Sara’s First Powerlifting Competition (pics and vids)

Options

Replies

• sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Congratulations to one of MFP's most inspiring people :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • SinomenJen
    SinomenJen Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    You are so amazing, I love your attitude, your goals and your proof that strong is beautiful! (not to mention I want your socks!)
  • fitandgeeky
    fitandgeeky Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    You are my hero! Awesome job.
  • tkcasta
    tkcasta Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lo5xkj3lAh1qb7o1y_zps0ef60229.gif
  • lwoodroff
    lwoodroff Posts: 1,431 Member
    Options
    Well, I have to say, that is a nice pair.. of trophies! Way to go Sara!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    In...

...because awesome...

...and I want to remember to read this when I'm in an environment where I can enjoy the read.

#NotCreepy
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Awesome work lady. My wife and girls watched the videos and were pretty inspired. The girls ran and got the dumbbells and started showing us how strong they were. AWESOME!.
  • yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Respect to you Sara.
    Namaste.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Amazing. Very inspirational. :)
  • Fitfully_me
    Fitfully_me Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Wonderful Sara!!! I shared in your nerves just reading about this!

Congrats!
  • kramalicious
    Options
    Hellls Yes!!! Way to go!
    Girls rule!
  • notworthstalking
    notworthstalking Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Awesome work. I really admire you for getting out in front of all those people and giving it a go. I believe your next competition will only be better. I hope this inspires others to get out and try something. Whether it be power lifting, a martial art, any sporting activity, find something you love and go and do it.

I learnt two things from a aikido 10th dan recovering from major surgery a few weeks ago. We simply must do.... Something. Also to have fun is just as important for grown ups as the kids. Of course he said it much better lol. But way to go Mate :)
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Love love love!!
  • bellaamor30
    bellaamor30 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing, you are amazing!!!!
  • anorangie
    anorangie Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Congrats, Sara! Thanks for sharing your day. Very awesome.:flowerforyou:
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Being the kind, caring, and big hearted person that she is, Sara thought it best to "have a few bad lifts" if you know what I mean, so that the other ladies could feel like they "might have a chance" if you know what I mean.

So even though she does warmups with 125 on the bench, and she hits 235 on the squat for reps at lightning fast bar speed, she really did not want to hurt anyone's feelings. I mean it wouldn't be very ladylike to show up at your first meet and run away with all the trophies and break all the records. How would those other poor ladies feel, having been powerlifting for several years, having some new woman on the block show up and run away with the show? So I say good for her for laying down, and letting everyone have a chance. *

*But when it was time to deadlift, she changed her mind.

You are just all kinds of awesome. Scary to think what numbers you'll be moving next year.
  • silken555
    silken555 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I'm so so SOOOOO happy for you Sara!

I hope you know just how incredibly inspiring you are.

I will have to check out the vids on my computer!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Being the kind, caring, and big hearted person that she is, Sara thought it best to "have a few bad lifts" if you know what I mean, so that the other ladies could feel like they "might have a chance" if you know what I mean.

So even though she does warmups with 125 on the bench, and she hits 235 on the squat for reps at lightning fast bar speed, she really did not want to hurt anyone's feelings. I mean it wouldn't be very ladylike to show up at your first meet and run away with all the trophies and break all the records. How would those other poor ladies feel, having been powerlifting for several years, having some new woman on the block show up and run away with the show? So I say good for her for laying down, and letting everyone have a chance. *

*But when it was time to deadlift, she changed her mind.

You are just all kinds of awesome. Scary to think what numbers you'll be moving next year.

LMAO -and :heart:
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy for your success, and love reading this. Sooooooo in!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!