Progress Pics! -50 pounds!

Options

Replies

• Laura80111
    Laura80111 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Good job and great pics. Looking forward to when you reach your goal:flowerforyou:
  • katlou2
    katlou2 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! You look great! Keep Rockin out and you WILL make that goal! Can't wait to see your next set of pics!
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Wow Dani! You are an inspiration. I noticed your comment about losing the last 22 lbs. via Zumba. I was thinking about getting the DVDs to start at home. You took a class.....do you think it is just as effective as being in a class? Just not sure if the instructor pushes you to work harder.....although my schedule would handle doing it at home better than taking time to get to a gym.
    I have never done the Zumba DVD's myself actually. I have friends that have though. I just knew I HAD to take the classes so that I WOULD actually do it! The atmosphere in the class is definitely different than at home....its like a party! The people I know that have the DVD's like them, but they will still take a class every once in a while. If doing it at home is what works for you...then do that. You can push yourself as hard as need be.

I got a Heart Rate Monitor a little over a week ago and it has made a difference in my overall performance. I was able to see how much more I needed to push to get results. After almost a month long plateau, I lost 4.5 lbs this week!

I do Zumba about 1-2 times a week! But I workout everyday! Zumba was the extra nudge I needed to step up my game. It has definitely helped in toning the midsection, legs and arms!
  • kristi223
    kristi223 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Girl...you look amazing!! Congratulations!!
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look amazing!! Keep up your hard work! Thank you so much for sharing this with us!
  • lindclan
    Options
    Congratulations!!! You are looking great! You inspire me.

1756347.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • michaelsdavies
    michaelsdavies Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Well done, you look fantastic!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. Hitting 50 lbs lost is such a mile marker to be proud of!. Your arm's look great also.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    That's great!!! What a dramatic difference. I bet you're so excited! :happy: I've only lost 21 and I get so excited looking at my before pictures. Keep up the good work!
  • zenzoes
    zenzoes Posts: 187
    Options
    True inspiration my dear!
  • reneeot
    reneeot Posts: 773 Member
    Options

The day I got reacquainted with my collar bones!
    142597_3344.jpg

A comment after my own heart. I keep telling everyone my collar bone disappeared I want it back!!!!
  • californiajuls
    californiajuls Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You look awesome. Keep up the great work.
  • Helinah26
    Helinah26 Posts: 288
    Options
    girl great job. keep up the good work :D
  • fitbot
    fitbot Posts: 406
    Options
    you look amazing! congrAats!
    please tell me what is this 100 push up challenge you speak of? my upper body strength sucks
  • laughingdani
    Options
    you look amazing! congrAats!
    please tell me what is this 100 push up challenge you speak of? my upper body strength sucks
    You have to try it! www.hundredpushups.com
    It is a 6 week program where you do about 5 sets of push-ups 3 days a week.
    By the end you are supposed to be able to do 100 consecutive push-ups. Even if you can barely do 5 in the beginning.
    I was barely able to do 10 "girly" push-ups when I started. I just finished the final week, this week. Haven't tried the 100 consecutive yet. You are supposed to rest for a while before you do.

Definitely check it out! You will surprise yourself. They also have a sit-ups challenge, which I am trying next. Also a squats challenge and a pull-up challenge coming soon!
  • fitbot
    fitbot Posts: 406
    Options
    do you do real pushups or girly pushups now?
    I yearn to one day be able to drop and and do 20 real pushups.....
  • laughingdani
    Options
    do you do real pushups or girly pushups now?
    I yearn to one day be able to drop and and do 20 real pushups.....
    real pushups!! You start out according to the level you are at now. When you get on the site you learn about the initial test-which is the amount of pushups you can do at one time.

You start out on day one doing about 5 sets of 3-5 pushups. By week 6 you are doing about 5-6 sets of 30-60 pushups with a 45 second rest in between sets!
  • gnrshelton
    gnrshelton Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    How good you must feel. I aspire to lose that much. Its always nice to see what difference it makes in photos. Good For you. Actually great for you. You Go Girl. Keep posting those progress pics. Its inspiring to see.
  • emsmom2k
    Options
    You look absolutely amazing and proud, as you should be! Very good motivator!!!
  • susandersons06
    Options
    Wow! Thanks for sharing! You truly look amazing!!
    :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!