hooking up with the ex good or bad

Options
Broderick50
Broderick50 Posts: 851 Member
Ok I know this one may get locked quick. But yesterday my recent ex like 3 months ago told me she wants to be friends with benefits. Usually I'm not friends with any of my exes just not a good policy, but I'm leaning toward breaking that rule. My question is do you guys think it can be done and not get complicated and messy with our breakup being recent it will be hard to seperate feelings.

Replies

• Followingsea
    Followingsea Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Bad idea, IMO.

With exes the best way to recover is to go no contact and STAY no contact, for a good length of time.

If you still even have ghosts of feelings for your ex, sleeping with her is just going to fan them back up into life and then you'll be in for a world of emotional hurt. She's an ex for a reason, right?
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    this won't end well.
  • ilmb87
    ilmb87 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Just say no.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    It will probably get complicated and messy. Most things usually do. If one of you were to develop feelings and the other doesn't you're just asking for trouble.
  • Broderick50
    Options
    Ok I know this one may get locked quick. But yesterday my recent ex like 3 months ago told me she wants to be friends with benefits. Usually I'm not friends with any of my exes just not a good policy, but I'm leaning toward breaking that rule. My question is do you guys think it can be done and not get complicated and messy with our breakup being recent it will be hard to seperate feelings.

I thought you were giving back all the gifts?
    Dude, I can hardly keep up.

I did give everything back she approached me with this yesterday
  • OneThrone
    OneThrone Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Not good. She's an ex for a reason.
  • FerretBuellerr
    FerretBuellerr Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Definetly will not end well if you pursue that. At all. Jealousy will ensue eventually when either yourself of herself find another partner.
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Can it be done? Sure. But why would you want to at this point in time?
  • donthesitate
    donthesitate Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Bad idea, in my experience
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    Hit it and quit it!
  • SapphCas
    SapphCas Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Getting back with an ex isn't always complicated. Circumstance dependent.

However, being friends with benefits with an ex always is.
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Nope - not a good idea because you mentioned the "F" word - feelings!

Find a FWB if that's what you want but with someone else - someone you have had no previous bad history with. Just my thoughts.

:flowerforyou:
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Very few FWB situations are true FWB situations. Usually there's one party secretly hoping it turns into more.
  • charliex2202
    charliex2202 Posts: 4,281 Member
    Options
    I completely understand the urge to accept something rather then nothing. but I think you are likely to end up worse off then when you started. there is a reason she became an ex, move on you are better than a friends with benefits kind of deal,,...

~Charlie
  • Broderick50
    Options
    Can it be done? Sure. But why would you want to at this point in time?

Why cause it's been 3 months since I had sex and there ain't a lot of prospects in Beckley,WV.