Replies

• 1crazymom
    1crazymom Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • Tralee1111
    Tralee1111 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    I made this Monday night and it was really delicious. The portions are VERY generous. I would recommend adding the sour cream on top. It added a nice flavor to the dish.

MEXICAN PORK AND BEANS

2 tsp olive oil
    1 lb. pork tenderloin, cut into 1/2" cubes
    2 ribs celery, sliced
    1 large green bell pepper, sliced
    1 onion, chopped
    2 cans (15 oz) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
    2 cans (14.5 oz) no-salt added diced tomatoes
    1 cup frozen or canned (drained) corn kernels
    2 tbsp chili powder
    2 1/2 tsp ground cumin

1. Heat oil in large skillet over medium high heat. Add pork, celery, bell pepper and onion. Cook until meat is no longer pink.
    2. Layer meat and veggies with the beans, tomatoes, corn and spices.
    3. Cover and cook on low 4-6 hours. Season with salt and pepper to taste if desired.
    Optional: top with sour cream (any variety) and cilantro -- but remember to add that to your total.

Serves 4
    Cal: 388
    Carb: 43g
    Fiber: 11g
    Fat: 8g
    Sat Fat: 2g
    Pro: 43g
    Sod: 676mg
  • anbegley
    anbegley Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Cruzita
    Options
    bump
  • sgreene87
    sgreene87 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    yummy bump
  • MOMvsFOOD
    MOMvsFOOD Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Check out my website!

I have a tab just for crockpot and am always adding!

http://momvsfood.blogspot.com/search/label/Crockpot
  • amityc1981
    amityc1981 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I threw this together on a whim the other day, and it turned out great!
    2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1.5lbs total)
    1 jar bertolli marinara (or your favorite sauce)
    1 large zucchini, cut into chunks
    1 red bell pepper, cut into chunks
    1 small yellow onion, cut in half and sliced

I put the chicken in frozen and cooked it on low for about 10 hours. The chicken was so tender that it shredded. Yum! I served it over some whole wheat rotini. Filling and pretty low-cal.
  • ejlester
    Options
    Fantastic recipes!
  • kimmyh70
    kimmyh70 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Here is a super simple recipe:
    1 jar salsa
    chicken breast (2-4)

place chicken in slow cooker, throw salsa on top, (I swish a little bit of water around in the jar to get the last bit of salsa out and throw that in too) cook for 8-10 hours. You can put it on top of taco salads, rice, burritos. Last night I wrapped it in a big peice of lettuce and had a wrap. Enjoy :)

sounds good, gonna use this for our taco bar on super bowl sunday Thanks!
  • Jems916
    Jems916 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    bumping to look at later :)
  • susanliber
    susanliber Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I use mine all the time. My newest and easiest recipe...

about 6 boneless chicken breasts, sprinkle with one package of dry ranch dressing mix, pour about 6 oz of hot sauce or wing sauce over - cook for 6 - 8 hours, then take the chicken out and shred it. Can be used on sandwiches or on rice or noodles. Use as much or little of the sauce as you like. It really is not as hot as you would think.
  • Alison128
    Options
    Sorry if someone already posted this one, but I love the Kraft Tex-Mex Slow Cooker Chicken.. mmmmm

2 chicken breasts, cut into slices and tossed in 1 tbsp flour, 1 tbsp taco seasoning
    1 1/2 cups salsa
    1 cup frozen corn
    1 red pepper chopped or sliced
    1 green pepper chopped or sliced

Cooks for 4 hours on high, serve over rice with some shredded cheese if you wish... very tasty and makes for great leftovers too!
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    I THROW CHICKEN IN CROCKPOT WITH A JAR OF PASTA SAUCE,ONIONS,GARLIC.
    COOK 8 HOURS ON LOW.MAKE SOME WHOLE WHEAT PASTA TO GO WITH THE CHICKEN OR I`VE DONE BR RICE ALSO.
    ENJOY!!
  • 0flynnstone0
    Options
    Here's the link to a Chocolate Zucchini Cake in the Crockpot from the Health Eating Site.

I made it and it is honestly the BEST zucchini cake I've ever had (which is saying something, because my Grandma makes a pretty mean zucchini cake.) It's so moist and delicious!
    I didn't have cocoa when I made mine so I substituted with chocolate chips (naughty, naughty).

http://thehealthyeatingsite.com/chocolate-zucchini-cake-in-a-slow-cooker/
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Homemade vegetable beef soup. Tons of veggies like potatoes (white or sweet), carrots, celery, cabbage or collards, onions, rutabaga, green beans, tomatoes, broccoli, or whatever you like. Whenever you make soup, toss in a bay leaf. You can buy cheap cuts of beef like rump roast because after 8-10 hours of slow-cooking, it all comes out super tender. Just be sure to trim off all the fat before cooking. Soup is very filling and it freezes well.
  • curran80
    Options
    bump
  • bossmodehan
    bossmodehan Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    All amazing :D I am inspired!
    I am losing my 'bump' virginity right now :P
  • vstarcher
    Options
    BBQ Beef (Not sure about the calorie count but this is absolutely delicious)

3-4lb roast
    24oz catsup
    1/3c bbq sauce
    1/2c chopped onion
    1/4c brown sugar
    salt & pepper to taste
    chili powder to taste

Trim fat from roast. Put roast in crockpot. Mix all the other ingredients together and pour over roast. Cook on low for 10-12 hours. Shred with 2 forks.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Costa Vida Chicken

* 1 (16 oz.) bottle Kraft Zesty Italian Dressing (any brand will do, really)
    * 1 Tbsp chili powder
    * 1 Tbsp cumin
    * 3 cloves garlic, minced
    * 5 skinless, boneless chicken breast

Cook all together in a crock pot on low for 4 hours, shred meat and cook 1 additional hour. (This recipe makes a lot so you can do have or freeze the leftovers for another meal)

This is my favorite slow cooker recipe. Easy and tasty. Only drawback -- a tad high on the sodium from the Italian dressing.

Hat Tip: http://realmomkitchen.com/1761/costa-vida-chicken/
  • tammyquinnlmt
    tammyquinnlmt Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I love to put a whole chicken in and coat it with cajun seasoning. Cook it on high for 4 hours. Its soo tender and delicous and tasted like a rotisserie (spelling?) chicken