hooking up with the ex good or bad

Replies

• lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    There are three ways this could turn out:

Option 1.
    You will have these 'benefits' and both thoroughly enjoy them until one of you finds another partner. Then jealousy and problems will ensue.

Option 2:
    You will have these 'benefits' and both thoroughly enjoy them until one of you suggests getting back together. One will say no, and jealousy and problems will ensue.

Option 3:
    You will have these 'benefits' and both thoroughly enjoy them until one of you suggests getting back together. The other will agree, and eventually you will no doubt split for the same reasons you split the first time, until one of you suggests being 'friends with benefits'.
  • Greywalk
    Greywalk Posts: 193 Member
    Are you...no you are aren't...MAN Rule # 1 She is an ex for a reason, never go back.
  • Followingsea
    Followingsea Posts: 407 Member
    Can it be done? Sure. But why would you want to at this point in time?

Why cause it's been 3 months since I had sex and there ain't a lot of prospects in Beckley,WV.

Dude... keep looking, seriously. This is the express train to heartache. 3 months isn't so bad.
  • Adw7677
    Adw7677 Posts: 201 Member
    Bad idea, IMO.

With exes the best way to recover is to go no contact and STAY no contact, for a good length of time.

If you still even have ghosts of feelings for your ex, sleeping with her is just going to fan them back up into life and then you'll be in for a world of emotional hurt. She's an ex for a reason, right?

^^^ All of this. Go get a different friend with benefits. There are plenty of girls that like sex, they just can't announce it the way that guys do.
  • Broderick50
    Broderick50 Posts: 842 Member

Why cause it's been 3 months since I had sex and there ain't a lot of prospects in Beckley,WV.

Dude... keep looking, seriously. This is the express train to heartache. 3 months isn't so bad.

when you were used to 3 times a day for the last year 3 months is awful
  • TheGirlsATimeBomb
    TheGirlsATimeBomb Posts: 434 Member
    i did it and had no regrets. we are just friends now, but it lasted a while, and never got messy. he started talking to another girl, me another guy, and it stopped, and we are just friends.

trust your gut.
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member

And? It's not going to kill you to go without it for awhile, ya know.
  • them punks like to hit it and quit it
    And I'd rather stay and play
  • Followingsea
    Followingsea Posts: 407 Member

when you were used to 3 times a day for the last year 3 months is awful

did she dump you or did you dump her?
  • hikezilla
    hikezilla Posts: 174 Member
    That's a Negative, Ghostrider.
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member

And there it is, the REAL reason for the question. You just want vaildation. Sorry, won't get it here.
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Not good. She's an ex for a reason.

i seacond this not good
  • MartiCat70
    MartiCat70 Posts: 59 Member
    Don't do it... I swear you'll both have the same problems you did before. It'll end badly.
  • Sovictorrious
    Sovictorrious Posts: 770 Member
    The good news is your *kitten* number does not go up. The bad news is that it is a horrible idea.
  • gloriaallen36
    gloriaallen36 Posts: 123 Member
    NEVA!! :smokin:
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Hit it and quit it!

Yeah, like THAT won't cause problems. :noway:

Like someone else said: She's an ex for a reason. Keep it that way.

Seems like he has problems at the moment..bottom line, get yours and give it to her...Don't stay the night, don't hold hands....tell her when she wants it give you a call...go over there, hit it get up and head home...SHe will either call you again or not...

It worked for me after my divorce....
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Some of the best sex I ever had with my first wife was when I was married to my second wife. And third wife.

I have been faithful to my fourth wife for 25 years now.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    I get what people are saying, and it may not be the best idea, however, I am going to play Devil's Advocate here:

1) "this will not end well" - you know what? most relationships don't end well. even when you marry someone and stay with him/her the rest of your life, odd are you had a few bad relationships before that one. it really isn't a valid reason.

2) the breakup is fresh, but there are new expectations. as long as the expectations are kept in check, that it's FWB only, then what's the big deal? i don't know who left whom, but as long as either of you are not trying to use it as a way to get back together full time, then WTH

3) Since it is FWB - you can stop it any time. If you think things are going awry, just stop, and explain why.

4) West Virginia, represent.

I almost convinced myself that this could work.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    it just gets messy. I have tried it before and it did not work out well. any time there are feelings involved sex is not just sex.

find yourself a fwb that you have no feelings for if you want the shenanigans. even if your ex was great in bed I guarantee there's someone out there who's better. emotional turmoil is never ok no matter how good the sex is.
  • Never a good idea....she's an ex for a reason. Leave the past in the past.