The scariest thing that ever happened to you?

Options

Replies

• chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I locked myself out on a balconly 8th floor, home alone, phone inside. I got rescued by my next door neighbor(i think 1 hour later) then I called the locksmith to get back inside because my front door was locked too :indifferent:
  • LPcsu79
    Options
    One time I joined a fitness site and found out that there are some horny people out there.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    A very large and muscular Marine officer, who was my date (second date - seemed like a nice guy) and only ride home, decided I wanted rough sex (even though I was repeatedly asking him to leave) and that "No!", really meant "Yeah Baby". Clothes were ripped and I got pretty well manhandled including being picked up and thrown to the floor, until I suppose it dawned on him that a rape accusation would probably ruin his career and he left (acting like I had been asking for it, and was being silly and unreasonable). Then texted later thanking me for the nice time. Blocked his number and cried. And wondered for ages if he would show up again some day and break my pitiful door down. Thinking back, I don't know why I didn't report him.
  • heylookitsval
    heylookitsval Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    One time I joined a fitness site and found out that there are some horny people out there.

nicholas-cage-you-dont-say.gif
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    I locked myself out on a balconly 8th floor, home alone, phone inside. I got rescued by my next door neighbor(i think 1 hour later) then I called the locksmith to get back inside because my front door was locked too :indifferent:

Oh yeah. I forgot I locked myself out of the house once. Naked. :sick:
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    It is a tie.
    While in the Army, I had the pleasure of being deployed to Somolia.
    To cut to the chase, I kicked in a door and the guy on the other side fired two rounds at me with an AK-47. He was about 10 feet away and missed. That was scary.

Fast forward 8 years. Married and (this is important), I became a Jehovahs Witness.
    The religion is important because we don't take blood.
    Anyway, my wife is in labor with our first Son. As he came out, I heard the Doctor say "Uh oh". Now, if there is ONE place you don't want to hear that, it is in a delivery room.
    I look at him and say "Uh oh what?"
    He looks at me and said "You guys are Jehovah's Witnesses, right?"
    For what it's worth, that is probably the ONLY time you DON'T want to hear that question.
    I nonned my head and he said something or made a signal. The room suddenly filled up with people.
    My wife was bleeding to death from "up there". The baby, as he came out, had torn some arteries inside of her.
    They rushed her into the OR and, for a solid hour, I had no idea if she was dead or alive.
    (spoiler alert.. she lived)
    That was the most terrifying hour of my life.

So I guess you took blood?
    No.. They pumped her full of saline solution. I would imagine it is different then the one we use for our contact lenses but, they gave her a LOT of it.
    When talking to the doctor a few weeks later, he told me that as soon as they would clamp one tear, they would find the other one further up.
    I can't remember how many stitches it took but, I do remember a LOT of blood.
    My poor wife had "Fred Flinstone" feet for about two weeks.
    The doctor explained how close she actually came to bleeding out and he was very proud (as he should have been) of the fact that he was able to save her without the use of blood.
    Our next child was a C section.
    And for the record, MUCH less drama.

Glad it all worked out well in the end. Labour/birth can be VERY traumatic. My 2nd was traumatic hence her being our last child :sad: but I'd rather my family have a mother who was alive than an extra child! I don't want to take any risks.
  • csalgado93
    Options
    I poured cereal and found out that there was no milk.
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Have a few stories but they are quite traumatic and too damn disturbing to share but lets go with what doesn't kill you only make you stranger.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    My stories are not suitable for these boards :(
  • Pablotaz
    Options
    bump
  • taunto
    Options
    My stories are not suitable for these boards :(

Everything goes on the forums

You sound sooo cute when you think that about my stories.
  • tattygun
    tattygun Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Salvia....never again.
  • TheNoLeafClover
    TheNoLeafClover Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Fear and I are well acquainted. I experience a lot of disturbing sleep-related phenomena. Sleep paralysis, for example. It's different for everyone, but for me, it can feel like i'm being slowly suffocated, like I'm being dragged out of bed or like something is tearing me open, draining all of the life and happiness out of me and replacing it with darkness, pain and terror. It's what I'd imagine a dementor's kiss to feel like. It's very vivid, very intense, and not something I'd wish on anyone.

I also have a lot of nightmares/night terrors stemming from trauma and childhood abuse. I've woken up 100% convinced I'm either dying or completely losing my mind. And on occasion, I wake up with exploding head syndrome, which my imagination convinces me is either my brain finally giving up or the apocalypse.
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    I don't know if any of you in the US heard about the riots that happened in the UK?

