What's your favorite healthy breakfast choice?

Options
1235»

Replies

• snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ljw5021
    ljw5021 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Microwave 1/2 cup dry oats, 6 egg whites, and 1 cup of water until it stops being so soupy / you're satisfied with the consistency.

Add some stevia + cinnamon and baby you've got a stew goin'.

Tastes just like oatmeal to me and gives me the protein I'm looking for. I multiply the above by 1.5 since I'm a big guy.
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    WhiteRabbit1313 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I've been making "cookies" that I can bring to work to have breakfast when I'm ready, and they are so good! Mix 3 mashed bananas and 1 cup oatmeal, shape into cookies and bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees. You can add 1/2 cup of mix-ins...this week it's sunflower seeds and mini dark chocolate chips

Interesting...I must try this :)

I usually eat one of these options:

1. 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt, 1 tsp honey, and cinnamon
    2. 1/2 cup oatmeal, tsp of honey or brown sugar, and cinnamon (or dried fruit)
    3. 1/2 cup cottage cheese with mandarin oranges
    4. thin sliced cheddar and salami and a piece of fruit.

Yum!
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    Options
    I always have a huge breakfast at the dining hall (I'm in college) because it needs to give me energy to last until my classes are done for the day.

My usual:
    1. bowl of oatmeal
    2. fruit (usually either cantaloupe or green grapes depending on what the dining hall has)
    3. Whole wheat english muffin with peanut butter
    4. 3 egg whites
    5. cup of coffee AND glass of water

I love this breakfast because I find it's a good balance of carbs, protein, and fat and it usually gives me enough energy to last until I can eat again!

You get to eat all of this in ONE breakfast, or are these 5 options?
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    Options
    I always have a huge breakfast at the dining hall (I'm in college) because it needs to give me energy to last until my classes are done for the day.

My usual:
    1. bowl of oatmeal
    2. fruit (usually either cantaloupe or green grapes depending on what the dining hall has)
    3. Whole wheat english muffin with peanut butter
    4. 3 egg whites
    5. cup of coffee AND glass of water

I love this breakfast because I find it's a good balance of carbs, protein, and fat and it usually gives me enough energy to last until I can eat again!

You get to eat all of this in ONE breakfast, or are these 5 options?

Oh...never mind. I just re-read the entire comment. LOL!
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    On work days I generally have a protein shake made with skin mile, and sometimes with greek yogurt and fruit added.

Saturday mornings I try to have something different like pancakes, eggs and some type of meat, etc.

Sundays I leave early, also. Usually have cereal.
  • Lecterman
    Lecterman Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal, banana, and peanut butter
  • jmspies_wechanged
    Options
    My breakfast is always a protein. An egg with spinach on a piece of toast or English muffin, peanut butter toast, Greek yogurt and fruit. And a cup of hot tea or water. This keeps me full for awhile And then I have a small snack of fruit before lunch. Hope that helps any.