In "batman vs. superman" nerd fights...

Options

Replies

• escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    But The first Wolverine movie didn't happen, it's stricken from the record because you see Emma Frost get rescued by Xavier and that obviously didn't happen in the Xmen movie timeline

That and they ruined Deadpool. And the whole victor/sabertooth thing just doesn't fit with the first XMen. I didn't hate the movie as much as everyone else did but I didn't love it. The New Wolverine wasn't all that great either. Really slow moving I found.

The first Wolverine movie was absolutely terrible....

The second one after watching it a second time was actually pretty good, especially compared to the first one!
  • Collier78
    Collier78 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    superman-pwns-batman.gif

WOW...^^this^^ is HILARIOUS!
  • Collier78
    Collier78 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I gotta say...I would go with Superman...I know there are a lot of women on here saying they don't want the squeaky clean boyscout....but I just can't help it...
  • KinoM
    KinoM Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    How about the immense power who's defeated (or alleged to have) Dr Doom, Thanos, MODOK, Galactus, Wolverine & Deadpool?

SquirrelGirl.jpg
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    Let's just all agree that although very kind, and his uniform is cool.....everyone could kick Captain America's *ss! Even Aquaman...
    captainamerica1.gif

NO. this is false. :angry:

Hey man, lay off the Cap ok? He's ****ing captain america. He will kick your *kitten*.

He could totally kick my *ss, but so could many of the people on this site so that's not a great argument. I'm a 5'3'' woman, I'd happily let Chris Evans try to wrestle me. :tongue: but as a hero he just doesnt have much going for him. Is he cool and awesome sure, but anyone could beat him. If anyone has an argument against me please tell me. Everyone is saying I'm false but no one is saying why.

This is a synopsis of Captain America's powers from Wikipedia. I pulled it from a source that's readily available to all people, not just those of us with extensive comic collections. I politely suggest you at least research him slightly before saying he "doesn't have much going for him."

"Captain America has no superhuman powers, but through the Super-Soldier Serum and "Vita-Ray" treatment, he is transformed and his strength, endurance, agility, speed, reflexes, durability, and healing are at the zenith of natural human potential. Rogers' body regularly replenishes the super-soldier serum; it does not wear off.[109]

The formula enhances all of his metabolic functions and prevents the build-up of fatigue poisons in his muscles, giving him endurance far in excess of an ordinary human being. This accounts for many of his extraordinary feats, including bench pressing 1200 pounds (545 kg) and running a mile (1.6 km) in 73 seconds (49 mph/78 kph).[128] Furthermore, his enhancements are the reason why he was able to survive being frozen in suspended animation for decades. He is highly resistant to hypnosis or gases that could limit his focus.[129] The secrets of creating a super-soldier were lost with the death of its creator, Dr. Abraham Erskine.[60] In the ensuing decades there have been numerous attempts to recreate Erskine's treatment, only to have them end in failure. Even worse, the attempts have instead often created psychopathic supervillains of which Captain America's 1950s imitator and Nuke are the most notorious examples.

Rogers' battle experience and training make him an expert tactician and an excellent field commander, with his teammates frequently deferring to his orders in battle. Thor has stated that Rogers is one of the very few humans he will take orders from and follow "through the gates of Hades." Rogers' reflexes and senses are extraordinarily keen. He has blended judo, western boxing, kickboxing, and gymnastics into his own unique fighting style and is a master of multiple martial arts. Years of practice with his near-indestructible shield make him able to aim and throw it with almost unerring accuracy. His skill with his shield is such that he can attack multiple targets in succession with a single throw or even cause a boomerang-like return from a throw to attack an enemy from behind. In canon, he is regarded by other skilled fighters as one of the best hand-to-hand combatants in the Marvel Universe, limited only by his human physique.[131][132] Although the super-soldier serum is an important part of his strength, Rogers has shown himself still sufficiently capable against stronger opponents, even when the serum has been deactivated reverting him to his pre-Captain America physique.[133]

Rogers has vast U.S. military knowledge and is often shown to be familiar with ongoing, classified Defense Department operations. He is an expert in combat strategy, survival, acrobatics, military strategy, piloting, and demolitions. Despite his high profile as one of the world's most popular and recognizable superheroes, Rogers has a broad understanding of the espionage community, largely through his ongoing relationship with S.H.I.E.L.D. He is a talented artist, and has worked on the Captain America comic book published in the Marvel universe. Other career fields include commercial arts, teaching high school history, and law enforcement.

