3 Days in and not inspired

Options

Replies

• Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    ...there, there you are a special snowflake and since you are trying so hard I am going to magically melt the fat off of your body for you (waves magic wand).

Do mine next! Do mine next!

Not if I beat you to the magic wand FIRST!! :wink:
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    ...there, there you are a special snowflake and since you are trying so hard I am going to magically melt the fat off of your body for you (waves magic wand).

This is an option? Crap...I wish I'd known that before I did all that time in the weight room, LOL...

Can you wave that thing at me, too? Pretty please?:wink:
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    yeah, i agree, your making it too difficult! eat less calories than what you put out. simple.
  • LuLuChick78
    LuLuChick78 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    There is enough magic wand for everyone...no worries :laugh:
  • _errata_
    _errata_ Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    yeah, i agree, your making it too difficult! eat less calories than what you put out. simple.

She knows what she is talking about! It really is that simple.
  • staceykristen
    staceykristen Posts: 9 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :drinker:

How in the world do any of you consider this helpful or mature in any way?
  • LuLuChick78
    LuLuChick78 Posts: 439 Member
    Options

No carbs AND no sense of humor......geesh.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options

Does it have to be?
  • yankeedownsouth
    yankeedownsouth Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    There is enough magic wand for everyone...no worries :laugh:

It's my birthday, can you do me next??? :)
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    As promised, here is my response to your PM to me....just to keep everyone up to date. I am not posting your message to me as I am not as rude as you seem to think.

"You are in some sort of bubble if you didn't expect that post of yours to cause such responses. It has to be a troll post as I cannot comprehend someone seriously writing that and then responding the way you have been.

You were ASKING for help and anyone who stated that what you are doing is not a sustainable path was met with argument from you. If you know it all already then just do it.

Ok, I will be constructive...there, there you are a special snowflake and since you are trying so hard I am going to magically melt the fat off of your body for you (waves magic wand).

I am generally not this bit**y to people but come on....really?

I am posting my response to the thread...just because I can. Feel free to hit "ignore user" under my profile pic so you don't have to see anything I write."
    :huh: wow, so unnecessary!
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    I haven't read the rest of the replies yet, but I will hold off on my usual snark and be all puffyhearthelpful for a bit.

In regards to your weight going up, 3 days is not long enough to really see any meaningful and legitimate changes in your fat mass. The average person's weight will fluctuate about 5 pounds throughout the course of a day and also from day to day due to water and food waste retention. Also, when you begin strength training, your body will store extra water and glycogen in your skeletal muscle to help fuel and repair itself from the abuse it takes from exercise.

So I would recommend weighing yourself only once per week, in the morning after evacuating your bladder and bowels. Track week to week and look for an overall downward and upward trend, then make adjustments to your eating accordingly.

IF your weight begins to trend upward, it means that you are eating too many calories for your daily activity level. I recommend weighing, in grams, everything you eat and measuring everything your drink that contains calories. This combined with accurate logging is the most effective tool you have in weight management.

The restrictions you have put in yourself for food are unnecessary and potentially unsustainable. I recommend eating anything you want providing it meets your nutritional goals. If you have certain trigger foods that cause you to binge, it is fine to avoid them for awhile. But remember,the key to keeping the weight off for good is correcting your relationship with food.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    By the way, people seem to freaking love my cat. So I probably will take some more pictures of her.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    As promised, here is my response to your PM to me....just to keep everyone up to date. I am not posting your message to me as I am not as rude as you seem to think.

"You are in some sort of bubble if you didn't expect that post of yours to cause such responses. It has to be a troll post as I cannot comprehend someone seriously writing that and then responding the way you have been.

You were ASKING for help and anyone who stated that what you are doing is not a sustainable path was met with argument from you. If you know it all already then just do it.

Ok, I will be constructive...there, there you are a special snowflake and since you are trying so hard I am going to magically melt the fat off of your body for you (waves magic wand).

I am generally not this bit**y to people but come on....really?

I am posting my response to the thread...just because I can. Feel free to hit "ignore user" under my profile pic so you don't have to see anything I write."
    :huh: wow, so unnecessary!

It's NOT and it's so immature and least of all helpful in any way shape or form.

OP...take the positive from the thread and let it go... rude ppl are not worth spending anymore time with... you won't find the help you're looking for from insensitive ppl.

I will add, get friendly with the 'ignore button', it's located below the users name and is a drop down menu. The ignore button will save many brain cells and time, it's a wonderful feature.:love:
  • rb16fitness
    rb16fitness Posts: 236 Member
    Options

No carbs AND no sense of humor......geesh.

..and time's running out will she be able to get a hat-trick?
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Options
    By the way, people seem to freaking love my cat. So I probably will take some more pictures of her.

I've noticed this lately too! :laugh::laugh::laugh:
  • dirty_dirty_eater
    dirty_dirty_eater Posts: 574 Member
    Options

She is cute. I bet she's more realistic and has a better sense of humor than the OP.
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options

no wait a darm minute, no one EVER told me that this was supposed to be a mature site... i would have never came...
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Options

OP...take the positive from the thread and let it go... rude ppl are not worth spending anymore time with... you won't find the help you're looking for from insensitive ppl.

I will add, get friendly with the 'ignore button', it's located below the users name and is a drop down menu. The ignore button will save many brain cells and time, it's a wonderful feature.:love:

That's right, she's already proven that it's not the kind of help she is looking for, and if refusing to sugarcoat BS makes me insensitive, then I will gladly accept that label.
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    What happens on the 4th day?
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    K , again, if you're going to comment and just say "agree" to people who said I am an idiot then please don't bother commenting. I was overseas for a year and not exercising regularly or dieting. I only gained about 20 pounds probably the year I was overseas, but I went off birth control 3 months ago and it caused me to gain 20 more pounds in a short period of time. Yikeeees, posting on here has shown me that most people would rather make me feel dumb or defeated than be encouraging. Thanks to the people that are explaining how they feel in a nice manner.

So you lost 50 lbs, then gained 40 lbs... and this episode has convinced you that the way to do it this time is to do pretty much the same thing you did in the beginning.

Hm.

Again, not constructive. Go back to taking pictures with your cat. and because I gained back my weight doesn't mean that what I did the first time was wrong, it just means I didn't stick with it, and I admit that, and also went off a medication I had been on for 10 years. In no way did I my original post mean to say that all I plan to eat for the rest of my life is spinach and chicken. haha.

Just for you:

poe.jpg
This discussion has been closed.