seems like mostly, you just have to get real skinny to expose them, as I don't have much muscle mass as you can see. I'm sure tons of people will put me to shame in this regard. Sorry, don't have a picture from 290 because it was just too gross, but you get the idea.

240 lbs:obese.jpg

165 lbs:
    after.jpg
  • cssyti
    Options
    great job!
  • monisiaczeq
    monisiaczeq Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    the thing with abs is that they are made in the kitchen.. doing 100000 sit ups will mean nothing if you dont eat right! so make sure your diet is as clean as possible- no processed foods or stuff full of fat. obviously any kind of core exercise will help too! and just stay patient! your abs are there, sometimes they are a bit shy ;)
  • meg_bal
    Options
    bump
  • mz_grim
    mz_grim Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    c6307d24-6fb3-46ca-9f9c-d04f460a8b33.jpg

No Visable abs as yet but have reduced waist from 46.5 inch to 35 inch
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    I had/have a big stomach, I lost about 7 inches on my waist but I would like to eventually see some type of definition. I went from 47 in to 40.5 in waist. Still a ways to go.

If you had a big stomach and now you can see your abs, will you please post your before and after pics for some inspiration.

Please :flowerforyou:

The picture on the left is me at 228lbs. The picture on the right is me 2 months ago at 192 lbs.
    10067067346_a131833b47.jpg
    Untitled by crochetmom2010, on Flickr

this is me in late august. If you look at the picture on the left, you can see my obliques starting to come in.
    9603045832_e20cbf450f.jpg
    before plank challenge by crochetmom2010, on Flickr
  • Winwin101
    Winwin101 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    OMG! :noway: You look amazing! Congrats. All your hard work and dedication have certainly paid off. :drinker:
  • CharleePear
    CharleePear Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    I also have a big stomach, I have been going at it for 3 months and only have lost 4kg so far. My stomach size is not changing, same inches and everything. I am trying all the ab challenges and stuff but can't seem to get rid of my stomach. I see differences in my arms and legs boobs and hips but my stomach is a huge as ever. Not cool genetics, not cool Anyone got any advice?
  • Shellinabobina
    Shellinabobina Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    So proud of all of you! Each of you looks awesome! Keep it up! Very inspirational. :)
  • rahlpn
    rahlpn Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Profile pic <<<<< Not defined abs obviously but much better! My waist went from 38 inches to currently 32, hips from 52 inches to currently 42.
  • Songbirdcw
    Songbirdcw Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Awesome job ladies & gents!
  • Bluepopsicle_25
    Bluepopsicle_25 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    <
    See photos. Main one is from today!! :happy:
  • lauraspberry
    lauraspberry Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    My tummy seems impossible everywhere else is toning. I might end up looking like

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSDuSUYp7JBl0a7Y7Wpusy5f0xminIDVRH3mh_-6h0FjALK4w2hiQ
  • 40lbs10mos
    40lbs10mos Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Richardson62617
    Richardson62617 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mpatternmaker
    mpatternmaker Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Profile pic <<<<< Not defined abs obviously but much better! My waist went from 38 inches to currently 32, hips from 52 inches to currently 42.

congratulations, you look great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!