Is it starvation mode???

Options
12346»

Replies

• DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the link, OP. I have been here for 15 months and have not seen an article that explains it quite as well as this one did. I think I will be posting this link to every knee-jerk response of "you need to eat more" that gets thrown into threads before they even know anything about the person asking , "I am doing everything right and why am I not losing anything!"

I love the last line of the article that responds to that question with-

"Because if you WERE doing everything right and you WERE in a deficit, you’d currently be losing weight and we wouldn’t be having this conversation."

And congrats, OP, for your success in losing your weight and keeping it off. Looks like you didn't use any excuses, you just did it!

ETA, because I am OCD about spelling and grammar!
  • Jkn922
    Jkn922 Posts: 74
    Options
    Thanks so much for this article, learn something new everyday here. Clears up a lot of worries for me
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    Bumping this cus it needs to be a sticky!
  • smc864
    smc864 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the link, OP. I have been here for 15 months and have not seen an article that explains it quite as well as this one did. I think I will be posting this link to every knee-jerk response of "you need to eat more" that gets thrown into threads before they even know anything about the person asking , "I am doing everything right and why am I not losing anything!"

I love the last line of the article that responds to that question with-

"Because if you WERE doing everything right and you WERE in a deficit, you’d currently be losing weight and we wouldn’t be having this conversation."

And congrats, OP, for your success in losing your weight and keeping it off. Looks like you didn't use any excuses, you just did it!

ETA, because I am OCD about spelling and grammar!

:heart:

That's one of my favorite quotes from the article. :happy:
  • Cristjams
    Cristjams Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Very informative article with a lot of explanation and logical conclusions! Thanks for the post!
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    This is great information, thank you for posting. Now when I accidently go under my calorie intake of 1200, i won't panic and think OMG I'M GOING TO STAY FAT!! This makes me feel better.

That being said, I am so proud of all of you, anyone who lost any weight. I'm struggling right now. I feel like i'm logging things accurately, but I may not be. Even still, i'm working out and trying to stay around 1200 calories a day. I don't find it hard to stay around 1200 calories, all i have to do is watch what i eat and stay away from fast foods. Working out about 30 minutes a day, but still struggling. 5'4 and 138lbs and seeing no difference as of yet. Still staying with it, it's only been 2 weeks and i'm not going to give up. You all are great motivation. I know i can do this with help, and articles like this.