How do you get yourself to wake up early?

Options
124»

Replies

• kreene1987
    kreene1987 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I would try moving closer to work! Yipes thats a lot of time and money wasted driving!
  • clambert1273
    clambert1273 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I just get up lol 4:00am ... Alarm goes off, I smack it, and immediately get up out of the bed (I have trained myself well)...
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    I mentally made that commitment to myself, and I do it joyfully. I make it part of my life and don't see it as 'having to get up early", but as being dynamic and motivated to work on being a better me! It is worth it.
  • lms333
    lms333 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Are you able to get in some body resistance work-outs while at work? For instance, I set my Outlook to go off every hour to remind me to get up and move. Be it 15 squats or 15 desk push-ups or even stretch. I did an entire day of nothing but squats once and I was sore for days after. At 8 hours in my day I racked up 120 reps. Just some food for thought. Heck, you could even toss some 5 pound weights or resistance bands in your bag and have them for the rotation. I too am not a morning person, just have to get creative with the time you do have. :)
  • xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    Options
    Habit! If I do it enough, my body gets used to it.
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    I sleep in my workout clothes too, if I'm going to work out in the morning. Normally I go to the gym after work though. Good luck to ya!

So you'd sleep in them then go to the gym or is this on home workout days? Sleeping in the clothes wouldn't get me up n the morning though.
  • jonesin_am
    jonesin_am Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Early morning is the ONLY time I can get to myself most times and the only time I have the energy to put in the effort. I joined a local free boot camp at 5am - so I need to be out of the house by 4:45. I make myself go to bed early, like before 10pm. I also make that commitment to myself. No excuses. No matter how I feel, how tired I am, how warm my bed is, how dark it is outside...I get up. You just have to do it. Now, I have to have two alarms...one that goes off to kinda wake me up and another one that tells me it's time to get my a** out of bed! NEVER was a morning person or one to wake up with an alarm. But if you want the results bad enough you will find a way. Sometimes setting out the clothes the night before helps. Knowing they are already out and all I have to do it put them on and go makes the task a little less daunting. AND I know I will feel amazing after the workout but if I don't go there will be regret in its place. Good luck!!