Although he lacks superhuman strength, Captain America is one of the few mortal beings who has been deemed worthy enough to wield Thor's hammer Mjolnir."
  • SoLongAndThanksForAllTheFish
    Options
    I think Batman and Robin vs the Ambiguously Gay Duo would be the most entertaining battle to watch and I'm not even gay! Not that there's anything wrong with that...
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    Fixed it for you. :D
    2n6p.jpg
  • Dubby83
    Options
    thanks I'm an idiot
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    Don't forget Batman knocked out Guy Gardner with one punch too....
  • Beastmode454
    Beastmode454 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Fixed it for you. :D
    2n6p.jpg

batman still does not have the power to send him through a building. (huge fan of both)
  • Beastmode454
    Beastmode454 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    A single strand of supermans hair can hold 2000lbs.. enough said.
  • Howdoyoufeeltoday
    Howdoyoufeeltoday Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Let's just all agree that although very kind, and his uniform is cool.....everyone could kick Captain America's *ss! Even Aquaman...
    captainamerica1.gif

NO. this is false. :angry:

Hey man, lay off the Cap ok? He's ****ing captain america. He will kick your *kitten*.

He could totally kick my *ss, but so could many of the people on this site so that's not a great argument. I'm a 5'3'' woman, I'd happily let Chris Evans try to wrestle me. :tongue: but as a hero he just doesnt have much going for him. Is he cool and awesome sure, but anyone could beat him. If anyone has an argument against me please tell me. Everyone is saying I'm false but no one is saying why.

This is a synopsis of Captain America's powers from Wikipedia. I pulled it from a source that's readily available to all people, not just those of us with extensive comic collections. I politely suggest you at least research him slightly before saying he "doesn't have much going for him."

"Captain America has no superhuman powers, but through the Super-Soldier Serum and "Vita-Ray" treatment, he is transformed and his strength, endurance, agility, speed, reflexes, durability, and healing are at the zenith of natural human potential. Rogers' body regularly replenishes the super-soldier serum; it does not wear off.[109]

The formula enhances all of his metabolic functions and prevents the build-up of fatigue poisons in his muscles, giving him endurance far in excess of an ordinary human being. This accounts for many of his extraordinary feats, including bench pressing 1200 pounds (545 kg) and running a mile (1.6 km) in 73 seconds (49 mph/78 kph).[128] Furthermore, his enhancements are the reason why he was able to survive being frozen in suspended animation for decades. He is highly resistant to hypnosis or gases that could limit his focus.[129] The secrets of creating a super-soldier were lost with the death of its creator, Dr. Abraham Erskine.[60] In the ensuing decades there have been numerous attempts to recreate Erskine's treatment, only to have them end in failure. Even worse, the attempts have instead often created psychopathic supervillains of which Captain America's 1950s imitator and Nuke are the most notorious examples.

Rogers' battle experience and training make him an expert tactician and an excellent field commander, with his teammates frequently deferring to his orders in battle. Thor has stated that Rogers is one of the very few humans he will take orders from and follow "through the gates of Hades." Rogers' reflexes and senses are extraordinarily keen. He has blended judo, western boxing, kickboxing, and gymnastics into his own unique fighting style and is a master of multiple martial arts. Years of practice with his near-indestructible shield make him able to aim and throw it with almost unerring accuracy. His skill with his shield is such that he can attack multiple targets in succession with a single throw or even cause a boomerang-like return from a throw to attack an enemy from behind. In canon, he is regarded by other skilled fighters as one of the best hand-to-hand combatants in the Marvel Universe, limited only by his human physique.[131][132] Although the super-soldier serum is an important part of his strength, Rogers has shown himself still sufficiently capable against stronger opponents, even when the serum has been deactivated reverting him to his pre-Captain America physique.[133]

Rogers has vast U.S. military knowledge and is often shown to be familiar with ongoing, classified Defense Department operations. He is an expert in combat strategy, survival, acrobatics, military strategy, piloting, and demolitions. Despite his high profile as one of the world's most popular and recognizable superheroes, Rogers has a broad understanding of the espionage community, largely through his ongoing relationship with S.H.I.E.L.D. He is a talented artist, and has worked on the Captain America comic book published in the Marvel universe. Other career fields include commercial arts, teaching high school history, and law enforcement.

Although he lacks superhuman strength, Captain America is one of the few mortal beings who has been deemed worthy enough to wield Thor's hammer Mjolnir."

I know his abilities I don't need to Wikipedia him. I'm sorry if I personally offended you somehow by implying that he "doesn't have much going for him". It's not to say he's a useless hero, but in comparison to the other heroes in the Marvel or even DC universe the majority of them could beat him. Yes he's got great hand to hand combat and he's smart and has great training, and his serum gives cool abilities. I just think that faced against some of the major heroes he doesn't have enough power it would take to beat them.
  • Howdoyoufeeltoday
    Howdoyoufeeltoday Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    But The first Wolverine movie didn't happen, it's stricken from the record because you see Emma Frost get rescued by Xavier and that obviously didn't happen in the Xmen movie timeline

That and they ruined Deadpool. And the whole victor/sabertooth thing just doesn't fit with the first XMen. I didn't hate the movie as much as everyone else did but I didn't love it. The New Wolverine wasn't all that great either. Really slow moving I found.

The second one after watching it a second time was actually pretty good, especially compared to the first one!

It wasn't terrible....well not completely. There were some good parts.....

It's not hard to top the first one. But for half the movie he wasn't even the one fighting. it was his female side-kick. He was dreaming about jean the whole time. I guess I just keep going to watch these movies thinking they'll be great and I'm always sad at the end.

But The new Thor was a pretty good watch so that makes me happy at least.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options

I said this in a different thread but Wolverine has such a long history and he's so all over the place I wish he had his own tv show and not movies. He's a cool character (one of the coolest IMO) but I don't think movies really lend well to his background or storylines. I thought the Japan storyline was cool when I first read it but it didn't translate very well to a movie at all. I wasn't a big fan of it, but maybe I will give it a rewatch!
  • shining_light
    shining_light Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    My stepson loves Hulk. I really don't get it. Roid rage is not a superpower, IMO. :wink:

We get into some sort of spiderman vs. batman nerd fight about once every two weeks(bear in mind he's 4 years old and I'm a grown-*kitten* adult woman, at that). I insist that batman's superpower is "money" and that makes him the best because anyone could be batman with enough money and time on their hands; therefore, batman could do everything every other superhero can do because he has enough money to figure out how to make it happen.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Regarding the OP's question:

If Batman knows in advance he's going up against Superman, he can put together a plan to beat Superman. If he has no advance notice, he's dead before he knows what's up.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options

I said this in a different thread but Wolverine has such a long history and he's so all over the place I wish he had his own tv show and not movies. He's a cool character (one of the coolest IMO) but I don't think movies really lend well to his background or storylines. I thought the Japan storyline was cool when I first read it but it didn't translate very well to a movie at all. I wasn't a big fan of it, but maybe I will give it a rewatch!

Yes. This is why I was so frustrated with the Origins movie when they glossed over 130 years during the opening credits. I was excited at the first scene and then fffffffffft 1975!
  • ren_ascent
    ren_ascent Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Silver Surfer would still trash'em all! imo

Silver Surfer from comic...YES, Silver Surfer from Fantastic 4 movie everyone wants to forget....NO WAY!

Silver Surfer from the comics would be a badass fight!

I still believe Rogue from X-men could take anyone on the list so far, she is the only one who could kill Wolverine, superman and even the Hulk(although that would suck for everyone because we would now have a new hulk that can't control her powers lol)

You have a valid point. If she can get her hands on him, she drains him and gains his powers. She could totally take them all out.
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    i vote super woman to kick both there butt because there both gentalmen