1200 calories, exercise, but no weight loss!!

Options
1111213141517»

Replies

• jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Paging special snowflakes.

Believe it or not but we are all special snowflakes. Like it or not my body does NOT work the same as your body because we are all the same but yet we are all different. If we were all the same we'd all be fat or we'd all be skinny. We'd all have cancer or non of us would. I can be exposed to something that will make me ill but yet expose you to the same thing and nothing happens. Feed me less carbs and I lose weight, feed you less carbs and nothing changes....we are different, we are all "SPECIAL SNOWFLAKES"

No, you aren't.

YES, yes WE are. What works for you may not work for me, not matter how much you'd like to believe it will. Our bodies are the same and yet they can and do work differently, how can they not? Kinda silly if you ask me to even consider we are the same and what works for one will work for everyone.

Humans are not nearly as unique as you think. We all have all the same enzymes and hormones. All of our cells look the use. We all have the same metabolic processes.

There are differences but they're really not that significant, with very few exceptions.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Paging special snowflakes.

Believe it or not but we are all special snowflakes. Like it or not my body does NOT work the same as your body because we are all the same but yet we are all different. If we were all the same we'd all be fat or we'd all be skinny. We'd all have cancer or non of us would. I can be exposed to something that will make me ill but yet expose you to the same thing and nothing happens. Feed me less carbs and I lose weight, feed you less carbs and nothing changes....we are different, we are all "SPECIAL SNOWFLAKES"

No, you aren't.

YES, yes WE are. What works for you may not work for me, not matter how much you'd like to believe it will. Our bodies are the same and yet they can and do work differently, how can they not? Kinda silly if you ask me to even consider we are the same and what works for one will work for everyone.

I think you're confusing the "concept" being valid for the vast majority of people vs the "specifics" of the implementation of the concept. Consuming fewer calories than you burn results in weight loss. What that number is, however, varies by person (and then further varies for that one person over time).

ETA: /thread (apparently)
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,145 MFP Staff
    Options
    While this subject, in general, I am sure will come up again countless times; this specific topic has reached a logical end, the OP has had the opportunity to receive a great deal of feedback and these conversations can continue on in private messages.
This discussion has been closed.