hooking up with the ex good or bad

Options

Replies

• MartiCat70
    MartiCat70 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Don't do it... I swear you'll both have the same problems you did before. It'll end badly.
  • Sovictorrious
    Sovictorrious Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    The good news is your *kitten* number does not go up. The bad news is that it is a horrible idea.
  • gloriaallen36
    gloriaallen36 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    NEVA!! :smokin:
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    Hit it and quit it!

Yeah, like THAT won't cause problems. :noway:

Like someone else said: She's an ex for a reason. Keep it that way.

Seems like he has problems at the moment..bottom line, get yours and give it to her...Don't stay the night, don't hold hands....tell her when she wants it give you a call...go over there, hit it get up and head home...SHe will either call you again or not...

It worked for me after my divorce....
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Some of the best sex I ever had with my first wife was when I was married to my second wife. And third wife.

I have been faithful to my fourth wife for 25 years now.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    I get what people are saying, and it may not be the best idea, however, I am going to play Devil's Advocate here:

1) "this will not end well" - you know what? most relationships don't end well. even when you marry someone and stay with him/her the rest of your life, odd are you had a few bad relationships before that one. it really isn't a valid reason.

2) the breakup is fresh, but there are new expectations. as long as the expectations are kept in check, that it's FWB only, then what's the big deal? i don't know who left whom, but as long as either of you are not trying to use it as a way to get back together full time, then WTH

3) Since it is FWB - you can stop it any time. If you think things are going awry, just stop, and explain why.

4) West Virginia, represent.

I almost convinced myself that this could work.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    it just gets messy. I have tried it before and it did not work out well. any time there are feelings involved sex is not just sex.

find yourself a fwb that you have no feelings for if you want the shenanigans. even if your ex was great in bed I guarantee there's someone out there who's better. emotional turmoil is never ok no matter how good the sex is.
  • AprilMae1975
    Options
    Never a good idea....she's an ex for a reason. Leave the past in the past.
  • Broderick50
    Broderick50 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Can it be done? Sure. But why would you want to at this point in time?

Why cause it's been 3 months since I had sex and there ain't a lot of prospects in Beckley,WV.

Dude... keep looking, seriously. This is the express train to heartache. 3 months isn't so bad.

when you were used to 3 times a day for the last year 3 months is awful

did she dump you or did you dump her?

she dumped me
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Never a good idea.

Unless that's some fine strange... and even then, that's not a port for just any storm.
  • AprilMae1975
    Options
    Can it be done? Sure. But why would you want to at this point in time?

Why cause it's been 3 months since I had sex and there ain't a lot of prospects in Beckley,WV.

Dude... keep looking, seriously. This is the express train to heartache. 3 months isn't so bad.

when you were used to 3 times a day for the last year 3 months is awful

did she dump you or did you dump her?

she dumped me

Wow......you need to work on moving forward. Living without sex is better than settling for it with someone who dumped you.
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Usually not a good idea .. as in most cases there is just too much water under the bridge for it to be a good idea. But .. ex sex can be a great thing.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,118 Member
    Options
    I think you should try it.

Then you'll know.

Please keep us updated. We :heart: trainwrecks here at MFP.
  • jeffd247
    jeffd247 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Here's a pretty good rule of thumb... "If you have to ask if something is a bad idea, it probably is"
  • SofaKingRad_II
    Options
    Dude, no.
  • markiend
    markiend Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    So you used to be the star quarterback but then got benched ..... now she is saying she wants to bring you off the bench every once in a while ? Until some new player becomes available in the draft ?

Seriously... walk and force her to face the consequence of her actions and grab some self respect.
  • emilyc85
    emilyc85 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I was "friends with benefits" With an ex, but had had also been broken up for YEARS! I know it wouldn't have worked if it had been close to the break-up. So close is not a good idea :/ I would just walk away dude.