Any recipes with pumpkin besides pie?

Options
124»

Replies

• CMB1979
    CMB1979 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Any recipe with bread or waffles or pancakes or cake or cupcakes or pureed with honey and cinnamon and eaten like apple sauce etc etc etc.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    I like to make pumpkin risotto, pumpkin ravioli, cube it up- roast and serve with honey mustard

Pumpkin bread, pumpkin muffins, nom nom nom

http://smittenkitchen.com/pumpkin-winter-squash-recipes/
  • priscillaes87
    Options
    pumpkin bread and pumpkin/vanilla protein shake yumm yumm!!
  • CMB1979
    CMB1979 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
  • sportslifemom
    sportslifemom Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This is an excellent fall soup! I do not like pumpkin but this easy soup is amazing! I just love it!

Curried Pumpkin-Apple Soup
    What you'll need
    • 2 tablespoons butter
    • 1 cup chopped onion
    • 1 cup chopped celery
    • 1/2 large apple, peeled, cored, and chopped
    • 2 teaspoons mild curry powder
    • 3 cups chicken broth
    • 1 1/2 cups solidly packed pumpkin mash or canned pumpkin
    • 1/4 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
    • 1 whole bay leaf
    • 1/3 cup heavy cream
    • 2 to 3 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
    • Sour cream and chives, for garnish (optional)
    How to make it
    1. Melt the butter in a medium-size soup pot. Stir in the onion, celery, and apple. Partially cover the pot and sauté the ingredients over medium-high heat until the onion is clear, about 8 minutes. Stir in the curry powder and sauté the mixture for another minute. Stir in 1 cup of chicken broth and cook it for 1 minute more.
    2. Pour the contents of the pan into a blender or food processor, add the pumpkin, and puree the soup until it's smooth.
    3. Pour it all back into the pot, then stir in the remaining chicken broth, the salt, and the bay leaf. Set the soup over medium-high heat and bring it to a simmer, stirring occasionally.
    4. After 5 minutes, stir in the heavy cream and 2 tablespoons of honey. Taste the soup, adding more salt or honey if necessary to get the desired balance of sweet and savory. Simmer it for 2 minutes more, remove the soup from the heat, and serve it hot. For a pretty -- and tasty -- touch, garnish each bowl with a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkling of chopped chives. Makes 6 servings
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Turkey, Pumpkin Chili in a slow cooker.... Skinnytaste.com
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    I dont know if someone already said pumpkin rolls. I have a recipe for these too.
  • 4flamingoz
    4flamingoz Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    oooh-bump for later
  • rhondatime2chg
    rhondatime2chg Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I roast the pumpkin, then cut it in cubes and add to chili, spaghetti, and soups.
  • cmcqb
    cmcqb Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I love these recipes. The pumpkin cookies using cake mix sound fab. Will make those for hubby's hunting trip. Wondering I I can do the same recipe using applesauce and cake mix? Anyone know?
  • Masq
    Masq Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    these all sound so good! - save for later :smile: