1 Pound a DAY

Options
1235»

Replies

• nklp
    nklp Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    The NHS website suggests that a very low-calorie (VLC) diet (one of 1,000 calories or less per day) is suitable for some people, so long as it's for less than 13 weeks and the individual is under supervision. I'm on one myself, and although I'm sure mine is water weight/no longer bloating, I've lost 6lbs and one inch off my waist in four days, using a VLC diet and blogalaties for my cardio and toning. It's very early days for me, but I'm aiming to continue a VLC diet for a full 12 week period (which is going to be VERY tricky over the holidays!) as I also suffer from really bad back pain due to the amount of weight placed on my spine and lack of muscles. Once I've lost the initial load of weight and am able to move more freely, I want to move on to a healthy, balanced diet and start training to climb a mountain, but I can't do that with the weight that I'm currently carrying, and at the moment I struggle with portion control. Getting used to pre-prepared portion sizes and meal replacements might make me more aware of how obscene my portion sizes were before I began dieting, and using myfitnesspal to monitor my sugar intake ect is helping me to understand how I gained the weight in the first place, and which habits I'll need to kick in the future. I'm not attempting to reach my weightloss goals through VLC alone; just as a starter. What suits some people, suits some people.
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    This is going to make my Saturday!
  • MuseofSong
    MuseofSong Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    It is hard to eat alot of calories when it comes to only fruits and veggies. I've had that problem. I've eaten a huge veggie salad and it wasn't even 100 calories but I was bursting.

Because that's how we developed weight problems right? Eating those huge 100 calorie veggie salads!

And OP, seriously :yawn: Seriously . . .

This thread is so full of your troll posts, that I thought the forum had been transported to Mordor.

If you're going to Troll, at least make it funny.

m6xywhm

This thread is just your onanistic attempt at self-praise for starvation, which you know is not right, and I'm assuming you started a fake account just to stir drama.

(+10 points to counter-Trolling if you had to look up onanistic.)

For a real person, I'd be concerned. I'd hope they'd understand their problem, seek help, and a healthier diet. But since this whole thread is fake, my only wish for OP is Karma.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Do you really believe all of that weight coming off is fat?

Of course it isn't.

But what is the rest of it coming from? Muscle? Bone? Brain? Organs?

Is that supposed to be some sort of accomplishment?
  • MsPudding
    MsPudding Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I find it hard to believe that you are doing a Doctor supervised VLCD that advocates you eating nothing but apples in a day because that would mean you're completely lacking in many vitamins and minerals. Medically supervised VLCDs tend to involve food packs that give you the recommended daily intake of vits and minerals.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Does it matter

Yes. Certain boards are for certain subjects. This is the maintaining board. Take some time to learn how the forums work, for your own sake.

Actually it got moved in case you didnt notice.

So they *moved* this thread...

...but didn't just nuke it even with the VLCD stuff so far?

I don't even know what's happening around here lately...
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

QFT!
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options

NOBODY DOES!
    kim-jong-il-puppet-team-america.jpg
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    I find it hard to believe that you are doing a Doctor supervised VLCD that advocates you eating nothing but apples in a day because that would mean you're completely lacking in many vitamins and minerals. Medically supervised VLCDs tend to involve food packs that give you the recommended daily intake of vits and minerals.
    The 'medically supervised' (and I use the term very loosely) HCG diets are big on apples. Quackery at it's finest.
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Who invited Moon Moon? :grumble:
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Does it matter

Yes. Certain boards are for certain subjects. This is the maintaining board. Take some time to learn how the forums work, for your own sake.

Actually it got moved in case you didnt notice.

So they *moved* this thread...

...but didn't just nuke it even with the VLCD stuff so far?

Me either. The threads with VLCDieters go on forever and ever. smh
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    My money is on a troll.
  • QuilterInVA
    QuilterInVA Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    If you are losing 1-2 pounds a day and only have 15 pounds to go, you are losing more muscle than fat and that is dangerous. If you are really under a doc's supervision, he must have graduated at the bottom of his class.
  • QuincyChick
    QuincyChick Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    flFgB.gif
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Who invited Moon Moon? :grumble:

:laugh:
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I hope when you are eating all those apples you are not eating the pips. Apple pips contain cyanide and if you eat lots and lots you could get cyanide poisoning - well at least its one way to lose some weight.
  • egrusy
    egrusy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    This is going to make my Saturday!

^^^^
This discussion has been closed.