I live in the heart of the city center of Birmingham. I got sent home from work early, and my boss dropped me off close to my apartment and I suddenly realised I had no keys with me and I had to wait for my housemate to get home. I was walking around the streets, everything was closed, with hundreds of the rioters walking around in masks, hoods up, bats, etc, etc... That actually wasn't so bad because they weren't in it to hurt people, they just wanted to smash things.

The scary part came when I actually got in. We gathered all our friends together and it was all pretty surreal looking out the window at all the hooded figures and riot vans. Then we felt the entire apartment shake and heard lots of shouting. Looked out the window to see that they had set fire to a huge rubbish bin (the big big kind on wheels), and were ramming it into the shop that we lived directly above.
  • Wilhellmina
    Wilhellmina Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Being born :)
  • JilloftheDead
    JilloftheDead Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    My 4 year old was missing for 20 minutes in Target.. it seems harmless, but when you're a mom and you don't know where your child is for 20 minutes, it's terrifying. The staff blocked the exits to the store and had to clear each department one by one to find him. I think my heart was stopped the entire time.
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    My mum being diagnosed with cancer was pretty scary.....

THIS TOO.
  • taunto
    Options
    You sound sooo cute when you think that about my stories.

I just like a good laugh and most of your posts do that to me

Alright, I will share but be warned that you asked for it and its not a funny story.

Wow... okay, I wasn't sure if I was ever going to tell anyone about this, but it's late and I'm sleep deprived so i guess I'll just write it now and regret it in the morning

First of all, - just for some background: My mom died right when I was born, (she was actually really, really hot- but this isn't about her. I guess that's messed up to say, but whatever.) I actually grew up with my dad's family, because my dad has all sorts of emotional issues and he bailed before I was born. So you can see, my childhood was really kind of messed up.

Anyways, growing up I feel like there was always a lot of distance between me and my sister. When I was about 17 or 18 I first noticed that my sister was a hottie.

I don't want to go into to many details about it, but basically what happened is that I accidentally found a video that she made of herself. I knew she didn't make it for me- but I thought she was so beautiful that I watched it twice. (probably would have watched it a hell of a lot more, except that like right around the time I found the video, all this crazy stuff went down and I had to leave home. (My dad's family who I was staying with got in bad trouble with the law. I never talk about it).

Sooo... I was totally lusting after my sister at that point. She was also having bad trouble with the law. She was actually in custody when I left home.

My friend and I went to go pick her up. When I saw her that day, after seeing the video, I have to be honest, I just wanted to do her. Looking back on it now, it's pretty messed up- but I think she had feelings for me too. She actually kissed me right after we came to get her... and it wasn't a sisterly kiss, you know? I mean, it wasn't like ridiculously sexual or anything, but it definitely wasn't sisterly.

After we left, we all went to crash with my Sister's friends. On the trip there, my friend sort of implied that he wanted to get with my Sister, and I got a little jealous. He's a good looking guy- and even though she was my sister- I just felt like he was competition. Not much else happened between us for a while except some maybe-sexy hugging.

Pretty much everyone in my life at that point was wanted by the government, so we all moved around a lot. I'm not saying that I'm proud of it or anything, but it was kind of an awesome time.

My friend and my sister never hooked up I don't think- but I thought there was some serious sexual tension going on between them. It was around that time that I got really badly hurt in an accident. It was messed up. I almost died. But when I was in recovery my sister came to see me, and out of the clear blue sky she started gives me this awesome, slow, passionate kiss on the lips.

Sadly (although, I guess for the best) nothing ever came of it. We spent some time apart... and I started to get really religious, so I tried not to think of her that way. It was actually going well for a long time- like I was totally over her. But I have to say, like a year or so after all that stuff went down, we were out sailing (not like a date or anything romantic like that), and she was wearing like the hottest bikini I've ever seen and it brought back all the old feelings. Sigh.

A little while later she actually wound up with my friend from before (the sexual tension guy). I can't say I was surprised.

But even after she was shacking up with my friend, there was one time we were at a party... my friend was inside, and my sister and I were outside alone. It was a really intimate moment. I think something might have happened, except that I killed the mood when I told her that Darth Vader was our father and that I had to go face him.
  • expoduck
    Options
    Oh my god, Taunto. :D