Half the Woman I Used to Be: 300 to 140's with Pics

1yoyoKAT
1yoyoKAT Posts: 206 Member
Today was another milestone on my journey. I made it down into the 140’s. I actually weigh less than what it says on my driver’s license. The last time I was in the 140’s was 35 years ago, and today, I made it back there. I feel empowered, unstoppable and amazed.

I’ve shed over half of my body from my highest weight. Aside from all the tactical things I’ve been doing to achieve this loss, I’ve been trying to pinpoint the key overall strategy that has led to this success. For me, the most challenging transformation has been how I treat myself. I had to forgive myself for past mistakes and poor decisions. I had to let go of the regrets and the what-ifs. I had to be willing to put myself first. I had to treat myself with respect and embrace the belief that I deserved it.

In changing myself on the inside, I’ve enabled the exterior metamorphosis. Losing the pounds has been the byproduct of having a new attitude towards myself. Instead of will power, I developed won’t power. I won’t let negativity or food control my life. I won’t make decisions that hurt me. I won’t give up on ME.

I’ve always been an all or nothing type person, and that worked against me many times. But I’ve learned to have more balance in my life. I don’t have to be perfect. I don’t have to give up when I make a mistake. I haven’t failed as long as I don’t stop trying.

There is a song chorus I think of a lot when I feel like I‘m just not good enough:

Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in.

My advice to anyone who is trying to lose a significant amount of weight…

Don’t let anyone (including yourself) ever tell you it can’t be done, because you can do it too. Right now, today, this minute, this second, make your health your priority. Yes, food tastes sweet, but your life is sweeter. Forgive yourself for mistakes you’ve made in the past, the past is behind you the second after it happens. You don’t need to wait until tomorrow, or Monday, or the first of a month to start. Every minute is a chance for a new beginning. Take it and run with it.

Do what you can do with what you have where you are. Yes, you can do it. Yes, you deserve it. Yes, you are worth it. You have everything you need to make it happen… it’s all inside of you. :flowerforyou:

Before
ohizvp.jpg

Now
2803vc2.jpg

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!