Jillian Michaels is in hot water...

Options

Replies

• Huppmanj
    Huppmanj Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    If anyone was forced to work out for that many hours a day, they would need some sort of energy supplement; be it caffeine pills, ephedrine, straight up meth... take your pick.

Agreed...
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    OMG, why is the show still on if it's that horrible?
    Because it's making a lot of people a lot of money? Just a shot in the dark.
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    ...for supplying caffeine pills to her team on Biggest Loser
    http://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/tv-news/burning-did-biggest-loser-jillian-michael-too-far-224414265.html
    What are your thoughts on this??

I think she can climb into some hot water with me.
    Sorry you are not her cup of tea, lol.
  • gordowens
    Options
    I was thinking that they wanted a reason to get Reuben back because he is a celebrity so they made a big deal out of nothing. Would they do the same if the contestants had a 5 hour energy?

All for the ratings IMO

^^ This is my thought exactly!
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    How long should we let her cook for utmost tenderness?

I think the flavor would be too b*tchy for my taste.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    ...for supplying caffeine pills to her team on Biggest Loser
    http://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/tv-news/burning-did-biggest-loser-jillian-michael-too-far-224414265.html
    What are your thoughts on this??

I think she can climb into some hot water with me.
    Sorry you are not her cup of tea, lol.

Was thinking the same thing :)
  • fionarama
    fionarama Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I was disappointed to discover recently that she uses/has used steroids. However honestly, she has changed my life I keep going back to "her" workouts and I keep getting results. She says the right things to motivate me and i can't thank her enough for finally letting me get the results I deserve after years and years (hell decades ) of slaving away in gyms.
    People get knocked when they're in the public eye but they still achieve results.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    I thought there was going to be a hot tub gif. =(

This is what I was hoping for.
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    Waitwaitwaitwait......wait...

wait...

You mean to tell me that people on TBL ain't natty?

Damn bro...is it like that on the rest of TV?

1620742673_532dd66d_mind_blown_xlarge.jpeg
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I went to the open casting calls in Los Angeles back in May to audition and it seemed like the agents/producers really didn't know what they were looking for this season. That was the impression I got from them anyway. They seemed disorganized or unfocused. It is their 15th season, they should have their act together.

The highlight of that experience though was meeting the wonderful people I did while waiting in line.

Since that day in May in lost 60 lbs on my own without the show. So in their faces.

Caffeine is ok in moderation. It's no worse off than a cup of coffee. The only reason I watch my caffeine intake is for anxiety related reasons, my nervous system doesn't like it too much. Don't need the extra jitters.

Congrats man. I have to wonder how the show continues... I watched a few episodes several seasons back and everybody on there was like "omggg this is my last chance, this is my only hope!"

Er... presumably if you're (general you, not YOU) trying out for the show, you probably have been watching it. You KNOW HOW TO LOSE WEIGHT. Saying "if only I could get on Biggest Loser I could finally lose the weight" is probably a sure sign that even if you did get on, you will gain it back as soon as you don't have people yelling at you to do it anymore.

So congrats and it sounds like you're much better off!
  • tamcrit
    tamcrit Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I was thinking that they wanted a reason to get Reuben back because he is a celebrity so they made a big deal out of nothing. Would they do the same if the contestants had a 5 hour energy?

All for the ratings IMO

I think you nailed it....just a way to bring Reuben back....all for ratings.
  • bohica36
    bohica36 Posts: 67 Member
    Options

All for the ratings IMO

Winning answer!
  • mikester66
    mikester66 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Just another way to create fake drama to get more people to watch.
  • tmm_0127
    tmm_0127 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't even think she did it.

I think it was just a way to get Ruben back on the show (like others have already said in here).

They're just trying to add different kinds of drama this season to make it different and more interesting than other seasons.
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    I thought there was going to be a hot tub gif. =(

cup of tea? cup of joe? or pill? don't care. (don't watch tv either, so really don't care.)
  • Arthursmama
    Options
    I honestly don't even think she did it.

I think it was just a way to get Ruben back on the show (like others have already said in here).

They're just trying to add different kinds of drama this season to make it different and more interesting than other seasons.

Well, she wrote on Facebook that she did it.

I don't watch TBL because I am not from the US, but I like Jillian and I think it is just ridiculous that people lament about a caffeinepill that includes as much caf as one or two cups of coffee. Helloho? Does anybody really think these people do lose tons of weight because of a cup of coffee?
  • nyc1man
    Options
    No big deal!! She is not killing anybody and she has been doing this reality show for a long time.
  • Gemini24K83
    Gemini24K83 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You said it all bornofthorns and I totally agree!
  • Allterrain_Lady
    Allterrain_Lady Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Of course it's a set up to get that Ruben guy back. They know beforehand how much weight each team has lost and the white time was losing the weigh in anyway.
    That's said assuming that the real numbers are the ones we see. They probably can lie about a few lbs every week and make anyone they want make the final four.
    That's probably the reason why the rules regarding elimination change so much during each seasons.

Maybe Jillian just took the bullet of a crude scam.

What I know for sure is that her workouts kick my a** on a daily basis, that she is be thanked for for a lot of my progress and that I enjoy her podcasts a lot!

If people are gullible enough to really believe they can lose the amounts of weight we see on TV while living their real lives, that's not exactly her fault.
    If you read her books and listen to the podcast, she never advocates the biggest loser rules to be applied in real lives.

GO JILLIAN!
  • RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I do her workouts regularly and will often take pop a 150-200mg caffeine pill beforehand anyway.

I find it helps me work out harder and with better stamina.

Although I find the frilled floral shirt and tweed jacket combo more shocking than anything. WTH JILLIAN?!?!

http://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/tv-news/biggest-loser--shocker--jillian-michaels-did-a-bad--bad-thing-093656195.html :noway: